Is it typical for you to fall asleep after Christmas dinner?

Faron

Years gone by when I was with my ex wife and spending Christmas day at the in-laws, it was customary once dinner was finished to fall asleep in front of the tv.

Or is this a regular occurrence? :unsure:

One year, about 9 of us were asleep in the lounge, noticed with one eye open before drifting off again! :tumbsup:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, not at all. Sounds very strange.

I couldn't tolerate that kind of scene under any circumstances, but to be honest I think my wife's family do do this after we leave. We got to my wife's family lunch first, then we leave and go to my family for dinner. I couldn't imagine anything worse than what you describe (:lol:) but I actually think my wife used to get in on it too.

Years gone by when I was with my ex wife and spending Christmas day at the in-laws, it was customary once dinner was finished to fall asleep in front of the tv.

One year, about 9 of us were asleep in the lounge, noticed with one eye open before drifting off again! :tumbsup:

Umm...yes...after Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter....did I miss anything :)

Backed and Backed and Backed. :drink:

That is unless there's a great football game on. :tumbsup:

I think nodding off to dreamland is a great idea, but it's hard to get any actual sleep when you keep hearing, "You forgot to build (insert name of needs-to-be-assembled Christmas item) in (insert name of child)'s room", or "We have to move all this stuff from the living room into the other rooms", or "You're a lazy, fucking lout. Get up and do something. Anything."

I think nodding off to dreamland is a great idea, but it's hard to get any actual sleep when you keep hearing, "You forgot to build (insert name of needs-to-be-assembled Christmas item) in (insert name of child)'s room", or "We have to move all this stuff from the living room into the other rooms", or "You're a lazy, fucking lout. Get up and do something. Anything."

Sounds remarkably familliar matey :lol:

:lol:

I am a profesional couch potato, I nod out at the drop of a hat!! -_-

I`m nodding off reading your post :lol:

That is unless there's a great football game on. :tumbsup:

You follow Man Utd then Wes? :tumbsup:

No, my mother-in-law won't let me. :hammer:

• 3 weeks later...
I managed to fall asleep before Christmas dinner. Do I get a medal or trophy?

Just a well done mate :lol: