Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame

Should He Be Allowed In  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was reading Rolling Stone (Yes It Sucks) the other day

and there was a short interview with James Hetfield, to which he

was asked if Metallica were elected in The RnR HOF, would Dave Mustaine

allowed to be a part of it...James said, " No cause he never played

on a Offical Release". When the same question was posed about

Jason Newstead James said" Yes he should be there". So my

question is should Dave Be Invovled? I feel Dave should be there..

he has 6 songs in the Metallica catalog that he has a song writing credit

and honestly he was the real "Thrash" part of Metallica.

What do you think....BTW Jason Only has 1 or 2 songwriting credits..

and I do think Jason should be there.

I think Dave should be inducted as a Metallica member... just cuz he'd probably show up to the induction ceremony drunk as a skunk and start taking swings at Lars and James in front of everybody and I would relish seeing that video on YouTube... :lol:

I think Dave should be inducted as a Metallica member... just cuz he'd probably show up to the induction ceremony drunk as a skunk and start taking swings at Lars and James in front of everybody and I would relish seeing that video on YouTube... :lol:

:rofl2: yeah sounds about right...

The real question is: Do you think Dave would go? :unsure:

I doubt either one of'em (Dave or Jason) would go. Jason didn't exactly leave the band under the best circumstances either.

The real question is: Do you think Dave would go? :unsure:

I doubt either one of'em (Dave or Jason) would go. Jason didn't exactly leave the band under the best circumstances either.

Jason Prolly not, Dave ,I think he would...

I think both Dave and Jason should be there, especially Jason considering he was in the band for 15 years.

Dave should be there because as Eric states in the first post he has 6 songwriting credits on the first two albums and was a huge part of their early sound.

But if Dave was invited then that would beg the question should Ron McGovney be invited?

But if Dave was invited then that would beg the question should Ron McGovney be invited?

And if Ron McGovney is invited, then they gotta invite Lloyd Grant, who played the guitar solo on the original version of "Hit The Lights" that was on the first Metal Massacre compilation album... and Bob Rock, cuz he played bass in the studio during the ST. ANGER recordings...and John Marshall of Metal Church, cuz he played live rhythm guitar for a while when James was recovering from his onstage burn injury... :rofl:

Before you know it, there'll be a dozen people on the stage during the induction ceremony! :lol:

And if Ron McGovney is invited, then they gotta invite Lloyd Grant, who played the guitar solo on the original version of "Hit The Lights" that was on the first Metal Massacre compilation album... and Bob Rock, cuz he played bass in the studio during the ST. ANGER recordings...and John Marshall of Metal Church, cuz he played live rhythm guitar for a while when James was recovering from his onstage burn injury... :rofl:

Before you know it, there'll be a dozen people on the stage during the induction ceremony! :lol:

:rofl2:

I knew someone would say something about Lloyd Grant. :lol:

None of 'em should be getting in before Priest' ! :hammer:

Or Iron Maiden. :banger:

And many others for that matter. :tumbsup:

I have a thread somewhere around here about who should be in the hall of fame.

I think it's in the General Music discussion forum. :unsure:

That's a big ol' hearty "yes" on Mustaine. He helped forge the band's early sound that helped them become a metal force to be reckoned with. Bitter falling-out aside, he was influential in Metallica's formative years, and without those formative years, Metallica would be nothing today (some might argue they're STILL nothing today :D ). And yes, Jason should be there too; his time spent in the band lasted longer than most marriages these days.

Oh, and by the way, just to piss a few folks off:

Metallica > Judas Priest > Iron Maiden

:P

This is starting to sound like the old Lite beer commercials.

LESS FILLING!

TASTES GREAT!

LESS FILLING!

Etc.

• 2 months later...

Just pinched this off sleazeroxx..apparently Metallica

has invited Dave Mustaine to attend..

METALLICA PLANS "FAMILY REUNION" AT HALL OF FAME:

March 27, 2009

Gary Graff of Billboard reports that Metallica is using its upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction to stage what drummer Lars Ulrich calls "a sort of family reunion."

"I don't think there's a better time to come together than when it's about celebration," Ulrich told Billboard.com. "I think everybody is proud of their association (with Metallica), so we're reaching out to everybody who's been a part of this, both inside the band on and on the periphery of the band over the years. And there's a big group of people coming to Cleveland for the weekend, so I look forward to seeing a lot of people I haven't seen for a long time."

The Metallica guest list for the April 4 induction includes staffers from the band's previous labels, Megaforce and Elektra, journalists and photographers who have been supportive over the group's career, producers and musician friends. Metallica also invited founding guitarist Dave Mustaine, who is unable to attend, and former bassists Ron McGovney and Jason Newsted, who will. Newsted also plans to perform with Metallica during the ceremony. Ray Burton, father of Cliff Burton, who was Metallica's bassist from 1982 until his death in 1986, will accept on behalf of his son.

Guitarist Kirk Hammett said Metallica was inspired to be all-inclusive after it witnessed Blondie's acrimonious induction during the 2006 Rock Hall ceremony. "There was so much politics and so much drama," Hammett recalled, "that we collectively said to each other that if that ever happens and we get inducted ... we don't want any of that, because it kind of really puts a whole bad, sour note on the celebration itself. We said to each other, 'Let's celebrate the fact and let's not turn it into something negative.'"

Hammett called Metallica's induction "pretty huge," and both he and Ulrich are pleased the group is being honored while it's "still a vital band, still somewhat relevant and somewhat active in making records and touring," according to Hammett. "To be in a position where we are simultaneously being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and putting out a video game ("Guitar Hero: Metallica," coming out Tuesday (March 31)), it's a very, very cool thing."

"Sometimes," Ulrich added, "especially with younger people, one has a tendency to quickly, when accolades come your way, kinda go the cool way and say it doesn't mean that much, 'Try me again in 10 years, dahling' ... I'd much rather be inducted into the Hall of Fame while I'm still conscious enough to experience and enjoy it and certainly more interested than it being 65 years from now or whenever."

Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea will induct Metallica into the Hall of Fame. Metallica is taking a break from the European leg of its Death Magnetic tour to attend the ceremony, which will be broadcast live by Fuse TV. The band recently announced a new set of North American dates, starting September 14 in Nashville.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.billboard.com

Yea, Dave was invited but Megadeth will be touring overseas when the induction ceremony happens... Newsted will be there, though... that's pretty cool :banger:

Yea, Dave was invited but Megadeth will be touring overseas when the induction ceremony happens... Newsted will be there, though... that's pretty cool :banger:

Yes but from what I understand Newstead is being inducted(which he should be way before Trujillo is) but Mustaine was just invited to attend the party as was McGovney.

Yes but from what I understand Newstead is being inducted(which he should be way before Trujillo is) but Mustaine was just invited to attend the party as was McGovney.

I believe the Hall of Fame rules state that to be inducted as a member of a band, you have to have played on at least one officially released recording. Mustaine was kicked out of the band before they recorded KILL'EM ALL, therefore he doesn't qualify for induction as a member of Metallica. Newsted of course, does qualify, while Trujillo is simply in the right place at the right time. :lol: