pawn shop pet peeves

HERBROCKS

Just last night at a pawn shop and found "If You What Blood" AC/DC for $4aus,took it to the counter,the guy could not find the cd plus it was the remastered cd.I fuckin' that. :2up::doh:

I would go on record as saying I probably have the worst of these tales to tell. About 5 years ago I was in Manly Cash Converters and I nearly had a cardiac arrest when I plucked The Brave's 'Battle Cries' from the shelf. My hand was twitching with glee the whole time I held it. Got to the counter, guy looks around for about 5mins and eventually *KAZAAAM!* he says, 'Sorry - can't find it.' I left my broken heart on the floor of Manly Cash Converters that day. Absolutely destroyed my balls. And I still don't own the CD to this day. :(

So it was there you lost your balls! :lol: That explains a thing or two....

Didn't lose them, mate. They just got shredded, bruised and battered. But steel has quite a way of healing itself.

You should change your avatar to this then:

balls%20of%20steel%20hood%20sized%20copy.jpg

:whistle:

Just last night at a pawn shop and found "If You What Blood" AC/DC for $4aus,took it to the counter,the guy could not find the cd plus it was the remastered cd.I fuckin' that. :2up::doh:

I would go on record as saying I probably have the worst of these tales to tell. About 5 years ago I was in Manly Cash Converters and I nearly had a cardiac arrest when I plucked The Brave's 'Battle Cries' from the shelf. My hand was twitching with glee the whole time I held it. Got to the counter, guy looks around for about 5mins and eventually *KAZAAAM!* he says, 'Sorry - can't find it.' I left my broken heart on the floor of Manly Cash Converters that day. Absolutely destroyed my balls. And I still don't own the CD to this day. :(

So it was there you lost your balls! :lol: That explains a thing or two....

Didn't lose them, mate. They just got shredded, bruised and battered. But steel has quite a way of healing itself.

So that's why there's no fun batting them...already bruised, you probably woudn't feel a thing. :hammer:

I hate it when they display the CDs right next to the lawn mowers or other equipment reeking of gasoline. Squinting and kneeling on the floor is all the more unpleasant when you're gagging on fumes.

the best pawn shops are the ones where they are not in alphebtical order , makes you look harder. Nowadays they pick and choose what will sell the best for them ...

I hate it when they display the CDs right next to the lawn mowers or other equipment reeking of gasoline. Squinting and kneeling on the floor is all the more unpleasant when you're gagging on fumes.

the best pawn shops are the ones where they are not in alphebtical order , makes you look harder. Nowadays they pick and choose what will sell the best for them ...

another pet peeve is when you find a CD in the rack open it and no CD , that has happened to me numberous times .. Pisses me off !!!!!!!! :crying:

I must admit the closest I have ever come to a pawn shop is Cash Converters.

In the last few years its all but pointless going through their stuff for rock/metal stuff as they either have a shit selection or overcharge.

The first time I ever went into one was back in 1999, and I walked out with a huge bagful of rock CDs and CD singles.

They were actually doing some shit hot deals on buying multiple CDs.

I think the CDs were only something like £1 a piece, with 6 for £5, and the CD singles were all 50p each, with some kinda deal on them as well.

Some of the stuff wasnt rock, or wasnt rock that fits this site, but the fact that i walked out of there with stuff like Night Songs by Cinderella, a whole bunch of Skid Row, Wolfsbane and Vixen CD singles and a collectable Wildhearts digipack single among the spoils, defo made for a great moment in time!

I had this problem twice over the weekend two cds put in great shape, both had the front insert missing

1) House of Lords....Sahara

2) Masi.....Downtown Dreamers...

I still bought them, since I didn't have them yet.....but, where the hell do these front inserts go?

I had this problem twice over the weekend two cds put in great shape, both had the front insert missing

1) House of Lords....Sahara

2) Masi.....Downtown Dreamers...

I still bought them, since I didn't have them yet.....but, where the hell do these front inserts go?

Unfortunately they are probably in a pocket of a big nylon cd travel case...possibly sitting on the pawn shop floor right next to where you found the cd's. :yikes:

I was in a poorly lit, dusty old dungeon called Chochy's Pawn scanning row after row of cds destined for skeet shooting. And just when I thought that solid hour of bad angle bending, Clint Eastwood squinting and tilting your head so it rests on your shoulder blade so you can make out the cd's title was going to be rewarded with Simon Says Spin This, I discover it is only the back insert adorning the jewel case of yet another Take That cd. Ugh!

• 2 months later...

This happened just today...

I went to a pawn shop sale on a tip from an emp that a lot of CDs were coming out that day. I didn't see any new ones, so I asked the guy behind the counter. he said, "Oh, we've got a bunch, but first we have to look 'em up on Amazon to see if they are valuable"! I fight to keep from rolling my eyes, and convice him to let me go thru them first to see what I would want, and then he can just look those ones up. I found about a dozen, no big deal stuff. Well, he scurries them to the back to go online and comes back with them seperated by price, $1-3, which is fine by me, I was expecting a haggle (he did want $4 for an Alicia Keys, but I got him down..)

Anyway, for one of the CDs, a local band, he wanted $15, saying it was $20 on Amazon! I didn't want it enough to argue, but I did try to explain that just because some guy an Amazon wants $20 for it (perhaps the band itself), it's not a rare or valuable CD. He didn't get it and I didn't push it, can't teach a pig to sing! :)

• 1 month later...

It's not just Michigan or the US Sharkman, it's the whole bloody world! It almost feels like there's less and less every day here in the UK!

Alot of shop's are not selling cd's anymore. And alot of shop's have closed. ESP Cd stores. I HATE LIVING IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN!!!!!