Take Advantage!

cdjunky41

• My Little Pony

Yeah I just had a major outlet go out of business in my town, but everything was completely out of order and out of place, I left with only two discs. And even at 50% off the prices weren't that great. I'm better off eBaying or Amazoning my CDs.

I think it will take some time for the "panic" to trickle down to private record shops. Top collectibles are a good investment and tend to hold their value til the good times come around, but you might get some sellers to take a little off prices.

As for more "common" items, good deals should pop up soon. I, for one, have had an increase of people offering me items for sale ever since the gas "crisis" earlier in the year, and am starting to get overstocked.

Big boxes and dept stores are another story, they are already using the economy as a marketing gimmick and will be having all kinds of sales in the near future and holiday season. Look for % off coupons in the newspaper or mail and use them for that box set you have been wanting, esp on BLACK FRIDAY! Also, a good time may be coming to buy electronics to upgrade your system(s).

Lastly, try to keep aware about store closings in your area. We had some Circut City stores blow out their inventory here, unfortunatly they sent their CDs and DVDs to other stores before they started close-outs

• 1 month later...

My brother told me over the weekend that he stopped in at one of our favorite CD hunting haunts (Music Connection in Elmwood Park, NJ) and they told him they were going to be moving to a smaller store (only a few blocks down the road) soon. That doesn't sound like a good sign to me. Smaller store = less space for goodies. :(

My brother told me over the weekend that he stopped in at one of our favorite CD hunting haunts (Music Connection in Elmwood Park, NJ) and they told him they were going to be moving to a smaller store (only a few blocks down the road) soon. That doesn't sound like a good sign to me. Smaller store = less space for goodies. :(

That's probably the only store in N.J. that I haven't been in. I did buy from them when they were at a convention.

• 3 months later...

Man, all the really cool music stores long ago went out of business in northern Colorado. Used to find some really great stuff for bargain prices........Denver has a bunch of great second-hand music stores, but I never have time to get down there....In my town of nearly 100,000 people, we have an fye retail store, a Best Buy box store, and a dumpy/crappy Angelo's CDs outlet which way overprices anything that's brought in on trade. Sorry, I won't pay $8-$11 (or $.01) for a used Alice in Chains LP, or music of that type, which is all they seem to have. LMAO, I live in a post card picturesque community at the foot of the Rockies that musically is a barren wasteland.......Jeff.

i'm just wondering what is there from NJ to take....except a couple of demotapes....and bob pizauro....

Nothing much, I was there a couple of weeks ago and found only two cd's.....

mark edward's personal ones? :christmas: mr.dominic took the rest....

i'm just wondering what is there from NJ to take....except a couple of demotapes....and bob pizauro....

Nothing much, I was there a couple of weeks ago and found only two cd's.....

mark edward's personal ones? :christmas: mr.dominic took the rest....

Who? Me? :whistle: