Europe

dethuniverse

Saturday, 21 February 2009

FINAL DAYS OF RECORDING

Hello again

We have arrived at the end of this recording........Mr Lindell will now start mixing this fine collection of songs. It's a strange feeling not going back to the studio in Gothenburg more on this record.

We are extremely proud of this cd. It's got emotion....it kicks ass......it's thought provoking.....it's sexy........it might just turn your world upside down.

We're aiming for a May release. There will be touring this summer and autumn. But we wont be surprised if there will be major touring in 2010.

Cause this might just be one of those albums that's got wings............ to travel to infinity and beyond.

Thanks again for showing interest in this blog and our new Cd.

We're keeping the blog open. However there may not be many more posts at this particular stage.

/ Europe

http://europethebandblog.blogspot.com/2009...-recording.html

Nice line: "Cause this might just be one of those albums that's got wings............ to travel to infinity and beyond". Shame their last two albums didn't have wings too, so they could've flown the fuck somewhere far away from my ears....

This once-great band, suck.

Nice line: "Cause this might just be one of those albums that's got wings............ to travel to infinity and beyond". Shame their last two albums didn't have wings too, so they could've flown the fuck somewhere far away from my ears....

You tell them TIM my boy. Europe - you SUCK!!!

Don't hate the part of the world you are living in Jez! :whistle:

Don't hate the part of the world you are living in Jez! :whistle:

Perhaps they should rename the band to match what's happened to their album sales. Changing it from 'Europe' to 'A tiny bed-sit in Stockholm'....

I disagree stongly...Even though I didn't like their last studio outing as much as the others Stark from the Dark is my favorite Europe release to date & I still spin it often. I will take that anyday over the poofy fluff that was drowned out by keyboards. I haven't spun the Final Countdown in years...vomit.

We are extremely proud of this cd. It's got emotion....it kicks ass......it's thought provoking.....it's sexy........it might just turn your world upside down.

:lol: I like it. But seriously, if Norum plays like he has on the last two albums this is going to be more bollocks.

:lol: I like it. But seriously, if Norum plays like he has on the last two albums this is going to be more bollocks.

and norum is such a good axeman too !

That's the pain of it all. He's amazing, but these days he sounds like he's auditioning for Alice In Chains.

That's the pain of it all. He's amazing, but these days he sounds like he's auditioning for Alice In Chains.

His sound on SFTD was the reason I bought the cd..I love the low tone for a change.

......Even though I didn't like their last studio outing as much as the others, Start From the Dark is my favorite Europe release to date & I still spin it often. I will take that anyday over the poofy fluff that was drowned out by keyboards.

I'll back you up on that, my good man. "Secret Society" was kind of weak, but "Start From the Dark" was pretty good, IMO, and ranks right behind "Prisoners in Paradise" as my favorite Europe CD. All their other stuff is waaaaaay too fluffy for my taste.

......Even though I didn't like their last studio outing as much as the others, Start From the Dark is my favorite Europe release to date & I still spin it often. I will take that anyday over the poofy fluff that was drowned out by keyboards.

I'll back you up on that, my good man. "Secret Society" was kind of weak, but "Start From the Dark" was pretty good, IMO, and ranks right behind "Prisoners in Paradise" as my favorite Europe CD. All their other stuff is waaaaaay too fluffy for my taste.

:beerbang:

I would be happy if they get back to the sound of The final countdown (my favorite), the problem is that Norum doesn't likey the keyboards.

So I believe that this will never happen with John in the band.

Secret society was better than start from the dark, IMO.

Anyway long live to EURope, It's always nice to see them live.