New Honeymoon Suite

Jez

Big news for all the Honeymoon Suite fans here. Can't wait for this one.

The samples below sound pretty damned good aswell.

recentrelase-sml.gif

This whole new album has really been somewhat of a return musically to the sound that we had in the 80's. It's produced by Tom Treumuth who did our first record, so it seems we've all come full circle, hence the title "Clifton Hill".

The result is a incredibly mature and inspired album with all the trademarks of the classic Honeymoon Suite sound, chock full or great rock songs and fascinating mid-tempos and ballads.

Final tracklisting of Clifton Hill includes: She Ain't Alright; Tired O' Waitin' On You; Riffola; Ordinary; The House; Why Should I?; Down 2 Bizness; Sunday Morning; That's All U Got; Restless; Separate Lives.

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed..._CH01sample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed..._CH02sample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed..._CH05sample.mp3

http://www.frontiers.it/portals/0/multimed..._CH06sample.mp3

These guys have potential to make a good Loverboy 'Just getting started'-styled disc, imo.

They also have the potential to make a 3rd-rate Modern Rock disc. This one could go either way.... Anyone checked out the samples?

These guys have potential to make a good Loverboy 'Just getting started'-styled disc, imo.

They also have the potential to make a 3rd-rate Modern Rock disc. This one could go either way.... Anyone checked out the samples?

If this was some new band I'd be saying "Hey, these guys are pretty cool and I love the fact they're trying to sound a bit 80's!" But this is NOT a new band, and this is not "FEEL IT AGAIN."

For me this is just another 80's band trying to sound modern (unfortunately). I'll keep spinning "THE BIG PRIZE," thank you.

They also have the potential to make a 3rd-rate Modern Rock disc.

Truth. The last 2 sounded like that. But the potential is there, imo.

So this is not that good. Opener "She Aint Alright" sounds okay, decent guitar licks, but this is nothing that a million Modern Rock bands aren't already doing better. The occasional touch of keyboards is the only thing that differentiates this from being any other Modern Rock band, and - frankly - STORY OF THE YEAR they 'aint. LOVERBOY nailed the mix of old & new on "Just Getting Started", but this is just run-of-the-mill stuff...

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked this up tonight at my local cd shop....Wal-Mart, for under 12$. Not bad, not mind blowing either. They did not pull a Loverboy and release the comeback album of all comeback albums, but it is better than Lemon Tongue from a few years back.

As Koogles pointed out to me in an e-mail it reminds him of recent Harem Scarem. If so it can't be that bad....right?

• 1 month later...

So this is not that good. Opener "She Aint Alright" sounds okay, decent guitar licks, but this is nothing that a million Modern Rock bands aren't already doing better. The occasional touch of keyboards is the only thing that differentiates this from being any other Modern Rock band, and - frankly - STORY OF THE YEAR they 'aint. LOVERBOY nailed the mix of old & new on "Just Getting Started", but this is just run-of-the-mill stuff...

Yeah, it'd be foolish to try and compare this with any good modern hard rock disc from the year, but as a fresh offering from a old school melodic rock/AOR band I don't think it's bad at all. A few fillers and even the highlights just fall a little short of true bliss, but I'm actually enjoying this disc. Not bad at all... and a much better effort than some of the tired rehashes like Shadowman, Mad Max and Valentine that are going about this year. And yeah... not a scratch on the Loverboy disc either.

• 8 months later...

wow, going back and reading comments I'm shocked about the little love for this album. I think it is one of their best. I think it is a bit more rock oriented and a little less pop-rock which pushed the album into "better" status for me. they always seemed to be missing a bit of something on all their albums, even the ones with the huge hits.

wow, going back and reading comments I'm shocked about the little love for this album. I think it is one of their best. I think it is a bit more rock oriented and a little less pop-rock which pushed the album into "better" status for me. they always seemed to be missing a bit of something on all their albums, even the ones with the huge hits.

Still a good album in my book and I am still playing it fairly regularly. Can't wait to see them again at Firefest in October.

Still a good album in my book and I am still playing it fairly regularly. Can't wait to see them again at Firefest in October.

Yeah, I havent heard this one...but i will in time for FF. Stoked big time about seeing them live!