Skunk Anansie

Leykis101

Here's a band I haven't seen discussed and an excellent hard rockin album with a little bit modern of a twist, with one of my all time favorite songs, I Can Dream, do we have any other fans?

Great band with 3 really solid releases. Recent live reports say they are back to their best and are really cooking. New album on the way aswell, so looking forward to hearing it..

That's what I like about u Jez, if I want to discuss something that rocks, but I doubt very many people have heard it, I can pretty much guess you have, and to anybody that hasn't heard Skunk Anansie, you should do yourself a favor, don't let the bands appearence mislead you, threy are a far overlooked American band(as far as I know) that's female vocalist is very unique, as well as the band, in that they clearly come from 80s metal backgrounds, but they do it with a modern twist, they rock fuckin hard, and tight, and you all should check them out!

Ive got all their albums and absolutely love this band. I agree that 'I Can Dream' is an absolute stormer and one of my fav ever songs. Killer song.

Difficult to choose between the 3 releases as all have some excellent songs along with one or two fillers. I think their last album is excellent tho and really showed how tight the band had become following endless touring. I think I caught them live at least twice ...maybe three times.

News of a new album is most welcome :guitbannana:

Never bought into the hype surrounding this band, and found them to be somewhat naff.

Just could not get into Skins vocal style.

Ditto. In the early 90s, Lonn Friend of RIP magazine fame used to pimp the hell out of that band in his mag and also during his "Friend At Large" segments on MTV's "Headbanger's Ball," but after giving them a couple of tries I failed to see what all the whoop-de-doo was about.

I have a couple of their albums on tape somewhere as i recall this band rocks hard and hits hard,the lead singer was so in your face.I heard they just recently did a couple of reunion warm up gigs and went down well.

Never bought into the hype surrounding this band, and found them to be somewhat naff.

Just could not get into Skins vocal style.

Ditto. In the early 90s, Lonn Friend of RIP magazine fame used to pimp the hell out of that band in his mag and also during his "Friend At Large" segments on MTV's "Headbanger's Ball," but after giving them a couple of tries I failed to see what all the whoop-de-doo was about.

Don't think much of them either, they're just okay. Do they even belong on the site, this section? I don't exactly recall them being an AOR/Hard Rock band. Not that it matters to me though, it's all welcome to a certain extend.