Nural

Glen

So of all the new Modern Rock discs this is the best. I actually did download the thing & I do agree with Glen that it's a more consistent disc than the Fallbrooke (though I love that too). This is a killer album throughout, awesome stuff, better than AMERICAN RADIO too IMO....

So of all the new Modern Rock discs this is the best. I actually did download the thing & I do agree with Glen that it's a more consistent disc than the Fallbrooke (though I love that too). This is a killer album throughout, awesome stuff, better than AMERICAN RADIO too IMO....

Backed.

This is still No 1 for me in the modern stakes. I absolutely adore all the tracks, but have to admit that track 10 has a disappointing lack of hook. Still an interesting song in its own right.

This album has it all tho.....great tracks, brilliant harmonies and killer lead singer. The production is second to none. Love it.

Either of you got their last album: "The Weight of the World"? Saw it on Amazon very small change...

Either of you got their last album: "The Weight of the World"? Saw it on Amazon very small change...

Yeah, the album is solid and probably a little more hard hitting than Entitlement.

However, the songwriting was taken to another level for the newie.

If you look towards the beginning of this thread there was some discussion around this.

Cheers

Yeah, I got it too. It is a pretty good disc - starts out really cool. As Glen says, harder hitting. Sometimes almost on the verge of a lighter modern metal band. Not quite, but almost. I also noticed in the notes they are another (surprise surprise) christian band, which I did not detect at all on 'Entitlement'.

Worth picking up for pocket change, though the styles are very different and it could almost be two different bands on each CD.

Tim - i havent checked but they used to have 'Tension' on their myspace - that song will give you a good feel for the debut...but that is one of the better tracks.

Cheers

So I actually downloaded this thing (once I'd worked out how to do it :lol: ) and I probably agree with Glen more than the others on this. Is a shame this disc ends with the two weakest tracks, as otherwise it's utterly flawless. There's a lot of variety, but even the poppier tunes (like "Me or the Music" - very much like THE CLICK FIVE) appeal to me. Fave songs are:

1. Surefire (absolutely stunning chorus on this one)

2. I've Been Here Before (almost AOR chorus)

3. Physics (another big melody)

Ultra-catchy stuff, and probably my fave Modern Rock disc of the year so far - though I'm struggling to keep up there are so many good ones (and I LOVE American Radio more than you guys do)....

and not really sure what you guys hear in this one.

errr how about excellent songs, great harmonies - that will do for a start.

Oh and the best ballad of the year in 'Say What You Will'

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I got it too. It is a pretty good disc - starts out really cool. As Glen says, harder hitting. Sometimes almost on the verge of a lighter modern metal band. Not quite, but almost. I also noticed in the notes they are another (surprise surprise) christian band, which I did not detect at all on 'Entitlement'.

Worth picking up for pocket change, though the styles are very different and it could almost be two different bands on each CD.

Still warming to 'Entitlement' guys. Definitely a good CD, but I still think, personally, there are a few better discs this year. But it is very nice.

On another note, actually enjoying the debut quite a bit too. After a few spins when it sinks in, 'Weight of the world' really quite a good slab of modern rock. Nowhere near as good as 'Entitlement', but a really good disc.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to check out what all the hubbub was about these guys. And, at the end of the day, it does have some good tracks on it. The only two tracks that I ended up downloading though were "Physics" and "Say What You Will". Those two songs were instant classics. I wasn't hearing some of the other comparisons made though. I was getting a Faber Drive meets Hedley meets Simple Plan type of a vibe.

I had to check out what all the hubbub was about these guys. And, at the end of the day, it does have some good tracks on it. The only two tracks that I ended up downloading though were "Physics" and "Say What You Will". Those two songs were instant classics. I wasn't hearing some of the other comparisons made though. I was getting a Faber Drive meets Hedley meets Simple Plan type of a vibe.

Yeah those 2 are excellent mate, although surprised you didnt go for some of the others to be honest.

I would have thought that 'Hits Keep Coming', 'Up Against' and 'Surefire' would have been more your thing?

Yeah those 2 are excellent mate, although surprised you didnt go for some of the others to be honest.

I would have thought that 'Hits Keep Coming', 'Up Against' and 'Surefire' would have been more your thing?

Actually I did come darn close to downloading 'Surefire'. 'The Hits Keep Coming' was good but not awesome imo. Now that I know about these guys, I'll definitely be checking out what they do next time around.

• 14 years later...

Wow, that's not a name I thought I'd ever hear new material from again. Nice tune. Hope there's more to come. By the sounds of this interview, apparently it'll be singles until enough tracks for an EP or album. Hope it happens.

https://highwiredaze.com/2023/08/19/nuralint1/

• Like 1