Tyketto To Begin Recording With Original Line Up

Jeff

Haven't liked a second of Vaughn's solo career, but a new Tyketto CD genuinely excites me. Hope it turns out to be killer.

I've loved Danny's solo stuff but am totally looking forward to a Tyketto original lineup disc and am stoked that Brooke is involved as it would just be a Danny solo disc without him IMO.

Geoff how can you not like the "Fearless" disc???????????

The first album is a masterpiece, the second one just did not do it for me in any way :whistle:

Would love a new album in the vein of the first :tumbsup:

The first album is a masterpiece, the second one just did not do it for me in any way :whistle:

Would love a new album in the vein of the first :tumbsup:

Love both discs myself but agree the first is a masterpiece but the second one is very good IMO at least.

Brooke is an excellent guitarist. Nice to see them back together, hopefully they'll produce something great.

If anyone is looking for Tyketto's "Last Sunset" disc, autographed by all original members, or info for the other discs:

http://www.hardrockhouse.com/TheLastSunset.htm

I bought DV's last solo release from hardrockhouse.com and so I get these updates via email. 8 days to ship overseas to me here in little ol' Wisconsin...not too shabby.

None of the solo albums are offensively bad, just all painfully average. I just throw him in the pack with Joey Tempest, Mike Tramp etc. Great in their bands, but just bland on their own.

As for the debut being a masterpeice, let's not get crazy now folk. :lol: A handful of stunning, perfect songs on that CD but it's hard to overlook the fact that half the CD is filler. ;)

None of the solo albums are offensively bad, just all painfully average. I just throw him in the pack with Joey Tempest, Mike Tramp etc. Great in their bands, but just bland on their own.

As for the debut being a masterpeice, let's not get crazy now folk. :lol: A handful of stunning, perfect songs on that CD but it's hard to overlook the fact that half the CD is filler. ;)

Either you're deaf or what Aussies call "Filler" translates to "Perfection" is other languages. :nyanya:

Either you're deaf or what Aussies call "Filler" translates to "Perfection" is other languages. :nyanya:

Really? So the US release didn't have these tracks on it?

Seasons

Lay Your Body Down

Walk on Fire

Nothing But Love

Strip Me Down

Sail Away

What 6 "perfect" songs does your version have instead, and can you send me the MP3s? ;)

Seasons

Lay Your Body Down

Walk on Fire

Nothing But Love

Strip Me Down

Sail Away

Yup those are the perfect six songs I was talking about. :beerbang:

Seriously you don't like the awesomeness of "Seasons", "Nothing But Love" and "Sail Away"?

Seasons

Lay Your Body Down

Walk on Fire

Nothing But Love

Strip Me Down

Sail Away

Seriously you don't like the awesomeness of "Seasons", "Nothing But Love" and "Sail Away"?

Yeah, those 3 are the best of that bunch and to be totally honest I don't hate those songs. Sure wouldn't label any of them as great, though. As I've said before, for me the quality of the 4 songs not mentioned is enough to bring this album above the average mark because they are just about as good as it gets. But I just couldn't even try to call this entire CD a masterpeice or anything close to it because there are far too many average or below average tunes on it. :)

Seasons

Lay Your Body Down

Walk on Fire

Nothing But Love

Strip Me Down

Sail Away

Yeah, those 3 are the best of that bunch and to be totally honest I don't hate those songs. Sure wouldn't label any of them as great, though. As I've said before, for me the quality of the 4 songs not mentioned is enough to bring this album above the average mark because they are just about as good as it gets. But I just couldn't even try to call this entire CD a masterpeice or anything close to it because there are far too many average or below average tunes on it. :)

Different tastes I guess since I've mentioned many times before I adore every tune on that disc and rate it way way above your beloved Treat, but that's just my tastes.

The debut is a great disc IMO, the only 2 songs that I never ripped to my computer were Lay Your Body Down and Strip Me Down. They are just ok for me.

I may be in the minority but I really liked Strength In Numbers almost as must as the debut with Rescue Me, Write Your Name In The Sky, Meet Me In The Night and The Last Sunset being the stand outs for me.

The debut is a great disc IMO, the only 2 songs that I never ripped to my computer were Lay Your Body Down and Strip Me Down. They are just ok for me.

I may be in the minority but I really liked Strength In Numbers almost as must as the debut with Rescue Me, Write Your Name In The Sky, Meet Me In The Night and The Last Sunset being the stand outs for me.

'Strength in numbers' is probably a more consistent album that the debut, but it's just missing the real killers that the debut had. I do love 'Rescue me' and 'Meet me in the night.' Though that one always pissed me off. 'Burning down inside' off the debut should have been as good as the first two songs if not for the shithouse drumming in the chorus, and then rather than learning from their mistakes they do it again with what should easily have been the best song on 'Strength in numbers.' I really don't understand purposely tarnishing two otherwise perfect songs.

Well I'm always hesitant when band I really admire record again after such a long period.

I like a mixture of Danny's stuff but for me his best work is definately Tyketto, praying they don't release an 'average' album I don't want them to be like Lillian Axe who I thought every cd was amazing and then release just some "ok" sounding album(s).

I'm so glad Brooke's on board I think he was a big part to the sound, as Dannys solo stuff was definately lacking something.

Back to the Axe, melodic happier Lillian Axe would be amazing on cd again :bananamac:

Anyway about to listen to 7th Heaven - "Better this way", for the 10001 time :bananamac:

Talking to Danny today and he said that it probably wont be out til next year, and has no idea what it will sound like, but it will probably be a mixture of classic sound mixed with a more modern sound.

Apparently they already have 8 songs that they like.

I'm kind of with you there Geoff but the strongs songs of the album is some of the best songs from that time. Forever young is one of the best songs melodic rock songs ever written IMO. It doesn't really matters if you have a couple of fillers here and there it is still a very strong album since the good songs are so freakin good.

Well I'm always hesitant when band I really admire record again after such a long period.

I like a mixture of Danny's stuff but for me his best work is definately Tyketto, praying they don't release an 'average' album I don't want them to be like Lillian Axe who I thought every cd was amazing and then release just some "ok" sounding album(s).

I see your point and it's like that with movies too. When they said they were releasing a 4th Indiana Jones I just groaned...and rightfully so. Same thing for the Star Wars. The 3rd of the "new" movies had some redemption for #1 and #2 but overall they wrecked a good thing. "midichlorians"? Are you f*ckin' kidding me? I just have to pretend those never existed.

So here's to Danny and Tyketto coming up with strong effort that maybe we will see in 2011. :beerbang:

• 1 month later...

This is the best news I have heard in 2010! Nothing they do will be anything less thn awesome! Just for the record on Fearless...it's my favorite non Tyketto album by far.

This is the best news I have heard in 2010! Nothing they do will be anything less thn awesome! Just for the record on Fearless...it's my favorite non Tyketto album by far.

Fearless is great especially the first five songs but I think I might even like Traveler just as much.