Nural

Glen

Well guys this was a surprise..........I had pretty much written these guys off as an average modern rock band, but piss me if this doesnt blow every other modern release so far this year. This is pretty essential stuff, and if any one doesnt immediately fall in love with this album i'd be gobsmacked.

Its so good in fact I'll do a little mini song by song review.

1. The Hits Keep Coming - Killer opening track - as soon as that riff hits..like a cross of Papa Roach and A Change Of Pace. Straight into a glorious chorus. Powerful stuff.

2. Stop Me When Youve Had Enough - No let up here...straight into a bouncy verse. Then a real melodic chorus...modern melodic heaven...love the bit at 2.30 with the piano then wham back into that chorus!

3. Physics - Sensational track. Starts with a Muse sounding intro. That's where the Muse comparison ends. Intelligent lyrics and an off the chart chorus. Seriously harmony heaven...about as good as it gets for modern rock. :bowdown:

4. Up Against - Another Change Of Pace sounding track...acoustic verse into another winning chorus. Mid paced song with a killer ending - the last minute is magic, the way those lyrics repeat over...very clever songwriting

5. Say What You Will - Ballad. No strike that...........best ballad of the year. In a word awesome. (Geoff you will cream your pants over this one...heartfelt and excellent)

6. Surefire - Sounds like the melody will be slightly lost....but no, another powerful track with a killer chorus....6 down and 6 great tracks.

7. Ive Been Here Before - There's that Change Of Pace sound again. Mid tempo song....good stuff. Once again the last minute is brill.

8. Me Or The Music - Sensational stuff again. Light bouncy verse with a piano backing....and into yet another great great chorus....seriously not a weak moment on this album. great solo as well (almost AORish with that stop start guitar). :bowdown:

9. Youve Got Some Nerve - Angst ridden guitar intro....fast paced rocker, with a total attitude chorus...again reminds me of Papa Roach. Love it.

10. Sweet Oblivion - Probably the weakest track on offer, but still good. A big atmospheric intro, but the hook isnt as immediate in this song - a grower tho.

So there you have it.

For me this is head and shoulders above any other modern release so far this year.

On their Myspace page they state 'Year Of The Nural'.......I'd be inclined to agree with that comment!

http://www.myspace.com/nural

Enjoy.....I'll be glad to hear your opinions on this great album.

PS - sorry guys download only :lol: No hard copy of this either.

Cheers

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

Seriously, why haven't you given it to me yet? This sounds delicious!

I had never heard of these guys until a few days ago when I bought Nural ~ 'Weight of the World' from the secondspin sales. So you're saying to not be too excited about that one, Glen?

Oh well, I'll try to get this one this afternoon and blow my balls off with it. Thanks for the tip.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

I had never heard of these guys until a few days ago when I bought Nural ~ 'Weight of the World' from the secondspin sales. So you're saying to not be too excited about that one, Glen?

Oh well, I'll try to get this one this afternoon and blow my balls off with it. Thanks for the tip.

No its a good album - you'll love it. Hard hitting straight up modern rock. Good vocalist.........just seemed to miss that killer punch/ harmony/melody for me.

If you take a look on their Myspace page and listen to 'Tension' you will agree that is a good song and a fine example of the sound of the first album. However then listen to 'The Hits Keep Coming' and listen to it blow it away in the first 10 seconds......you know the sound I mean.

Cheers

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

No its a good album - you'll love it. Hard hitting straight up modern rock. Good vocalist.........just seemed to miss that killer punch/ harmony/melody for me.

If you take a look on their Myspace page and listen to 'Tension' you will agree that is a good song and a fine example of the sound of the first album. However then listen to 'The Hits Keep Coming' and listen to it blow it away in the first 10 seconds......you know the sound I mean.

Cheers

Cool, I can't wait. I have it ready to go this afternoon - the new one. If my wife is back late this evening it will tear the walls down at my place... and hopefully the hard copy of their debut will be here on Tuesday. :) Can't wait.

Hey mate, sounding pretty good so far. I got six packages in the mail today, about 25 CDs... but I'm just spinning this one again to make clear my thoughts on it. I really don't like 'Me or the music' at all - I HATE that type of song, but aside from that the rest sounds very good. You're right about that ballad, 'Say what you will' - stunning. LOVE that one.

'Surefire', 'Up against' and 'The hits keep coming' were other faves. Great disc.

Well guys, I've played thice twice now. I can hear 6 songs that'd I'd be happy to keep playing and 4 that don't interest me much at all. Ageed that 'Say What You Will' is a killer modern rock ballad and by miles the highlight of the album for me. My next fav is 'Surefire'. 'I've Been Here Before' was actually one of tracks that stood out the most on my first listen. I'd have to disagree with you Lennie, in that I really don't enjoy 'Physics' much at all. I didn't mind 'Me Or The Music' reminded me of something The Click Five would do.

