VH1 Classic - That Metal Show

heaven&hell

This should be pretty cool:

After November 15, all heavy metal and hard rock fans are going to be talking about "That Metal Show". VH1 Classic has mixed the best of "The View" with "Headbangers Ball" to create "That Metal Show", an outrageously funny weekly series that discusses and debates everything in the world of metal.

Heavy metal and hard rock bands undoubtedly have some of the most intense and dedicated fans in the music scene. Many debate — and disagree over — which bands stand the test of time, and which are easily forgotten. "That Metal Show", premiering on VH1 Classic on Saturday, November 15 at 11:00 p.m, settles all arguments and even debates new ones. From SABBATH to SLAYER to DOKKEN to DIO, "That Metal Show" covers all of the fist-pumping, headbanging, hard rock acts of the past 40 years.

Hosts Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine ("Crank Yankers", "Inside the NFL", "Meet The Creeps") and Don Jamieson ("Inside The NFL", "Dice Undisputed", "Meet The Creeps") discuss the latest rock news, share stories and argue about their favorite bands. Each week they will be joined by special guests who will weigh in with their opinions and offer their own unique viewpoints to each episode. Scheduled to appear the first season are rock legends RUSH, TWISTED SISTER, Lita Ford, Ace Frehley of KISS and a very special appearance by former baseball star Mike Piazza. Whether they’re arguing over the best British metal band of all time in "The Throwdown" or tracking down one of your favorite metal artists who disappeared in a "Whatever Happened To" segment, no topic is too small and no metal band is left behind.

But "That Metal Show" isn’t just a roundtable discussion; it’s about comedy too. Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson will hit the streets to connect and hang out with the fans....and by "connect" we mean pull pranks on them. In one episode, they pull a fast one on fans outside a VAN HALEN concert by telling them that they have a direct line to the band backstage. The comedy continues in studio, as host Eddie Trunk takes on the metal maniacs in the studio audience in the "Stump the Trunk" metal trivia contest. If the audience can stump Eddie, they win a metal-worthy prize.

"That Metal Show" is a hilarious 30 minutes of mayhem that all fans of hard rock and heavy metal are bound to love! It is the perfect combination of music and comedy in one show.

"That Metal Show" is a production of VH1 Classic. David Diomedi serves as director with Lee Rolontz and Keshia Williams as executive producers for VH1 and Jeff Baumgardner producer for the series.

• 3 weeks later...

Planning on watching this tonight even though I think Eddie Trunk is an annoying doofus.

I dunno, I've always found Eddie annoying. He's such a fanboy.

True story: when I was in high school Eddie used to be on the Saturday night metal radio show on WDHA-FM here in Jersey, he'd come on at Midnight and read the "Metal News," he'd also occasionally fill in as DJ for the entire show when the regular hostess (Cheryl Richards) was out. On those nights he'd get heckled by callers left and right. I remember one time he put a guy on the air and said "Do you have a request?" and the guy went "You're a poser!" and hung up on him :rofl:

I dunno, I've always found Eddie annoying. He's such a fanboy.

True story: when I was in high school Eddie used to be on the Saturday night metal radio show on WDHA-FM here in Jersey, he'd come on at Midnight and read the "Metal News," he'd also occasionally fill in as DJ for the entire show when the regular hostess (Cheryl Richards) was out. On those nights he'd get heckled by callers left and right. I remember one time he put a guy on the air and said "Do you have a request?" and the guy went "You're a poser!" and hung up on him :rofl:

That's funny.

But now it seems he's become an Icon.

The show just ended... and it seemed kinda lame to me... oh well.

Lita hasn't aged too well ...

...I'd still do her, if only to fulfill a dream I've had since I was 18 :lol:

Hopefully it'll get better.

One way to improve it quickly would be to get rid of Eddie Trunk and those two other tools, hire you and me to host the show, and change the title to "That Metal Show with Keith and Wes." :banger:

One way to improve it quickly would be to get rid of Eddie Trunk and those two other tools, hire you and me to host the show, and change the title to "That Metal Show with Keith and Wes." :banger:

Yeah that would make it better for sure. :banger:

Seriously I laughed my ass off at the show but I didn't want it to be that funny.

