Spanish Metal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Spanish bands I can think of off the top of my head are Mago De Oz and the aforementioned Baron Rojo... oh, wait, Dark Moor are from Spain. They sing in English though...I'm sure there must be more, I just can't think of any...

Isnt that Mexican?

As someone once said, "close enough" :lol:

i mean Tacos, Nachos, Burritos..

I know. I was being a wise-ass. :lol:

Anyway, to get us back on topic (ahem!), Bob, I Googled "Spanish Heavy Metal" and came up with these guys... "Avalanch" ... apparently they're "Spain's Top Heavy Metal Band," in the vein of Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Angra, etc... CDBaby has a bunch of their CDs. They're a little too light-n-fluffy for me, tho, judging from the samples...

http://cdbaby.com/group/avalanchcd?css=bbm

Found a BIG ASS list of Spanish metal bands here... all genres, from power metal and hard rock to black/death metal... here ya go Bob, go nuts!!

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php...;a=lc&c=115

The only Spanish bands I can think of off the top of my head are Mago De Oz and the aforementioned Baron Rojo... oh, wait, Dark Moor are from Spain. They sing in English though...I'm sure there must be more, I just can't think of any...

That Baron Rojo is pretty sweet.

F*ck yea, that bass player's rockin' a vintage Rickenbacker bass just like Cliff Burton used to play!! :beerbang:

Yeah they are pretty good..they have been around forever...I got "Volume Brutal" when it

was released..in 82 I think.I still hsve it on Vinyl..somewhere :unsure:

I personally can't get into bands that don't sing in English.....my loss I expect...

I sorta have the same problem (in fact, I started a thread about non-English bands around here a while back, f*ck if I can find it now though)... I like to sing along and obviously I can't do that if I don't understand the lyrics...

Although I listen to a lot of early Loudness stuff, which is in Japanese.. I just make up gibberish that sounds good when I sing along in the car. :lol:

Baron Rojo are excellent in places. As Eric mentions, 'Volumen Brutal' is the disc to check out and has some really fine tunes on board 'Concierto Para Ellos' being my particular favourite. The Follow up disc 'Metalmorphosis' was also pretty damned good, as well as the live album' Baron Al Rojo Vivo'. Subsequent stuff has been a little patchy in my view, but those 3 discs come highly recommended from me.

Freddy - There is an English version of 'Volumen Brutal' avaliable, so if you see it, give it a go.

I've got a few albums by Rosa Tattooada. One album is in english and the others are in Spanish (or Portuguese, I'm not fluent in either but they are similar). I think they are from Brazil. Their music reminds me somewhat of Roxxi.