VH1 Classic - That Metal Show

heaven&hell

The interview with Dee and Jay Jay was cool but I turned last night's show off after the "Stump the Trunk" segment. I am sorry, I have really really REALLY tried but I just can't get into this show. Everyone on it behaves like the stereotypical "metal doofus." I'm done with it.

Kinda what I thought too.

The interaction and dialogue seems REALLY rehearsed and forced. I'm not giving it much more time to dazzle me before it's off my radar as well.

• 2023 Gold Donors
Again way to much comedy and poor old Yngwie is setting there and they don't even hardly talk to him.

Caught the replay of the one w/Yngwie....and i agree.If you've got one of the best guitar players in the world on your show at least give the guy the majority of the time to talk about his endeavors,career and let him shred a little more. :screwy:

The interview with Dee and Jay Jay was cool but I turned last night's show off after the "Stump the Trunk" segment. I am sorry, I have really really REALLY tried but I just can't get into this show. Everyone on it behaves like the stereotypical "metal doofus." I'm done with it.

Kinda what I thought too.

The interaction and dialogue seems REALLY rehearsed and forced. I'm not giving it much more time to dazzle me before it's off my radar as well.

Well at least this week was better than the other two so maybe someone said get rid of the comedy shit.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for future episodes but I still say make it at least an hour and get rid of the comedians and bring in a Metal Musician as a regular co-host, someone like Scott Ian would be great since he used to host the Rock Show on VH1.

I watched the first episode and that was enough for me. Eddie Trunk was indeed his usual annoying doofus self, and those two sidekicks of his have gotta go.

Though I'd love to be in the studio audience so I could take part in the "Stump The Trunk" segment cuz I'm pretty sure I could smoke that motherf**ker!!

Yea You certainly could Man.. I remember that Trivia of Doom You used to give Me in College.. I knew some, but not ALL.. SO yea You could definitely stump Eddie Trunk.. NO problem..... :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Again way to much comedy and poor old Yngwie is setting there and they don't even hardly talk to him.

Caught the replay of the one w/Yngwie....and i agree.If you've got one of the best guitar players in the world on your show at least give the guy the majority of the time to talk about his endeavors,career and let him shred a little more. :screwy:

I just caught the past re-runs of the first few and saw the Yngwie one this morning. I was thinking the same thing. They should have asked him more stuff like "who was your favorite singer you've ever had in your band/worked with" and if they would have ket him talk more, maybe he would have gave some interesting stories. How about the guy who grabbed the making of Winger IV DVD from the box lol. He said something to the effect of "got the making of Winger IV, woohoo" and Yngwie looked very amused and Trunks sidekick said "that's rare, cause nobody has it". I got a chuckle out of that. That's probably one of the worst prizes he could have gotten. At least they did have a guitar there for Yngwie and he did get to shred a bit. :headbanger:

I've enjoyed the shows....albeit, they are short....and certainly don't hit on enough 'stuff' to really reel anyone in. With so many guys 'hosting' it's a wonder that the guest is involved at all. Seriously...they need to learn hot to interact better...which, given more experience...may come. But who knows hot short of a leash that show is on.....

I've enjoyed the shows....albeit, they are short....and certainly don't hit on enough 'stuff' to really reel anyone in. With so many guys 'hosting' it's a wonder that the guest is involved at all. Seriously...they need to learn hot to interact better...which, given more experience...may come. But who knows hot short of a leash that show is on.....

I just hope they give the show long enough to figure out what works and doesn't work.

They need to make it at least an hour long and get rid of the comedians.

There doesn't need to be 3 hosts IMO.

When I first read about this show I assumed it was going to be a show where they sit around and discussed music with the guest but instead there to busy telling jokes and Eddie has a little trouble controlling things.

• 2023 Gold Donors

The homely blonde with the basketball boobs on the last one cracked me up..and that one dude in the audience who sounded like he had gravel in his mouth.Some of those audience members are more stupid heads than they are metalheads :lol:

Mike Piazza(yes the baseball player) was on the show last night.

While I'm aware of his metal geekness and don't have a problem with him being on the show I would rather see some real Metal musicians instead. Last nights show was probably the worst so far and I'm not seeing the improvement I was hoping for. Please get rid of these worthless comedians. The shit talk on Britny Fox last week and then the shit talk on Sleeze Beez this week is just counter productive. I mean isn't this show supposed to supporting Metal? The comedians suck and add nothing IMO. And some of the trivia that Eddie Trunk misses is unbelievalbe. He misses a couple a week that even I know. And about Britny Fox last week he makes a comment about how their down to one original member the bass player and not one mention of how drummer Johnny Dee has been playing for Doro for 10 years.

• 3 months later...

I put aside my distaste for Eddie ("Did I tell you that Ace Frehley is a close personal friend of mine?") Trunk and tuned into "That Metal Show" last night for the first time in awhile due to Lips and Robb Reiner from Anvil making an appearance to pimp the "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" movie...nice to see them getting some respect, but otherwise the show is the same old crap. Although ol' Eddie got his butt totally kicked on the "Stump The Trunk" segment of trivia questions from the studio audience (how did he NOT know that Anvil were once known simply as "Lips?" They were sitting RIGHT THERE for cryin' out loud!!)

Oh, and I was slightly annoyed by the "Where Are They Now?" segment in which a viewer asked about the members of Savatage. Eddie sez Savatage has basically morphed into the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which is true to an extent I guess, but he made no mention of Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, or Chris Caffery's solo albums. Some "expert."

If anyone from VH1 Classic is reading this: I am repeating my offer from earlier in this thread. If you ever want a new host for "That Metal Show," call me. I'll work cheaper than Eddie Trunk and I know more about metal than him or those two doofus sidekicks of his put together.

I put aside my distaste for Eddie ("Did I tell you that Ace Frehley is a close personal friend of mine?") Trunk and tuned into "That Metal Show" last night for the first time in awhile due to Lips and Robb Reiner from Anvil making an appearance to pimp the "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" movie...nice to see them getting some respect, but otherwise the show is the same old crap. Although ol' Eddie got his butt totally kicked on the "Stump The Trunk" segment of trivia questions from the studio audience (how did he NOT know that Anvil were once known simply as "Lips?" They were sitting RIGHT THERE for cryin' out loud!!)

Oh, and I was slightly annoyed by the "Where Are They Now?" segment in which a viewer asked about the members of Savatage. Eddie sez Savatage has basically morphed into the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which is true to an extent I guess, but he made no mention of Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, or Chris Caffery's solo albums. Some "expert."

If anyone from VH1 Classic is reading this: I am repeating my offer from earlier in this thread. If you ever want a new host for "That Metal Show," call me. I'll work cheaper than Eddie Trunk and I know more about metal than him or those two doofus sidekicks of his put together.

In regards to the non mention of JOP and CIIC I'm right there with you and as I bitched and complained about it while watching it my wife says(for like the 10th time) "you should host this show". :lol:

I am glad that they focused on the guest more this time and didn't do any stupid antics out at some concert.

They need to drop the comedians and make the show 1 hour and focus more on the guests IMO.

While I don't hate Eddie Trunk like you do I do think that they need a more Metal co-host and someone like Rat Skates would be a good choice or really anyone that was part of the Metal scene back in the day such as a former musician or label person.