Here's my order (best to worst):

5. Say What You Will

6. Surefire

7. Ive Been Here Before

4. Up Against

2. Stop Me When Youve Had Enough

8. Me Or The Music

1. The Hits Keep Coming

3. Physics

9. Youve Got Some Nerve

10. Sweet Oblivion

Well guys, I've played thice twice now. I can hear 6 songs that'd I'd be happy to keep playing and 4 that don't interest me much at all. Ageed that 'Say What You Will' is a killer modern rock ballad and by miles the highlight of the album for me. My next fav is 'Surefire'. 'I've Been Here Before' was actually one of tracks that stood out the most on my first listen. I'd have to disagree with you Lennie, in that I really don't enjoy 'Physics' much at all. I didn't mind 'Me Or The Music' reminded me of something The Click Five would do.

Here's my order (best to worst):

5. Say What You Will

6. Surefire

7. Ive Been Here Before

4. Up Against

2. Stop Me When Youve Had Enough

8. Me Or The Music

1. The Hits Keep Coming

3. Physics

9. Youve Got Some Nerve

10. Sweet Oblivion

Yeah, I love 'Physics'...superb vocal harmonies in that chorus.....that's what does it for me.

But really with repeated spins the whole album is excellent. Love it.

Hey mate, sounding pretty good so far. I got six packages in the mail today, about 25 CDs... but I'm just spinning this one again to make clear my thoughts on it. I really don't like 'Me or the music' at all - I HATE that type of song, but aside from that the rest sounds very good. You're right about that ballad, 'Say what you will' - stunning. LOVE that one.

'Surefire', 'Up against' and 'The hits keep coming' were other faves. Great disc.

Ha, I knew you wouldnt like that song.

Great disc tho all said and done, and one that will feature very highly for me come year end in the modern stakes.

Great disc tho all said and done, and one that will feature very highly for me come year end in the modern stakes.

Avatar... drool... penis... hard... yum... ass... drool.gif

Sorry mate, you said something?

Seriously, though, nice disc. ;)

Avatar... drool... penis... hard... yum... ass... drool.gif

Sorry mate, you said something?

Seriously, though, nice disc. ;)

I knew youd like that one......sweet. :beerbang: Good disc too :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

So I absolutely f'ing love this thing - awesome stuff. Definitely the best Modern thing this year (though I do love the ever-growing SILVERSTEIN). However instead of me enjoying this all year and then putting it very high in my Top 10 at the end of the year, I'm forced to yet again resort to violence to the band members in order that they realise that not everyone is happy to pay £10 to receive absolutely nothing in the post. It says on their website "the new album is out now!". No it fucking isn't. Fucking downloads. What's the world coming to.

P.s. "Surefire" is unbelievably awesome - what a chorus...

So I absolutely f'ing love this thing - awesome stuff. Definitely the best Modern thing this year (though I do love the ever-growing SILVERSTEIN). However instead of me enjoying this all year and then putting it very high in my Top 10 at the end of the year, I'm forced to yet again resort to violence to the band members in order that they realise that not everyone is happy to pay £10 to receive absolutely nothing in the post. It says on their website "the new album is out now!". No it fucking isn't. Fucking downloads. What's the world coming to.

Wow mate, glad you like this one so much. I keep thinking Papa is better when im playing it, but when i put this baby back on those vocals are just so killer.

Great album for sure. & yeah it needs a proper disc release.

Wow mate, glad you like this one so much. I keep thinking Papa is better when im playing it, but when i put this baby back on those vocals are just so killer.

Great album for sure. & yeah it needs a proper disc release.

Definitely like this more than Papa Roach (something I like, but am not exactly excited by). This is more melodic IMO....

I'm gonna start falling back on finding new things if bands don't release actual cd's, I never download anything. I'm with Tim, I'd rather have the real thing.

BTW, they sound freakin' great!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay mate, here I go:

1. The Hits Keep Coming - Great hard rock opener. An excellent start.

2. Stop Me When Youve Had Enough - Sorry Glen, but if you ask me this is pure filler. Easily the 2nd worst song on the CD. Not into this at all.

3. Physics - This highlights one of my only issues with this album. It is a perfect example of the difference between a big chorus and a big hook. Yes, it's a big chorus with wonderful harmony vocals, but where's the actual hook? I find myself thinking about skipping this one towards the end. :(

4. Up Against - Now this is what I want to hear. Perfect execution with a good killer and catchy chorus. This and 'Say what you will' are easily the album highlights.

5. Say What You Will - There are actually 3 highlights in a row and this is the second. An absolutely sensational ballad, whilst also showcasing the band's ability to write that killer hook some tracks miss. This is the album's best song.

6. Surefire - This is another awesome track, a complete Anberlin-styled rocker. Big thumbs up and the end of an awesome trio.

7. Ive Been Here Before - Okay, scratch that. Four gems in a row. Love this song too. Chorus is a little laid back, but this is a really excellent song. Very appealing.

8. Me Or The Music - Now this is just awful. By far the worst of the CD. This sounds like the kind of shit Green Day or Living End would do. I despise this one.

9. Youve Got Some Nerve - Another killer hard rocker. This and 'Hits keep coming' hit the pocket for delicious hard rockers.

10. Sweet Oblivion - Just like 'Physics', where is the hook? Musically and lyrically a very strong track, but the the chorus is very poor, boring and devoid of a decent hook. Disappointing end to the disc.

