Hungry Heart

crazynights

Check out this Italian band, great melodic hard rock in the vein of Bon jovi,danger danger,Lynch mob and Adriangale.

The singer reminds me Paul Laine and Jamie Rowe.

One of my favorite cd this year.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=270127010

I must give asnother spin to Extreme It doesn't seem to get me Saudades de rock.. Jeff scot soto cd is good. About Love is dying wish, I prefer everything Tony produced with Tnt.

This year, in this moment maybe.

1-Hungry heart-s/t

2-Brother firetrib-heart full..

3-Silent Rage-4 letter words

4-House of lords-come to my kingdom

5-Marcello/Vestry-fireworks

6-Whitesnake-good to be

7-Homerun-Can't stop

8-Dokken-Lightin' strikes

9-Planet hard-crashe onplanet hard

10-Def leppard-songs from

I must give some other spins to JSSoto,TNT,Pride,Roulette and H.E.A.T

• 1 month later...

The Hungry Heart disc is pretty damn good MHR.

Sure I've heard it before and maybe it's been done better but it's great to hear a band play this kind of music this well in 2008. I think I might like this more than the HEAT release.

It is better than the likes of Homerun, H.A.R.D and Hardreams (what's up with all the H's!!!) but like Andre said, it's miles away from competing with the likes of HEAT and Marcello/Vestry, imo.

To me, it just sounds like the band are going for a sound that is out of their grasp, at this point in time. They want to sound like the big acts from 1989/1990 but they just don't have the ability, yet, imo. And the vocals do hold them back further too. Hooks/choruses range from a couple of great ones to quite a few pretty average ones. Not a bad disc, but not one of the best from 2008, imo.

3-Silent Rage-4 letter words

:yikes: one of the most shocking things ive heard in many a year.

That would be near the bottom of a list of every album ive heard in the last 10 years.

It is better than the likes of Homerun, H.A.R.D and Hardreams (what's up with all the H's!!!) but like Andre said, it's miles away from competing with the likes of HEAT and Marcello/Vestry, imo.

To me, it just sounds like the band are going for a sound that is out of their grasp, at this point in time. They want to sound like the big acts from 1989/1990 but they just don't have the ability, yet, imo. And the vocals do hold them back further too. Hooks/choruses range from a couple of great ones to quite a few pretty average ones. Not a bad disc, but not one of the best from 2008, imo.

Wow you're hard to please. I think it's solid stuff. Sure it's nothing mind blowing but it's got some good tunes and the singer doesn't bother me at all. I mean he's no worse than the accent you get from Klaus Meine when I listen to The Scorpions.

Wow you're hard to please. I think it's solid stuff. Sure it's nothing mind blowing but it's got some good tunes and the singer doesn't bother me at all. I mean he's no worse than the accent you get from Klaus Meine when I listen to The Scorpions.

Mate, you say it yourself right there:

it's solid stuff. Sure it's nothing mind blowing but it's got some good tunes
As I said, it's not bad, but there are many better CDs from this year and every other year.

As I said, it's not bad, but there are many better CDs from this year and every other year.

I didn't say their weren't better cds from this year or other years.

Hell this won't even come close to my top 20 or even 30, I was just saying it's solid and I enjoyed it.

Hell this won't even come close to my top 20 or even 30, I was just saying it's solid and I enjoyed it.

Me too. I just went the long-winded route. Don't make us need to fight.

If you do want to fight I am willing to take a paddle boat down if need be. :whistle:

If you do want to fight I am willing to take a paddle boat down if need be. :whistle:

Sure, sounds like a perfect idea. I'll be waiting on the beach. Be here asap.

I'll be there in at least two months, that is if a Shark don't eat me.

I'll be there in at least two months, that is if a Shark don't eat me.

Sharks are a myth... unless you come via Adelaide. Just come over the top end... although then a crocodile will probably get you. Oh well, worth a try anyway.

H.EA.T is a very good band, they are very young (around 20 ) that's good.

In my top ten I must add tesla, Poley rivera and TNT, 3 albums I really like.

Now I'm listening the new Enuff z'nuff, circle II circle and Eguy.

Still Hungry heart is my favorite by now.

