Hurricane - More reissues

heaven&hell

From Blabbermouth:

Caroline Records has announced the February 2 release of three classic remastered HURRICANE albums as Japanese-style mini-vinyl CDs, offering a scaled down replica of the original vinyl release in CD format, complete with inner sleeves!

HURRICANE burst out of the legendary mid-'80s L.A. scene and gained an instant following across the U.S., Europe, and Japan as masters of melodic metal. Their albums have been in demand and out of print since the early '90s.

QUIET RIOT's Kevin DuBrow introduced Robert Sarzo and Tony Cavazo in the early '80s, and they decided to form HURRICANE with singer Kelly Hansen and drummer Jay Schellen. Shortly thereafter they signed to Enigma Records.

Their initial EP, "Take What You Want", was never released on CD outside of Japan. It is expanded here to ten songs and includes the original cover art.

"Over The Edge" includes the top 40 radio hit "I'm On To You" and was produced by Mike Clink (GUNS N' ROSES) and executive-produced by Bob Ezrin (KISS, PINK FLOYD).

Their last album "Slave To The Thrill", restores the controversial withdrawn cover photo by John Scarpati.

All three physical releases are strictly limited. They will also be available digitally.

"Take What You Want" (originally released in 1985)

01. Take Me In Your Arms

02. The Girls Are Out Tonight

03. Take What You Want

04. Hurricane

05. It's Only Heaven

06. Hot And Heavy

07. I'm On To You

08. Baby Snakes

09. Over The Edge

10. La Luna

"Over The Edge" (originally released in 1988):

01. Over The Edge

02. I'm Eighteen

03. I'm On To You

04. Messin' With A Hurricane

05. Insane

06. We Are Strong

07. Spark In My Heart

08. Give Me An Inch

09. Shout

10. Baby Snakes

"Slave To The Thrill" (originally released in 1990):

01. Reign of Love

02. Next to You

03. Young Man

04. Dance Little Sister

05. Don't Wanna Dream

06. Temptation

07. 10,000 Years

08. In the Fire

09. Let It Slide

10. Lock Me Up

11. Smiles Like a Child

Take What You Want was never released outside of Japan? Since when?

-Dan

Yeah I think they're wrong on that one. :whistle:

I had a copy of TAKE WHAT YOU WANT on CD (traded it to Chocularok some time ago tho) and there wasn't a lick of Japanese anywhere on that disc. I call B.S. on that too.

On a related note, I didn't even know Caroline Records was still in business... :whistle:

All I've got to say is geez not another Hurricane re-issue. Just terrible.

Well here's the problem most of the people that would want Hurricane cds have already ordered the last reissue. Don't get me wrong it's awesome their getting released in the states and it's in a mini vinyl format and that's cool but it's almost been overkill of all of the Hurricane reissue news over the last year and a half.

Now if I happen to see these in a store I'll probably still buy them. :anon:

Are the Rameriaz Brothers involved in any way? :popcorn:

rumour has it that the rameriaz bros are the reason these hurricane reissues wont contain bonus material lol

Really? I had heard Lonnie won't give up the rights to them :)

Are the Rameriaz Brothers involved in any way? :popcorn:

rumour has it that the rameriaz bros are the reason these hurricane reissues wont contain bonus material lol

Really? I had heard Lonnie won't give up the rights to them :)

Awe SNAP!!!

So I am kinda lost with all this reissue stuff since its been going on so long. Have any of the Hurricane cds been reissued or remaster? Im on amazon now and see this Take What You Want [EXTRA TRACKS] [iMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED] being sold by 16 sellers. Label: Nl Distribution - Aug 17 2008

Over the Edge [iMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED] - Label: Nl Distribution - August 6 2008

Slave to the Thrill [EXPLICIT LYRICS] [iMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]

All show NI Distrubution

So what is all this

I just noticed that the Caroline is also there fro pre order

So I am kinda lost with all this reissue stuff since its been going on so long. Have any of the Hurricane cds been reissued or remaster? Im on amazon now and see this Take What You Want [EXTRA TRACKS] [iMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED] being sold by 16 sellers. Label: Nl Distribution - Aug 17 2008

Over the Edge [iMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED] - Label: Nl Distribution - August 6 2008

Slave to the Thrill [EXPLICIT LYRICS] [iMPORT] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]

All show NI Distrubution

So what is all this

I just noticed that the Caroline is also there fro pre order

The Caroline ones are getting released this week and those other ones are from EMI Germany but they have no bonus tracks. I have two of those EMI ones and they sound great but no notes from the band or extra tracks, the booklet does have lyrics though. The EMI are all with Jewel Cases and these newer Caroline releases are supposed to be mini vinyl.

• 2 years later...

Did anyone ever get any of these? I think I just bought the 'Take what you want' re-issue. I think. For all I know it could just as easy be the original, but I guess we'll wait and see when it arrives. :lol:

Did anyone ever get any of these? I think I just bought the 'Take what you want' re-issue. I think. For all I know it could just as easy be the original, but I guess we'll wait and see when it arrives. :lol:

I just bought the NL Records reissues(Take What You Want & Over the Edge).

I didn't get Slave to the Thrill since I had an original of that.