I would get rid of one of the comedians, make the show at least an hour if not two hours and have more interviews and get rid of the thing they did with the lyrics to Cherry Pie. And for the record I knew the Rat Salad/Van Halen question. The only one I didn't know was the Quartz question. Now the stuff at the Van Halen concert was hilarious and that poor guy was about in tears when he thought the band was mad at him.

Yeah... I found the show to be a little on the lame side too. They need to do away with a couple of the skits and spend more time with the guest artist and more time on band info.... especially since the show is only a half hour long. I though at one point I heard them say they were gonna do a "where are they now" segment. Either they never did it or the show was so boring I dosed off for a few minutes.

The Warrant lyric reading was a total waste of time. I also thought the Van Halen skit was pretty dull. I expected alot more. I hope it gets better as time goes on.

Lita hasn't aged too well ...

...I'd still do her, if only to fulfill a dream I've had since I was 18 :lol:

Hey add Me to the show as well damnit!!!! I'd like to think I know something about METAL!!!! :headbanger:

Did anyone else watch episode #2?

Again way to much comedy and poor old Yngwie is setting there and they don't even hardly talk to him.

That was funny when he had no idea who Stryper was/were.

Also I was happy to see him say Deep Purple over both Zeppelin & Sabbath.

Knowing he's a HUGE Deep Purple fan I wasn't suprised by that statement.

I also like he mentioned DIO era Sabbath as his favorite. :bowdown:

But it would of been nice if they would of had a more extensive interview and discussed not only his new stuff but some older stuff like Alcatrazz and Steeler.

Did anyone else know that fact that came up in Stump the Trunk about Kiss?

Supposedly when Creatures of the Night was first released it had someone elses music on it?

Damn, this is the first I've heard about it so I missed the first 2!! I'll definitely catch the 3rd one this Saturday night though. Sucks I missed Yngwie too :( Hope the next show kicks ass!!

I watched the first episode and that was enough for me. Eddie Trunk was indeed his usual annoying doofus self, and those two sidekicks of his have gotta go.

Though I'd love to be in the studio audience so I could take part in the "Stump The Trunk" segment cuz I'm pretty sure I could smoke that motherf**ker!!

Though I'd love to be in the studio audience so I could take part in the "Stump The Trunk" segment cuz I'm pretty sure I could smoke that motherf**ker!!

Everyone else seems to stump him so why not you. :tumbsup:

Seriously though there's been at least one a week that even I didn't know, such as the Kiss Creatures of the Night screw up.

Last nights episode was by far the best of the season with Jay and Dee from Twisted Sister there.

They actually didn't do any comedy skits and kept it metal for once and the guests got to talk a lot.

The WASP question in Stump the Trunk was a tough one, I knew the Rick Foxx part but didn't know Don Costa was in WASP in the early days. The throwdown between Rush and Kiss got interesting when Jay Jay French went off on Gene Simmons, that was very good stuff.

Last nights episode was by far the best of the season with Jay and Dee from Twisted Sister there.

They actually didn't do any comedy skits and kept it metal for once and the guests got to talk a lot.

The WASP question in Stump the Trunk was a tough one, I knew the Rick Foxx part but didn't know Don Costa was in WASP in the early days. The throwdown between Rush and Kiss got interesting when Jay Jay French went off on Gene Simmons, that was very good stuff.

I taped the first 2 weeks and thought it was kinda "meh".

I was sick yesterday and totally forgot about it. Figures! (Well, I'll see if I can't catch it during the week.)

The interview with Dee and Jay Jay was cool but I turned last night's show off after the "Stump the Trunk" segment. I am sorry, I have really really REALLY tried but I just can't get into this show. Everyone on it behaves like the stereotypical "metal doofus." I'm done with it.