Haha... you crazy kidder. Now, let's get back to seriousness. ;)

I like the Hungryheart album quite a bit as well (have been listening to it all week in my car stereo), but I agree with the above posters that it's nowhere near the top of the AOTY list. That spot would be occupied IMHO by "Brother Firetribe: Heart Full Of Fire." I REALLY enjoy listening to M/V, H.E.A.T., Gypsy Rose, and a bunch of other strong albums released this calendar year, but Brother Firetribe tops them all for me.......I do hope that Hungryheart continues to progress as a band and puts out an even better second album, they've definitley gained me as a fan :headbanger: .

H.EA.T is a very good band, they are very young (around 20 ) that's good.

Now I'm listening the new Enuff z'nuff, circle II circle and Eguy.

Still Hungry heart is my favorite by now.

Another fan of Circle II Circle. :drink:

Wow, this CD's in a bit of trouble with me. Spun it again yesterday;

First track is a dud, the second song, 'Stealing The Night' is my fave of the whole album... but what happens next from song 3-7 is that they are complete fillers for me. I skipped through them all on my spin yesterday! 'Hard Lovin’ Woman' is only okay, but the only saving grave for this album is that all three of the last tracks are very strong. Love the last three, especially 'It Takes Two'. But you just can't have that many fillers in the middle of a disc, imo.

I know to each their own, opinions are opinions, free love, flower power hippy hugs etc... but whoever is saying this is better than HEAT (or even comparable) is on some messy drugs. ;)

Wow, this CD's in a bit of trouble with me. Spun it again yesterday;

First track is a dud, the second song, 'Stealing The Night' is my fave of the whole album... but what happens next from song 3-7 is that they are complete fillers for me. I skipped through them all on my spin yesterday! 'Hard Lovin’ Woman' is only okay, but the only saving grave for this album is that all three of the last tracks are very strong. Love the last three, especially 'It Takes Two'. But you just can't have that many fillers in the middle of a disc, imo.

I know to each their own, opinions are opinions, free love, flower power hippy hugs etc... but whoever is saying this is better than HEAT (or even comparable) is on some messy drugs. ;)

I guess I'm on drugs because I like it a little more than Heat but Heat might be just a little on the lite side for me. I believe it's track 4 "Only One" that is my favorite song, I think that song is awesome. There's 5 or 6 other tunes I like quite a bit as well but there are few tracks towards the end that I'd clasify as filler.

I like the Hungryheart album quite a bit as well (have been listening to it all week in my car stereo), but I agree with the above posters that it's nowhere near the top of the AOTY list. That spot would be occupied IMHO by "Brother Firetribe: Heart Full Of Fire." I REALLY enjoy listening to M/V, H.E.A.T., Gypsy Rose, and a bunch of other strong albums released this calendar year, but Brother Firetribe tops them all for me.......I do hope that Hungryheart continues to progress as a band and puts out an even better second album, they've definitley gained me as a fan :headbanger: .

Sure a great singer. I love his works since Edge of thorns (Savatage), Still I :guitbannana: like his 4 albums with circle II circle.

TNT Haha... you crazy kidder. Now, let's get back to seriousness. wink.gif

I know many people have been dissapointed by Tnt since Mills arrived.

In Norway they still get a good success.

In Atlantis there is some very strange songs like Peter Sellers (weird track) but also some great ones, like Atlantis and ''me and dad''.

About Hungry heart I really love Rock city,river of soul,only one and Gina (micheal bolton cover), I must try the original, I don't bother about M. Bolton except for his first two cds.

Hey even I don't like this better than H.E.A.T, & that was one overrated & mediocre album. This is kinda okay stuff, that's definitely reminiscent of the Marcello/Vestry album (but without the keyboards). I reckon there would have been about 8 million bands doing this sort of thing in the mid-80's, & even in modern years bands like 91 SUITE absolutely kill this. If they got a keyboard player (the sound is desperately thin), tightened up the harmonies & wrote some stronger tunes they could make a CD worth picking up...

• My Little Pony
Hey even I don't like this better than H.E.A.T, & that was one overrated & mediocre album. This is kinda okay stuff, that's definitely reminiscent of the Marcello/Vestry album (but without the keyboards). I reckon there would have been about 8 million bands doing this sort of thing in the mid-80's, & even in modern years bands like 91 SUITE absolutely kill this. If they got a keyboard player (the sound is desperately thin), tightened up the harmonies & wrote some stronger tunes they could make a CD worth picking up...

Yeah, although the same could be said for a lot of bands.