Anthrax v. Megadeth v. Metallica

Anthrax v. Megadeth v. Metallica  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Metallica sweeps this straight thru 1988. Then it's all Megadeth all the time straight up to the present day (yes, even including RISK), where tallica's DEATH MAGNETIC beats out deth's UNITED ABOMINATIONS by a hair.

Metallica sweeps this straight thru 1988. Then it's all Megadeth all the time straight up to the present day (yes, even including RISK), where tallica's DEATH MAGNETIC beats out deth's UNITED ABOMINATIONS by a hair.

Backed...

My picks went like so...

Metallica on the first three; Kill 'em all, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets are classics! :banger:

Anthrax - Among the Living My fave of the Belladonna era, and just a monster release!

Anthrax - State of Euphoria I never really got into And Justice... all that much, and this is another killer effort with Belladonna at the helm

Metallica - S/T (The Black Album) The release that alot of Metallica purists hate, but I've always loved it.

Anthrax - Sound of White noise John Bush takes the helm on this one

Metallica - Load

Metallica - Re-load Again, alot of Metallica fans hate Load & Re-load, but I have no problem with them

Anthrax - Volume 8: The Threat is Real

Metallica - S&M

Anthrax - We've Come For You All Probably my fave Anthrax release; loved this one! :banger:

Metallica - Death Magnetic

I've enjoyed alot of Megadeth's songs over the years, but seldom found myself really enjoying an entire release from them. Peace Sells is easily my fave from them, and woulda had a shot had it not been going head to head with Master of Puppets.

Mike

While I enjoyed Garage Days, surely you don't prefer that over the AML? That album is a classic. And I'll take anything 'Deth have done since 1990 over anything Metallica did in that same period, up to & including United Abominations.

1. Kill Em All

2. Ride the Lightning

3. Peace Sells gets my vote today but Master is incredible.

4. Among the Living

5. And Justice for All gets my vote but State of Euphoria is awesome too.

6. Rust in Peace hands down but all 3 choices are great.

7. Countdown to Extinction but just barely over Sound of White Noise, both are big faves of mine.

8. Stomp 442 get my vote but Youthanasia is great too.

9. Crytic Writings wins this one and IMO is hugely underrated. Dave wrote some great tunes but it also had some old school thrashing going on on tracks such "Disintegrators", "FFF", "Vortex" and "She Wolf".

10. Volume 8:The Threat is Real over Garage Inc. but that one rules too.

11. Risk over S&M(I didn't really expect to vote for Risk on any poll except for "worst" Megadeth album).

12. We've Come for You All. Just a great great Metal album but the two Megadeth choices, "World Needs a Hero" and "System has Failed" are both very good too.

13. United Abominations just barely over Death Magnetic but it's very close and the production way better on UA.

Kill em all (although if it has been put up against Megadeths debut, it would have lost to that!)

Ride the lightning (its my fave Metallica album against my least fave Megadeth album, even tho I think its better than Metallicas debut!)

Peace sells (it was my first ever Megadeth album, and never quite got into Puppets after the monster that was RTL!)

So far, So good, So what (bigger Deth fan than the other two bands, even though none of these three are particular faves!)

State of euphoria (my first, and easily favourite, Anthrax album. AJFA, I found to be somewhat dull, apart from the amazing One!)

Metallica (dont care if the purists hate this one, this one comes close to being an equal fave with RTL as I love commercial rock)

Countdown to extinction (probably my fave Deth album. once again, like the S/T Metallica, I love the commercial sound of this album)

Youthanasia (a great follow up to CTE)

Cryptic writings (overall far more decent songs on this one than Re-Load)

Garage Inc (not overly huge fan of Bush era Anthrax, even though they did some cool stuff with him, and Garage inc has some great covers on it)

Risk (I actually like this one, but cant be bothered with live albums)

System has failed (was a toss up between the two Deth albums. could have gone either way)

United abominations (just a better album than Death magnetic, even tho I liked that one as well)

1. Kill Em All

2. Ride the Lightning

3. Peace Sells gets my vote today but Master is incredible.

4. Among the Living

5. And Justice for All gets my vote but State of Euphoria is awesome too.

6. Rust in Peace hands down but all 3 choices are great.

7. Countdown to Extinction but just barely over Sound of White Noise, both are big faves of mine.

8. Stomp 442 get my vote but Youthanasia is great too.

9. Crytic Writings wins this one and IMO is hugely underrated. Dave wrote some great tunes but it also had some old school thrashing going on on tracks such "Disintegrators", "FFF", "Vortex" and "She Wolf".

10. Volume 8:The Threat is Real over Garage Inc. but that one rules too.

11. Risk over S&M(I didn't really expect to vote for Risk on any poll except for "worst" Megadeth album).

12. We've Come for You All. Just a great great Metal album but the two Megadeth choices, "World Needs a Hero" and "System has Failed" are both very good too.

13. United Abominations just barely over Death Magnetic but it's very close and the production way better on UA.

1-7 the same

8. Youthanasia

9. Crytic Writings but the true answer is NONE

10.Volume 8:The Threat is Real

11. s&m but the true answer is NONE

12. We've Come for You All

13. Death magnetism but the true answer is NONE

Dude, this poll is all over the place. I think I'm gonna hold out for the Pantera vs. Slayer vs. Armored Saint vs. Merciful Fate vs. The Wiggles poll.

Backed...

Backed again. "Sound of White Noise" versus "Countdown To Extinction" was a coin-toss for me, both killer....

1. Fistfull of Metal

Kill em all is a great album, and from the point of view of the songwriting it's better than Fistfull of Metal, which finally got my vote for a fiew reasons:i prefer the more traditional metal feel of the Anthrax album;Neil Turbin is the embodiment of everything that is loud n proud in heavy metal,and his over the top vocals kick James Hetfield's punk's ass;Metallica is the most overrated metal band EVER, therefore when i can vote against it, i do it with pleasure.

2. Killing is my Business

Ride the Lightning is also a great album and a classic, and by their 2nd album ,Metallica already sounds very clean and tight and professional;a little too professional for my taste, as i prefer thrash metal to sound savage, dirty and uncontrolled, just the way Killing is my bussiness sounds; if i had to chose just one song in all thrash metal genre, to represent what thrash metal stands for, it would be Rattlehead;this song has it all(and more).

3.Spreading the Disease

This is my favorite Anthrax album, it's an underrated thrash metal classic. actually it's more a tie with Peace Sells which is totally out ot this world(just listen to Good Mourning/Black Friday).Master of Puppets is the most overrated album in all thrash metal,and it's non thrash metal fans' favorite thrash metal album;it will never get my vote.

4.So Far So Good So What

This is the last megadeth album that sounds dirty and untamed, their last godly album, imo. Among the Living is also a great album.

5...and Justice for all

State of Euphoria is Anthrax's least good album from the 80s imo, it's quite boring and uninspired, except for the song Antisocial, which is a Trust cover. On the other hand, and Justice for all is a great album, so it gets my vote.

6.Persistence of the Time

My second favorite Anthrax album, and their last good one. Rust in Peace is great, but less great than the 3 first Megadeth albums. The Black album is a good mainstream metal album;it sounds incredibly good 18 years after.

7.Countdown to Extinction

Anthrax with John Bush is clearly not my cup of tea; Sound of White noise is ok but not great; Countdown to Exctinction(while beeing the least good out of the first 5 Megadeth albums) is better.

8.Youthanasia

Youthanasia is a good album, actually i like it better than Countdown. Load, on the other hand, is also quite good, and i don't mind Metallica playing bluesy hard rock. Stomp 442 is utter shit.

9. Criptic Writings

Criptic Writings is a good album, very catchy. Reload is also ok.

10.Garage Days

There is some good stuff on Garage days(especially the Mercyful Fate medley);haven't heard Volume 8 in its entirety, the few songs i've heard sounded like a fuckin disgrace.

11.Risk

Far from being my favorite Megadeth album, Risk is still an okay pop metal album, with a few good songs; i have no opinion on S&M.

12.The System has failed

It's an average album, also with some good songs, and some really shitty ones; on the other hand, the World Needs a Hero is hands down the worst megadeth album, where inspiration went on vacation far away. We've come for you all has catchy songs, but it's just modern crap in my book.

I won't discuss StAnger here.

13.Death magnetic

Surprisingly, a very good album, where everything sounds right; United Abominations is quite good, better than System has Failed.

As you can see, all these are only opinions of a narrow minded old school heavy metal maniac, who can't stand modern metal. My apologies to all those who have different opinions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...