The Greatest Thrash/Speed Metal Band Ever

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In their prime Metallica was untouchable, now nobody even wants to touch them. I hope their legacy lies with the 80's, because from the mid 90's to now they are a sad testament to one of the greatest bands ever.

AMEN!

1. Metallica

2. Megadeth

3. Metal Church

4. Testament

And yeah, looks like Testament is winning the poll. Nobody can ever deny the greatness of The New Order. And Alex Skolnick! :banger:

Metallica is winning. :eek:

I loved everything they did up to The Black Album. They got worse every release after that.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Exodus; this band defined thrash metal in its purest form(at least during the eighties); folowed by Kreator, Death Angel, Megadeth, Overkill and Anthrax. Also, Pantera, Machine Head and Mercyful Fate have nothing to do on that list, imo ( and could be replaced for the better with Destruction, Agent Steel, Sabbat, Sodom or Whiplash).

My vote goes for:

1) FORBIDDEN - Forbidden Evil (Through Eyes of glasssssssssssssssss :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger: )

2) EXODUS - everything

3) TESTAMENT - The Legacy

Sorry!

I can't pick just one band. I would also include:

FAITH OR FEAR

DEVASTATION

CARNIVORE

D.R.I.

THE ACCUSED

CRUMBSUCKERS

MUCKY PUP (Early)

DOOMWATCH

GAMMACIDE

IRON ANGEL

RAZOR

DEPT OF CORRUPTION

Way to many to add. I also included some crossover bands.

Interesting that METALLICA won this poll, with TESTAMENT/OVERKILL in joint 2nd. Backs-up my view that the whole 'BIG 4' thrash thing in the 80's/90's was purely about album sales & not about fan opinion. ANTHRAX/MEGADETH/METALLICA/SLAYER may have sold more records than anyone else, but bands like OVERKILL/TESTAMENT/EXODUS were every bit as popular with the fans - not least for their consistency when the 'BIG 4' made shit albums in the 90's or lost their way....