KUTLESS

Granted, I've never been a huge fan of the Christian hard rock band Kutless. However, if their new single "The Feeling" is any indicator of what the new album is going to sound like, then get out of my way on release day June 24. Check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/kutless

Chris

Pretty cool song.....and I listened to their other tunes on their myspace page....not bad stuff...

This is one band I've given up on after dismissing their (two?) previous releases, but I'll monitor this thread and see if anything you guys say gets me interested again. :)

Unlike my brother, I am a big fan of Kutless and consider their "Sea of Faces" CD to be a classic Christian hard rock album, so I welcome a new release with high anticipation. The new single ("The Feeling") definitely sounds like one of the best tunes they've ever written and has me eager to hear the rest of the CD.

Unlike my brother, I am a big fan of Kutless and consider their "Sea of Faces" CD to be a classic Christian hard rock album, so I welcome a new release with high anticipation. The new single ("The Feeling") definitely sounds like one of the best tunes they've ever written and has me eager to hear the rest of the CD.

I think Mark you were the person who put me on to Kutless... they remain my favourite modern band. I listened to their entire cd in store after you suggested it and had to have it (Sea of Faces). I totally love that album, although i felt very dirty for days buying modern numetal stuff. I need to replace my copy as i lent it out... and never came back. I feel dirty that i havnt replaced it yet!

I am a big fan of Kutless and consider their "Sea of Faces" CD to be a classic Christian hard rock album, so I welcome a new release with high anticipation. The new single ("The Feeling") definitely sounds like one of the best tunes they've ever written and has me eager to hear the rest of the CD.

I think, Mark, you were the person who put me onto Kutless...they remain my favorite modern band. I listened to their entire CD in store after you suggested it and had to have it (Sea of Faces). I totally love that album, although I felt very dirty for days buying modern nu-metal stuff. I need to replace my copy as I lent it out...and never came back. I feel dirty that I havn't replaced it yet!

Yep, Matt, that was me making the Kutless recommendation to you a couple years back. And you took to them like Geoff takes to armadillos. Now, about feeling dirty...just because Geoff emails you naked pictures of himself doesn't mean you have to open them. Just delete them like I do.

I am a big fan of Kutless and consider their "Sea of Faces" CD to be a classic Christian hard rock album, so I welcome a new release with high anticipation. The new single ("The Feeling") definitely sounds like one of the best tunes they've ever written and has me eager to hear the rest of the CD.

I think, Mark, you were the person who put me onto Kutless...they remain my favorite modern band. I listened to their entire CD in store after you suggested it and had to have it (Sea of Faces). I totally love that album, although I felt very dirty for days buying modern nu-metal stuff. I need to replace my copy as I lent it out...and never came back. I feel dirty that I havn't replaced it yet!

Yep, Matt, that was me making the Kutless recommendation to you a couple years back. And you took to them like Geoff takes to armadillos. Now, about feeling dirty...just because Geoff emails you naked pictures of himself doesn't mean you have to open them. Just delete them like I do.

That's not what the wallpaper on your Myspace page suggests, mate. ;)

You can delete the emails... but theres not much you can do about the paper machet models of.... ah.. Geoff Jnr he sends in the mail.

You can delete the emails... but theres not much you can do about the paper machet models of.... ah.. Geoff Jnr he sends in the mail.

It's all I can do until the money comes through for this detachable penis operation I've been saving up for.

You can delete the emails...but there's not much you can do about the paper machete models of...ah...Geoff Jr. he sends in the mail.

Yeah, he sends me those too. I just give 'em to the dog. Geoff Jr. frequently finds itself being ripped to shreds by sharp, pointed teeth. Problem is, the dog usually comes back looking for more, the hungry gleam in his eyes saying, "That was such a small snack..."

On a sidenote, it's pretty frickin' funny that a thread about a Christian band has devolved into a conversation about Geoff's cock...

You can delete the emails...but there's not much you can do about the paper machete models of...ah...Geoff Jr. he sends in the mail.