So there you have it. Six gems and four fillers. I do like the highlights of this disc, but to be honest Glen, the fillers will probably keep this around that 8 mark on my top 10 modern list. We'll see. The 6 best are strong tracks.

Okay mate, here I go:

1. The Hits Keep Coming - Great hard rock opener. An excellent start.

2. Stop Me When Youve Had Enough - Sorry Glen, but if you ask me this is pure filler. Easily the 2nd worst song on the CD. Not into this at all.

3. Physics - This highlights one of my only issues with this album. It is a perfect example of the difference between a big chorus and a big hook. Yes, it's a big chorus with wonderful harmony vocals, but where's the actual hook? I find myself thinking about skipping this one towards the end. :(

4. Up Against - Now this is what I want to hear. Perfect execution with a good killer and catchy chorus. This and 'Say what you will' are easily the album highlights.

5. Say What You Will - There are actually 3 highlights in a row and this is the second. An absolutely sensational ballad, whilst also showcasing the band's ability to write that killer hook some tracks miss. This is the album's best song.

6. Surefire - This is another awesome track, a complete Anberlin-styled rocker. Big thumbs up and the end of an awesome trio.

7. Ive Been Here Before - Okay, scratch that. Four gems in a row. Love this song too. Chorus is a little laid back, but this is a really excellent song. Very appealing.

8. Me Or The Music - Now this is just awful. By far the worst of the CD. This sounds like the kind of shit Green Day or Living End would do. I despise this one.

9. Youve Got Some Nerve - Another killer hard rocker. This and 'Hits keep coming' hit the pocket for delicious hard rockers.

10. Sweet Oblivion - Just like 'Physics', where is the hook? Musically and lyrically a very strong track, but the the chorus is very poor, boring and devoid of a decent hook. Disappointing end to the disc.

So there you have it. Six gems and four fillers. I do like the highlights of this disc, but to be honest Glen, the fillers will probably keep this around that 8 mark on my top 10 modern list. We'll see. The 6 best are strong tracks.

Yeah fair enough mate. Each to their own.....I would have thought though that 6 killers (and let's face it most of those songs you describe as 'gems' are better than virtually anything on any other album...modern stakes) would lift it a little higher.

I personally love tracks 2 & 8 cos they give some variation in sound and both (for me at least) have really good choruses.

Anyway, the bottom line is that this kills Fallbrooke which if I did a similar exercise would result in about 4 gems, 5 fillers and a repeat track (!). Go figure.

PS Papa and AR kill Fallbrooke too :-))

Yeah fair enough mate. Each to their own.....I would have thought though that 6 killers (and let's face it most of those songs you describe as 'gems' are better than virtually anything on any other album...modern stakes) would lift it a little higher.

The thing is, that I don't know of any songs I dislike on the likes of Fallbrooke, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Silverstein etc. Two of these Nural songs are better than a lot of stuff on other discs, but the other 4 are about on par with the majority of those 4 albums. And the other 4 songs on Nural are no good.

The thing is, that I don't know of any songs I dislike on the likes of Fallbrooke, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Silverstein etc. Two of these Nural songs are better than a lot of stuff on other discs, but the other 4 are about on par with the majority of those 4 albums. And the other 4 songs on Nural are no good.

Im gonna try to hear the Halestorm and the Silverstein, if they are as good as you say then they might be worth picking up. Cheers

Im gonna try to hear the Halestorm and the Silverstein, if they are as good as you say then they might be worth picking up. Cheers

Do you have Silverstein's last 2 albums? I'm really not sure how you'll like those guys.

Do you have Silverstein's last 2 albums? I'm really not sure how you'll like those guys.

No, and I know that there's some screaming vocals, but Im ready to be surprised. We'll see.

No, and I know that there's some screaming vocals, but Im ready to be surprised. We'll see.

Expect you'd probably like "Arrivals and Departures" (not much screaming in that one) - but their albums need a few spins to really get into. "A&D" is really no more aggressive, or different, from the last STORY OF THE YEAR disc....

Yeah, 'Arrivals and Departures' is probably their best disc. Another band you must check out, Glen, is A Day To Remember. I know Tim is quite fond of them and I too have warmed to them. Their new disc, 'Homesick' is really excellent. Arguably better than Silverstein's newie. Awesome choruses all over this disc.

What's happened to this Nural disc? Still can't get it anywhere - assume it's not actually coming out?

If anyone from the band comes here & reads this then...

PLEASE WILL YOU JUST PICK UP THE PHONE TO A DISTRIBUTOR AND SIGN A DEAL SO PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR YOUR MUSIC YOU BUNCH OF GIRLS FANNIES. WHAT'S THE POINT IN MAKING GOOD MUSIC AND TELLING ALL YOUR FRIENDS YOURE IN THIS GREAT BAND WHEN YOU DONT SELL ANY CD'S AT ALL? ZERO CD SALES IS NOT IMPRESSIVE. IT WILL NOT GET YOU LAID. IT WILL GET YOU LAUGHED AT, YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.