MAJOR Label - MINOR Success

heaven&hell

JUNKYARD, I loved the band's first album. 2nd was ok but the first was fantastic

I loved that band. The debut was and is just killer and "Simple Man" should of been a huge hit.

The follow up album was great too but not as good as the debut imo. "Slippin Away" did have the potential to be a hit song though and "All the Time in the World" got a little play on MTV.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUNKYARD, I loved the band's first album. 2nd was ok but the first was fantastic

I loved that band. The debut was and is just killer and "Simple Man" should of been a huge hit.

The follow up album was great too but not as good as the debut imo. "Slippin Away" did have the potential to be a hit song though and "All the Time in the World" got a little play on MTV.

Backed On The Junkyard..Great Bloozey Band.... :beerbang: I love both releases..

How Bout Jetboy...have they be mentioned..

Backed On The Junkyard..Great Bloozey Band.... :beerbang: I love both releases..

How Bout Jetboy...have they be mentioned..

No Jetboy hasn't been mentioned yet but I can't say I've listened to them much besides two or three songs.

No Jetboy hasn't been mentioned yet but I can't say I've listened to them much besides two or three songs.

JetBoy's FEEL THE SHAKE has a coupla good songs... the little else I've heard from them has been pretty "meh"

JetBoy's FEEL THE SHAKE has a coupla good songs... the little else I've heard from them has been pretty "meh"

Yea Jetboy's another one... LOVED that tune "Feel the Shake" I don't think I heard much if anything else by them though.... :whistle:

Feel the shake has a Major AC/DC Vibe to it...Damned Nation has More of a GnR-ish

sound..I like DN better..

Feel the shake has a Major AC/DC Vibe to it...Damned Nation has More of a GnR-ish

sound..I like DN better..

"Feel the Shake" is one of the songs I've heard and I've read that they were a good band but for whatever reason I just have never picked anything up by them. I really dont remember seeing any of their cds in stores back in the day(not that I was looking for them) and I never see anything used in used cd or pawn shops.

How' bout Riot? They released a couple of records via Sony/Epic in the late 80s but obviously nobody gave a sh*t.

I know I shouldn't bring this band up with all the negative this band has had on this board lately but HURRICANE should of been huge as well on the Enigma label. I guess their sole efforts were toward Stryper.

Totally agree. I think I even mentioned it somewhere in this thread. :unsure:

"Im onto You" got a little radio play I think but they should of gotten more attention with both the 'Over the Edge' and 'Slave to the Thrill' albums and the ballad from the debut couldve been a hit but probably came out a few years to early.

I know I shouldn't bring this band up with all the negative this band has had on this board lately but HURRICANE should of been huge as well on the Enigma label. I guess their sole efforts were toward Stryper.

"Im onto You" got a little radio play I think but they should of gotten more attention with both the 'Over the Edge' and 'Slave to the Thrill' albums and the ballad from the debut couldve been a hit but probably came out a few years to early.

"I'm Onto You" did get radio play but that was the only stand out track on that album which really hurt it IMO.

"I'm Onto You" did get radio play but that was the only stand out track on that album which really hurt it IMO.

The title-track was killer too.

I remember when the video came out for I'm Onto You all the guys bought Over The Edge back in high school and none of them really liked it...me included.

I remember when the video came out for I'm Onto You all the guys bought Over The Edge back in high school and none of them really liked it...me included.

I peronally love every song on that cd but it is my least favorite of the first 3 releases.

That "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah" thing in "I'm Onto You" always annoyed the piss outta me personally <_<

>> I know I shouldn't bring this band up with all the negative this band has had on this board lately but HURRICANE should of been huge as well on the Enigma label. I guess their sole efforts were toward Stryper. <<

Well, we did have this lil band called Poison that we spent a bit of attention on.

You shoulda spent that attention on Barren Cross instead of Poison. But that's just me. :lol:

>> I know I shouldn't bring this band up with all the negative this band has had on this board lately but HURRICANE should of been huge as well on the Enigma label. I guess their sole efforts were toward Stryper. <<

Well, we did have this lil band called Poison that we spent a bit of attention on.

You shoulda spent that attention on Barren Cross instead of Poison. But that's just me. :lol:

Backed..Or XYZ....

Backed..Or XYZ....

Or LAAZ ROCKIT.

Backed..Or XYZ....

Or LAAZ ROCKIT.

Or T.S.O.L

Backed..Or XYZ....

Or LAAZ ROCKIT.

Hell, or even Old Skull. ANYbody but Poison. :lol:

Backed..Or XYZ....

Or LAAZ ROCKIT.

Or T.S.O.L

Or Obession...now they shoulda been huge

Backed..Or XYZ....

Or LAAZ ROCKIT.

Or T.S.O.L

Backed On XYZ. :banger:

Backed..Or XYZ....

Or LAAZ ROCKIT.

Or T.S.O.L

Backed On XYZ. :banger:

Yeah XYZ...what happened there...damn those guys KICK ASS...Hungry is f*cking incredible..

I agree with XYZ for sure, but have to admit there's a few bands been mentioned lately in the last several pages who shouldn't have been signed in the first place and made way for bands with real potential like Friction or Inside Out. :) IMO, of course.