Yeah, he sends me those too. I just give 'em to the dog. Geoff Jr. frequently finds itself being ripped to shreds by sharp, pointed teeth. Problem is, the dog usually comes back looking for more, the hungry gleam in his eyes saying, "That was such a small snack..."

On a sidenote, it's pretty frickin' funny that a thread about a Christian band has devolved into a conversation about Geoff's cock...

Well, my penis does have a lot of followers too.

I picked up the new Kutless cd yesterday. And, as suspected, the single they released is by far the best song on there. There's nothing wrong with the new album and fans will be more than pleased. I just thought they might have finally broken the mold with that kickin' new single. Sadly, this is not the case. Not a bad band, just not a great one either.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up the new Kutless CD yesterday. ...as suspected, the single they released is by far the best song on there. ...nothing wrong with the new album and fans will be more than pleased. I just thought they might have finally broken the mold with that kickin' new single. Sadly, this is not the case. Not a bad band, just not a great one either.

My brother, not much of a Kutless fan and not too impressed with this newie ("To Know That You're Alive"), was cool enough to give me his copy. He's correct, the single ("The Feeling") is easily the best song on the CD (and one of the heavier tunes they've ever recorded), but most of the other songs will still be perfectly acceptable to Kutless fans. Personally, I think it's better than the debut or "Strong Tower," but not quite on par with "Sea of Faces" or "Hearts of the Innocent." In other words, if you've liked Kutless all along, you should definitely pick this up...if you haven't cared for Kutless up to now, this won't convert you.

• 1 year later...

I heard a song by these guys on the radio last night...absolutely brilliant song but I wasn't able to catch the name or anything. It was a ballad but I can't even remember the lyrics now. Maybe I should check these guys out.

Can anyone recommend a starting point for this band...which album should I track down first. I'm thinking 'Sea Of Faces' might be the best one based on several comments.

Can anyone recommend a starting point for this band...which album should I track down first. I'm thinking 'Sea Of Faces' might be the best one based on several comments.

The debut is definitely the place to start. It's probably their best. I think they slide downhill just a little bit on each subsequent release. They do stick with their tried and true formula though.

The debut is definitely the place to start. It's probably their best. I think they slide downhill just a little bit on each subsequent release. They do stick with their tried and true formula though.

Just for the record, "Sea of Faces" is NOT the debut (the self-titled album is), but SOF is definitely the band's best album by far. Frankly, you can skip the debut...I'm a diehard Kutless fan and even I sold my copy of the debut. But "Sea of Faces"...yeah, that's a keeper for sure.

Just for the record, "Sea of Faces" is NOT the debut (the self-titled album is), but SOF is definitely the band's best album by far. Frankly, you can skip the debut...I'm a diehard Kutless fan and even I sold my copy of the debut. But "Sea of Faces"...yeah, that's a keeper for sure.

SOF was the first modern rock album i ever bought. Awesome stuff. I actually like the debut... but it is very Creed..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Did anyone know Kutless have a new album out??? "It is well",,,

I did see that the other day. Have you heard anything off it? Any good? I'm finding that kutless is good for one or two good songs and then seems to drop the ball for the rest of the album.

Did anyone know Kutless have a new album out??? "It is well",,,

I did see that the other day. Have you heard anything off it? Any good? I'm finding that kutless is good for one or two good songs and then seems to drop the ball for the rest of the album.

I dont get that with Kutless.. the only album i think drops off is Strong Tower. This is pretty much Strong Tower 2 i believe.

I saw the new album available for download but didn't even go anywhere near it as it looks like a collection of religious hymns or something, as far as I can see. Does it have actual rock songs on it, or wtf is it?

I saw the new album available for download but didn't even go anywhere near it as it looks like a collection of religious hymns or something, as far as I can see. Does it have actual rock songs on it, or wtf is it?

It is a worship album. Not bad for that vein. I think it compares very favorably with Petra's ventures in that area.

However, personally I would rather listen to almost anything else they have put out.

To Know That You're Alive was their best effort, by far, IMO.