Def Leppard

chocularok

From melodicrock.com:

"DEF LEPPARD ANNOUNCES SPECIAL EDITIONS:

Def Leppard, Britain's greatest arena rock band, are set to release deluxe editions of the classic albums Pyromania and Adrenalize on June 8 (UK) / June 9 (world) / June 16 (North America). The band also headline Dublin's O2 Arena on Friday the 12th June and headline the UK's Download festival on Sunday 14th June 2009.

Having sold over 65-million albums worldwide since their debut release in 1980 and proved themselves one of rock music's hardest working and consistently powerful live bands (playing to over 50 million fans in the last 15 years alone), these timely Deluxe Editions are a must for any discerning music fan. Def Leppard remain one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10-million-plus selling albums in the U.S. (”Pyromania” being one of them). The others are The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Van Halen.

Both Deluxe Editions will feature deluxe Digipack gatefold packaging with expanded booklets containing rare and previously unseen photographs, comprehensive sleeve-notes telling the story behind each album and include images of rare single covers and memorabilia from the period. Liner notes come from Rolling Stone's David Fricke.

Pyromania, Def Leppard's third album originally released in 1983, was the album that took the band to the global stage. Produced by Robert “Mutt” Lange, the album sold over 10-million copies in the USA alone and spawned the huge singles “Photograph,” “Rock Of Ages” and “Foolin'.” The Deluxe Edition features a remastered version of the original album and a bonus disc of a previously unreleased 15-track show from The Forum in Los Angeles in 1983. Full track listing follows:

Disc One - Pyromania: 1. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop) 2. Photograph 3. Stagefright 4. Too Late For Love 5. Die Hard The Hunter 6. Foolin' 7. Rock Of Ages 8. Comin' Under Fire 9. Action! Not Words 10. Billy's Got A Gun.

Disc Two - Live LA Forum 1983: 1. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop) 2. Rock Brigade 3. High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night) 4. Another Hit And Run 5. Billy's Got A Gun 6. Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes) 7. Foolin' 8. Photograph 9. Rock Of Ages 10. Bringin' On The Heartbreak 11. Switch 625 12. Let It Go 13. Wasted 14. Stagefright 15. Travellin' Band.

Adrenalize, Def Leppard's fifth studio album from 1992, followed the enormous “Hysteria” (released in 1987) and cemented the band as the dominant Arena Rock band. The album was recorded following the tragic death of guitarist Steve Clark - with Phil Collen recording all guitar parts - and dedicated to his memory. The album featured huge singles such as “Let's Get Rocked” and “Make Love Like A Man” and debuted at No. 1 in both the UK and USA (and went on to sell over 7-million copies worldwide). The album was produced by Def Leppard and Mike Shipley with Robert “Mutt” Lange as executive producer. The Deluxe Edition features a remastered version of the original album with a bonus disc of rare, live, acoustic and demo versions.

Disc One: 1. Let's Get Rocked 2. Heaven Is 3. Make Love Like A Man 4. Tonight 5. White Lightning 6. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion) 7. Personal Property 8. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad 9. I Wanna Touch U 10. Tear It Down.

Disc Two: 1. Hysteria - In The Clubs In Your Face (Bonn 29/05/92) 2. Photograph - In The Clubs In Your Face 3. Pour Some Sugar On Me - In The Clubs In Your Face 4. Let's Get Rocked - In The Clubs In Your Face 5. You Can't Always Get What You Want - B-Side 6. Little Wing With Hothouse Flowers - B-Side 7. Tonight (Version 2-Demo Version) - B-Side 8. Now I'm Here (Live) - B-Side 9. Two Steps Behind (Acoustic) B-Side 10. Tonight (Acoustic) - B-Side 11. Too Late For Love (Live) - B-Side 12. Women (Live) - B-Side.

Def Leppard set the world alight with “PYROMANIA”. And then gave rock a massive shot in the arm with “Adrenalize”. Together, these are a masterclass in melodic hard rock. Now get both with bonus tracks in expanded formats. Two amazing albums. From one great band."

These sound kick ass...especially the 1983 Forum show. :headbanger:

That L.A. Forum '83 gig has been available in bootleg circles for years... I used to have a tape of it...good stuff. Not enuff to get me to re-buy PYROMANIA though.

Call me when they do a super-duper deluxe reissue of HIGH-N-DRY though.

I won't be buying these. I have the originals, and I don't work hard all week to earn my money just so that Joe Elliott can buy himself another Ferrarri.

I won't be buying these. I have the originals, and I don't work hard all week to earn my money just so that Joe Elliott can buy himself another Ferrarri.

:rofl2:

I've had a boot of the Forum gig for a long time (one of the better boots floating around, by the way), but it will nice to have a better sounding copy.

As far as a High N Dry deluxe edition, that would be kick ass. I just wonder if there's anything in the vaults from that era worth putting out. Wasn't there talk of Leppard putting out a box set similar to the Bon Jovi one a while back?

:rofl2:

I've had a boot of the Forum gig for a long time (one of the better boots floating around, by the way), but it will nice to have a better sounding copy.

As far as a High N Dry deluxe edition, that would be kick ass. I just wonder if there's anything in the vaults from that era worth putting out. Wasn't there talk of Leppard putting out a box set similar to the Bon Jovi one a while back?

Well they could at least reissue High N Dry with "Me and My Wine" on it and surely they have some live shows from that tour lying around.

Well I dunno if you guys got a different version to us, but High and dry here already has Me and my wine, on it!

For some odd reason in the U.S. the cassettes include Me & My Wine and a remix of Bringin' On The Heartbreak but the cd's don't. I've been meaning to pick up an import cd that has those two songs.

as far as I can remember the cassette with the extra songs / mixes was a limited time thing they did when Hysteria was so huge. that is what pushed me to buy the cassette when I did. I guess that maybe cd's were not that big at the time or maybe the did the same with cd's but they were not that big do not many are floating around????? doesn't the remix version have Phil on it?