Salty Dog

martinsane

I have had this cassette tape of Salty Dog demos for about 20 years, I think I got it in the summer of '89. A gal I knew mailed it up from LA for me, said that I would love it and she was right! The quality is as you would expect from a demo tape that is 19 years old. There is some tape his, audio drops out for a couple of seconds at the beginning of song 2 and at the end of track 6 another song starts just as the track ends (damn roommates back in the day), but overall the quality is pretty damn good and you won't here/find these versions anywhere else.

Get it while it's hot!

Enjoy my friends!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GKD1O2C

Salty Dog-Bone Me Down (The Demos)

1. Strong Medication

2. Rock

3. Ring My Bell

4. Cats Got Nine

5. Jump Start

6. I Drank Too Much

come along got me hooked on the dog...great tune and these songs follow suit.

thanks

Hey Everybody!

This is Michael Hannon, glad to see someone is enjoying these, I am an idiot with a computer so I can't get em to work for me, but there was no song called "Rock",......many years and many beers have passed since this recording, so I can't remember what the correct song title is there.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy them.

If you're interested I have a new band (Ten Years Now!!) called American Dog, check us out at

www.americandoug.us

If you have an "Salty" questions feel free to e-mail me at our site, all the contact e-mails go directly to me.

Cheers!

come along got me hooked on the dog...great tune and these songs follow suit.

thanks

Hey Everybody!

This is Michael Hannon, glad to see someone is enjoying these, I am an idiot with a computer so I can't get em to work for me, but there was no song called "Rock",......many years and many beers have passed since this recording, so I can't remember what the correct song title is there.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy them.

If you're interested I have a new band (Ten Years Now!!) called American Dog, check us out at

www.americandoug.us

If you have an "Salty" questions feel free to e-mail me at our site, all the contact e-mails go directly to me.

Cheers!

Oops. :anon:

Sorry Michael and everyone here. Took a stab at the song title from the chorus. Like I said in the PM I sent to Michael, when I recieved this tape almost 20 years ago it was just a tape with a title on it. No sleeve, no artwork, no tracklists...nothing but some killer tunes on a memorex from an unknown LA rock band.

I hope you all still dig the tunes and maybe MH can shed a little more light on this piece of rock n roll history. :beerbang:

I have had this cassette tape of Salty Dog demos for about 20 years, I think I got it in the summer of '89. A gal I knew mailed it up from LA for me, said that I would love it and she was right! The quality is as you would expect from a demo tape that is 19 years old. There is some tape his, audio drops out for a couple of seconds at the beginning of song 2 and at the end of track 6 another song starts just as the track ends (damn roommates back in the day), but overall the quality is pretty damn good and you won't here/find these versions anywhere else.

Get it while it's hot!

Enjoy my friends!

1. Strong Medication

2. Rock

3. Ring My Bell

4. Cats Got Nine

5. Jump Start

6. I Drank Too Much

I'm digging these demos. Thanks Terry. :beerbang:

Could track 2 be called 'Face the Time'? That's what it sounds like he's saying.

Get it while it's hot!

Enjoy my friends!

1. Strong Medication

2. Rock

3. Ring My Bell

4. Cats Got Nine

5. Jump Start

6. I Drank Too Much

Could track 2 be called 'Face the Time'? That's what it sounds like he's saying.

I always thought he was singing "Rock makes us high!" So I shortened it "Rock", but anything is possible.

I've really enjoyed these. I'd go as far as saying more enjoyable than the Tora Tora doing the rounds now.

As I said at first listen. Stong Medication is a great song. Love it.

I am really glad everyone is enjoying them. :headbanger: Really enjoy the "demo" versions of "Cats Got Nine and Ring My Bell". Don't think I could pick a fave though. As I have always really enjoyed SD. My first CD.

Looks like being a packrat and a serious scrounge has its benefits. :)

Get it while it's hot!

Enjoy my friends!

1. Strong Medication

2. Rock

3. Ring My Bell

4. Cats Got Nine

5. Jump Start

6. I Drank Too Much

I always thought he was singing "Rock makes us high!" So I shortened it "Rock", but anything is possible.

At times it sounds like "Face the Time" which makes sense since he says 'take us back'(which could be in reference to time) but I also hear what your hearing "Rock makes us high". :unsure:

• 2 years later...

Anyone pick up the Bad Rep reissue of Every Dog? Features the following bonus tracks which are apparently pretty low quality:

Reissue Bonus Tracks:

14. Keep me Down (original demo)

15. Come Along (original demo)

16. The Bucket Song (unreleased demo)

17. Ring My Bell (original demo)

• 4 years later...