Any Black AOR singers?

KurtmanJP

Bernie K. of Total Eclipse (hard rock band with AOR leanings) - he was also the singer for metal band Sound Barrier.

He was also on the Masi "Fire in the Rain" cd.

hey, just getting blacks to play an instrument anymores like trying to get the american record industry to sign a band that doesnt slap their hands against their chests and slobber when they talk! back in the 70's the brothas put out a decade of what I consider to be some of the greatest MUSIC!!! ever played, and that's the 70's Funk!! While never being a race of humans that believed in having anything easy, or handed to them, they took the next natural step in the evolutionary cycle, they decided to just play with record players, and rip off all their talented for-father musicians! but here are a few MUSICIANS!! I could think of.

There have been a lot of black rock bands, I think the whole hair metal part of the question kind of loads the question! theres Vernon Reid, and Cory Glover, the two frontman in Living Colour, Bad Brains, Fishbone, Black Sunday, nobody remembers the alternative\metal band Remy Zero?

Danko Jones, I believe he's canadian and he can put together an intense song! who can forget the black irishman? Mr. Lynott, rock and metal black guitarists, Rocky George(Suicidle Tendencies), Tony Macalpine, Tom Morrello's a milato, the punk band Death were all blacks! and probably the best black fronted group out of any and all of them was Orange 9mm! and as far as black hair metal\aor singers, theirs some, like what about Conny Lind? huh, and Axl Rose may as well be black! he acts just like one those colored folk!! as does Gene Simmons, so well take Morrello, and Skins, as well as Rocky George in exchange for those 2.

Todd Bridges...

A brother of Jeff, or another son of Lloyd? im not familiar with a Todd Bridges, but who is when your brothers as good as Jeff!!!

Conny Lind is black? Wow, there you go. You learn something new every day.

Actually, I could have sworn my testicles off that there was a photo of Peter Broman and Conny Lind on the 'Wonderland' inserts and they were both white chappies?

no Geoff, that was a stunt singer, I just hate not being right, so I had to improvise, I was listening to Gods Gift To Women, thought ill just say he's black in hopes that nobody would notice, then tossed it out there! knowing damn well who most likely would pick up on it???

• 2023 Gold Donors
Todd Bridges...

A brother of Jeff, or another son of Lloyd? im not familiar with a Todd Bridges, but who is when your brothers as good as Jeff!!!

Willis...son of Mr. Drummond and brother of Arnold. :wacko:

A BIG thumbs up for Doug Pinnick & King's X

and I could come up with:

The Hinder singer

The Sevendust singer

24-7 Spyz

Hinder are all white, unless I am missing something.

there was a british hinder around the mid 90's, an all black melodic rock quartet. They put out a couple of e.p's in the vein of journey, vocally very similar to say sam cooke / steve perry.... the singer is supposedly a well known vocal coach.

What about BLACK DEATH from OHIO?

I ask BILL PETERS about this band a few years ago and he said it's commin' out on AUBURN.

I guess that's his own little CHINESE DEMOCRACY :lol:

LARRY MITCHELL

ERIC GALES BAND

Does anyone remember the rock/rap group HARD CORPS?

I forgot about Eric Gales Band and wow - Hard Corp !! from my ole stomping grounds, Nashville ! I didn't figure anyone would come up with them ! I am trying to remember what they were called after changing their name ...

Anyway, the Hinder thing - I would've sworn I saw a Hinder video a few years ago and they were a band of young white guys wuth a black singer with silver - dyed hair...and it was an AOR / lite metal sounding song, but I have been wrong before.