Best sleaze/glam release of 2008?

Clutch

Ok, been listening to a lot of this stuff of late (circus of power, shotgun messiah, crash diet, etc) and wanted to get your picks (or suggestions) for the best sleaze/glam cds of the past year. Hell, the best release of recent memory is fine. Thanks for the input.

Far as I can tell it's been a really dead year for it. Not even sure how "proper" these suggestions are, but this is all I can think of:

MOTLEY CRUE - Saints of los angeles

GEMINI FIVE - Sex drugs anarchy

DIRTY LOOKS - Superdeluxe / Calafornia thingy

All great discs.

Far as I can tell it's been a really dead year for it. Not even sure how "proper" these suggestions are, but this is all I can think of:

MOTLEY CRUE - Saints of los angeles

GEMINI FIVE - Sex drugs anarchy

DIRTY LOOKS - Superdeluxe / Calafornia thingy

All great discs.

F#@k I forgot about the Motley Crue and the Dirtly Looks discs.

I'd say the Crue would be winner then with the DL 'Superdeluxe' second and then Sister Sin and then DL's 'California Free Ride'.

Crue would win a poll cos everyone knows them, but it was half a good album, half a poor album in my opinion.

'Danger' are pretty good too.

You should know me better than to say I'd ever pick Motley Crue over anyone for a reason like that. I just think it is genuinely a good disc (not perfect by any means) and a lot better than the rest of the "sleaze" genre I've heard this year.

But you make a good point with Danger. I forgot them, but they're freakin' excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bastardz!!!!!! their album jungle outlawz! It's a shame that their vocal Nat leave the band. :guitbannana:

Cowboy prostitutes - Swingin at the fences

http://www.myspace.com/cowboyprostitutes

Johnny burniny - get up get loose, get off

http://www.myspace.com/jburning

For this year, I'd have to say that one of my favorites was, Fatal Smile - "World Domination"...not really sleaze, just a melodic metal with a heavier edge, and a little glam too. GOOD stuff though, check it out if you haven't already!

A few other ones that come to mind for '08;

Saints Of The Underground - "Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner", Big Cock - "Motherload" and Gemini Five - "Sex Drugs Anarchy".

Crazy Lixx~ Loud Minority

Great album.

.... from 2007

Damn. New to ME in 2008.

I will go with Hansel~ Mission to Rock

I sure hope thes guys put out a full length album as good as the four songs on this EP :headbanger:

For this year, I'd have to say that one of my favorites was, Fatal Smile - "World Domination"...not really sleaze, just a melodic metal with a heavier edge, and a little glam too. GOOD stuff though, check it out if you haven't already!

A few other ones that come to mind for '08;

Saints Of The Underground - "Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner", Big Cock - "Motherload" and Gemini Five - "Sex Drugs Anarchy".

I forgot about the SOTU and the Big Cock, both of those were really good especially the Big Cock.

I haven't heard many glam/sleaze bands this year.

I agree, wiht glam junkie about Motley , half good half poor.

I must check out Sister sin (only heard some samples)

The Street-the divine dabauchery is worth listening http://www.myspace.com/thestreet