New Device

Glen

So I actually got a free copy of this, and I honestly absolutely hate it. Generic cliched garbage. Better than Burn Halo, but so is every single other album released this year so far. Terrible. Anyone who wants it let me know.

snap it up guys...great album, with some decent GnR influences (not that crap off CD).

Tim.....shame on you.

'Generic' is a very easy word to use........like people who labelled 'Outloud' as generic. Well if generic means it kicks your arse to kingdom come, then im obviously a fan of generic rock :tumbsup:

Yep generic is a very easy word to use. It means copying a standard formula that's been used a zillion times before (and much better). This is not really modern rock at all, it's just boring and cliched 80's-sounding hard rock, and sounding like GnR is not a good thing IMO.

Stuff like Nural and Skillet pisses all over this.

Trust be told, i wasnt that taken with it when i first heard it, but its been the disc which has grown on me the most, and has resided in my car stereo permanently since purchase.

So I actually got a free copy of this, and I honestly absolutely hate it. Generic cliched garbage. Better than Burn Halo, but so is every single other album released this year so far. Terrible. Anyone who wants it let me know.

snap it up guys...great album, with some decent GnR influences (not that crap off CD).

Tim.....shame on you.

'Generic' is a very easy word to use........like people who labelled 'Outloud' as generic. Well if generic means it kicks your arse to kingdom come, then im obviously a fan of generic rock :tumbsup:

Yep generic is a very easy word to use. It means copying a standard formula that's been used a zillion times before (and much better). This is not really modern rock at all, it's just boring and cliched 80's-sounding hard rock, and sounding like GnR is not a good thing IMO.

Trust be told, i wasnt that taken with it when i first heard it, but its been the disc which has grown on me the most, and has resided in my car stereo permanently since purchase.

My copy will shortly reside in Australia....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tim.....shame on you.

Thanks mate!!! CD arrived yesterday and I spun it this morning. First opinion is that I'm quite impressed. It's not overly dynamic or mind-blowing, but very consistent and pleasing. I think 'Seven days seven bodies' or something was my early fave. But there's some good hard rock, some great ballads - yeah, I liked it. More spins to follow.

Tim.....shame on you.

Thanks mate!!! CD arrived yesterday and I spun it this morning. First opinion is that I'm quite impressed. It's not overly dynamic or mind-blowing, but very consistent and pleasing. I think 'Seven days seven bodies' or something was my early fave. But there's some good hard rock, some great ballads - yeah, I liked it. More spins to follow.

gets better with each spin. Tim's way out on this one IMO.

This is not really modern rock at all, it's just 80's-sounding hard rock

Well, both you guys are spot on, even if you still suck, Glen, you Wolfmother-adoring-freak. Here's the scene:

I was cruising down the highway last night at approx 120-130km/h and because of this type of driving I pile a bunch of CDs in the center console of my car for the whole trip and just blindly change them when one's over, keeping my eyes on the road. So it's pitch black last night and I finish Far Cry, eject it and fumble for the next CD in the pile, put it on and am instantly blown away. Purposely not looking at the cover so I can figure out who it is myself, I proceed to listen to the first 5 songs, being totally blown away thinking "who the f*ck are these guys?" To me it sounded like pure 80's glam/commercial hard rock and the vocals kept reminding me of Pretty Boy Floyd's Steve Summers. Anyway, it clicks around song 8 (the one about 'Seven bodies') who it is and I'm blown away.

Dudes, this CD kicks ass. I don't know why it's in your modern list, Glen you Wolfmother-adoring-freak, but like Tim says this is pure 80's hard rock. I can see why Tim dislikes it as he dislikes all that amazing stuff, but for a fan of 80's glam/hard rock, this is perfect. I have never been as taken aback by a second spin as I was by this. Completely changed my opinion of it. LOVE IT!!!

Well, both you guys are spot on, even if you still suck, Glen, you Wolfmother-adoring-freak. Here's the scene:

I was cruising down the highway last night at approx 120-130km/h and because of this type of driving I pile a bunch of CDs in the center console of my car for the whole trip and just blindly change them when one's over, keeping my eyes on the road. So it's pitch black last night and I finish Far Cry, eject it and fumble for the next CD in the pile, put it on and am instantly blown away. Purposely not looking at the cover so I can figure out who it is myself, I proceed to listen to the first 5 songs, being totally blown away thinking "who the f*ck are these guys?" To me it sounded like pure 80's glam/commercial hard rock and the vocals kept reminding me of Pretty Boy Floyd's Steve Summers. Anyway, it clicks around song 8 (the one about 'Seven bodies') who it is and I'm blown away.

Dudes, this CD kicks ass. I don't know why it's in your modern list, Glen you Wolfmother-adoring-freak, but like Tim says this is pure 80's hard rock. I can see why Tim dislikes it as he dislikes all that amazing stuff, but for a fan of 80's glam/hard rock, this is perfect. I have never been as taken aback by a second spin as I was by this. Completely changed my opinion of it. LOVE IT!!!

At last, someone who appreciates kick arse rock music. This has been stuck in my car since i bought the damned thing. I let it drop a few spots in my top 10 a few weeks back, but listened twice over the weekend and Im back to thinking this should be in the top 5 again.

PS you can drop the Wolfmother references now as I was winding you up, you tit. Thought you would have had me figured out by now ;-))

At last, someone who appreciates kick arse rock music. This has been stuck in my car since i bought the damned thing. I let it drop a few spots in my top 10 a few weeks back, but listened twice over the weekend and Im back to thinking this should be in the top 5 again.

PS you can drop the Wolfmother references now as I was winding you up, you tit. Thought you would have had me figured out by now ;-))

I will haunt you with it forever... then we'll see who wound who up. ;):lol:

Yeah, great disc. Love this style of music - there's not enough of it these days. This should more than likely feature well in my top 10 this year.

• 7 years later...

The debut is still their best stuff. I didn't realise they already had a new EP out this year too. Sounds like it's mostly acoustic, but I'll still check it out. Good band.