Place Vendome - Streets Of Fire

zacharyamelie

Andrew at Melodicrock.com has samples up of every song from the forthcoming Place Vendome release Streets Of Fire. 2009 is starting off with a BANG!!! Huge AOR sound, more than the last release. Sounds wonderful, still very melodic, yet not as heavy. I can't wait to get that one.

Andrew at Melodicrock.com has samples up of every song from the forthcoming Place Vendome release Streets Of Fire. 2009 is starting off with a BANG!!! Huge AOR sound, more than the last release. Sounds wonderful, still very melodic, yet not as heavy. I can't wait to get that one.

Yeah, just saw that - I cant wait to hear those samples!

The debut was great.

Now that sounds VERY promising !! Definitely something to look forward to ! :headbanger:

''Valerie (The Truth Is In Your Eyes)'' was written and recorded by the WORK OF ART for their debut album, but they decided not to use it eventually. But they agreed to pass it forward to Michael Kiske.

Even though I'd rather Kiske go back to the Helloween style Metal that made him famous, I do have to admit that the debut Place Vendome was pretty damn good AOR, and this is coming from a guy that don't listen to to much AOR.

Even though I'd rather Kiske go back to the Helloween style Metal that made him famous, I do have to admit that the debut Place Vendome was pretty damn good AOR, and this is coming from a guy that don't listen to to much AOR.

I would also rather see Kiske i metal but He such a great singer so I'm so happy that his back in the music biz. The Keeper albums are just pure magic IMO. :banger::banger::guitbannana:

Loved the debut, dying to hear this one.

and its got Karlsson and that guy from Saint Deamon guy writing songs!

Magnus Karlsson? The guy who writes all those Starbreaker and a billion identical songs? Wow... this just went back about 14,000 steps on my interest list. :(

Magnus Karlsson? The guy who writes all those Starbreaker and a billion identical songs? Wow... this just went back about 14,000 steps on my interest list. :(

Starbreaker, Allen/Lande, The Codex, Last Tribe, and the upcoming Primal Fear.

How can that not excite you? All of the above are good stuff IMO.

And for the record the last Starbreaker sounded nothing like Allen/Lande.

They are all pretty good, but imo WAY too samey. Starbreaker and Allen/Lande have good differences due to the vocals, but the style of song, imo, is insanely similar.

They are all pretty good, but imo WAY too samey. Starbreaker and Allen/Lande have good differences due to the vocals, but the style of song, imo, is insanely similar.

Sorry cousin but I don't hear it at all.

Sure I hear some of the sameyness(is that a word?) between Allen/Lande and maybe The Codex and Last Tribe, but I don't hear it in the new Starbreaker. To me he was breaking new ground on that cd. It will be interesting to see if he has a big part in the writing of the new Primal Fear or not. I'd hate to see a Classic Metal band like them get overly Melodic.

Sure I hear some of the sameyness(is that a word?) between Allen/Lande and maybe The Codex and Last Tribe, but I don't hear it in the new Starbreaker. To me he was breaking new ground on that cd. It will be interesting to see if he has a big part in the writing of the new Primal Fear or not. I'd hate to see a Classic Metal band like them get overly Melodic.

Im finally hearing these samples - awesome, I cant hear ANY karlsson influence so far...just awesome AOR.

Must buy IMO

Im finally hearing these samples - awesome, I cant hear ANY karlsson influence so far...just awesome AOR.

Must buy IMO

Prob cos he only wrote one track.

Must buy IMO

? what's all the above fuss about then.......Geoff throwing his toys out of the pram :whistle:

''Valerie (The Truth Is In Your Eyes)'' was written and recorded by the WORK OF ART for their debut album, but they decided not to use it eventually. But they agreed to pass it forward to Michael Kiske.

Robert Sall also contributed track 4 "Follow Me" this and "Valerie" would have fit very nicely on the WOA album,both excellent tracks.

Plus track 12 is a cover of "I'd Die For You" from the AWESOME Soleil Moon - Worlds Apart cd, and an excellent cover it is to.

Must buy IMO

? what's all the above fuss about then.......Geoff throwing his toys out of the pram :whistle:

He doesnt know quality melodic metal..

I will sure buy the new Place vendome.

I really love Karlsson songwriting in Last tribe (especially witch dance), not much with starbreaker.

Why Kiske doesn't write some Aor tracks himself? we know He is an inspired songwrter(sometimes), not for all the album but just a couple of songs, it would be interesting. :guitbannana:

Must buy IMO

He doesnt know quality melodic metal..

I know nothing about the CD... just going off what you were telling me. If he's only on one song I guess my interest is still there. Either way, I'm just going to hear it when I do and decide then whether it's any good or not.

I can pretty much guarantee that from the samples Ive heard you (Geoff) will pretty much love this - hooks all over the place....more so than the debut IMO.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll love it too. As long as that Karlsson joker's not on it I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

I just have to stop listening to Matt and his dud info.

Heard a promo of this today and the benchmark for 2009 has been set at a very high level, and I like it. Albums are really going to have to deliver to compete with this and I think it's a great way to start off a year as it'll weed out all the shit.

My brief first spin impression, track by track:

1. Streets of Fire ; Awesome hard rock opener. A real winner.

2. My Guardian Angel ; Even better tune - beautiful mid-tempo melodic rocker.

3. Completely Breathless ; but we're not done yet - this one tops the first two again! Another sultry mid-tempo melodic rock gem.

4. Follow Me ; Cool hard rocker with a simply stunning chorus.

5. Set Me Free ; Very good ballad/mid-tempo tune. Some different lyrics here and another great chorus.

6. Believer ; Great sounding rocker, with a pretty tacky chorus.

7. Valerie (The Truth Is in Your Eyes) ; 100% through and through this is a Work of Art cover. No mistaking it. Even if I didn't read it above, I reckon I'd have guessed this. Good song, but very different style to the rest of the disc. Out of place, but a good track regardless.

8. A Scene in Reply ; Great song with a truly off-the-charts stunning chorus.

9. Changes ; melodic rock bliss. Another wonderful tune.

10. Surrender Your Soul ; Another good solid rocker.

11. Dancer ; ZOMFG! Awesome tune. Wear a seatbelt when hearing this for the first time.

12. I'd Die for Your ; Great ballad closing tune. Almost pompous at times. Good closer.

Overall, I'd go out on a limb and say it is better than the debut. A really great disc which, as I say, does set a high standard for 2009.