09 Releases

phaffas

From Melodicrock.com

"Stan Bush has started the writing and pre-production sessions of his new album together with his partner in crime Holger Fath. “I want to make sure the songs are great, so that we have an amazing album. In This Life was a wonderful album, and it will be very hard to beat. But Holger and I are ready to make the best Stan Bush album ever and what we have so far sounds really promising”, said Stan. Release is pencilled for the second half of 2009.

Jorn started in November the first recording sessions for the follow up to the highly acclaimed Lonely Are The Brave album, a record which entered the national charts in Norway at # 28 and Sweden on # 42. The plan is to finish with the sessions within January and mix in February in order to release the new album exactly one year after the predecessor. More info shall be released in the coming weeks.

Jaded Heart are busy in the recording studio, under the direction of Chris Lausmann (Railway, Affair, Frontline, Bonfire) for the production of the follow up to acclaimed Sinister Mind album. “There will be 11-12 songs on the new record” says drummer Axel Kruse, “the style is perfectly in line with what we have done on “Sinister” but… just better!”. Pontus Norgren of Hammerfall will be special guest on the album and has written a song for the band. Release date is scheduled for spring / summer 09.

Scandinavian Power Metallers Saint Deamon entered the studio in December to record the follow up album to the critically acclaimed In Shadows Lost From the Brave. “This album is going to bring Saint Deamon to the top!” says drummer and composer Ronny Milanowicz. “It's sophisticated aggression, like Painkiller of Judas Priest, but with our melodies to it”. The band plans to deliver the master within the end of Winter for a release planned in the summer 2009.

Bruno Ravel has sent an update on the recording of the brand new Danger Danger album: “Ted has completed 5 basic vocal tracks and will be returning in a few weeks to sing some more. We plan to finish all the recording in January and then we will finally start to mix!”. Release is tentatively planned for April/May.

Brothers Robbie and Brian LaBlanc have completed the recording sessions of their new Blanc Faces album. Songs that will appear on the album (in no particular order) include: Goodbye Summer, I Come Alive, Don't Take It Away, Like A Believer, Fly, Light In The World, Deep In The Heart, I Swear to You, Everything, It's All About Love, Falling From the Moon, I Will. Dennis Ward is currently mixing the last batch of songs. Fans can expect a perfect follow up album to the self titled release of 2005, with great melodies and the magnificent voice of Robbie LaBlanc starring on all the tracks. Frontiers plans to release the record in the spring 09.

British Melodic Hard Rock combo Praying Mantis has finally completed the songwriting sessions for the new album to be entitled Threshold of a Dream and has been busy in the recording sessions in Atlanta, USA in the past few weeks. Songs recorded include: “Threshold of a Dream”, “Sanctuary”, “Broken Chain” “Touch The Rainbow”, “Turn The Tide”; “Tears In The Rain”, “Restless”, “Heart In Time”, “So High”, “Playing God” and “Highway”. The new songs once again present the familiar blend of the Hard Rock edge with very melodic "hookline" choruses that have always been an essential trade mark of Mantis, still there will be a couple of epic numbers to complete the lot. Frontiers hopes to release the album in the in the first half of 2009.

Terje Eide and his gang are finishing the recording session of On The Rise second album. The mix sessions have been booked for end January/early February and the band plans to deliver the final master in mid February. For 2009 fans can finally expect to hear a great follow up to the now mighty Self-Titled debut album released in 2003."

Jorn working on a new album already?! Seriously does he have at least 1 new release every year?! And whats the bet it will sound... EXACTLY the same!

Jaded Heart - i like the "“Sinister Mind” but… just better!”." - DUH! that wouldnt be hard!

If Saint Deamon can develop further what they did on the debut it should be huge!

All great bands and I'm looking forward to hearing all of those releases. You're right about Jorn though, seems like he's trying to set a record for the most albums in the shortest time period.

All great bands and I'm looking forward to hearing all of those releases. You're right about Jorn though, seems like he's trying to set a record for the most albums in the shortest time period.

Which is a good thing, but hopefully people wont get sick of his music...... honestly... i have a bit..

I am dying to hear the new Danger Danger album and also really looking forward to the new Blanc Faces and Jaded Heart discs.

On The Rise should be good too - that was a really good debut. I'm sure the Stan Bush album will be fine, but it's just Stan Bush. Same with Jorn. It'll be a good album, like the rest. But neither of them will be spectacular.

I am dying to hear the new Danger Danger album and also really looking forward to the new Blanc Faces and Jaded Heart discs.

On The Rise should be good too - that was a really good debut. I'm sure the Stan Bush album will be fine, but it's just Stan Bush. Same with Jorn. It'll be a good album, like the rest. But neither of them will be spectacular.

d2 is definately my most desired on par with the next treat & bad habit ....... as doubt there'd be a marchello / vestry in 2009 ..

d2 is definately my most desired on par with the next treat & bad habit ....... as doubt there'd be a marchello / vestry in 2009 ..

Yeah, I'd have to say they're my most 3 desired at the moment too. Any news on the Treat one? Why is it being kept so quiet, or am I just not looking in the right places?

I guess Wig Wam are due for a new CD too, aren't they? Would LOVE to hear that too.

Yeah, I'd have to say they're my most 3 desired at the moment too. Any news on the Treat one? Why is it being kept so quiet, or am I just not looking in the right places?

I guess Wig Wam are due for a new CD too, aren't they? Would LOVE to hear that too.

isn't it incredible how our musical tastes are like identical twins here & there... & turn ugly opposite on other parts of the board :whistle:

Wig Wam are definately due, I guess it will be out around May. In January there is gping to be a solo-albm from Age Sten Nilsen (aka Glam), which could turn out to be stunning as well...

D2 is something that I am looking forward to.

The Laine fronted albums were great, where as some of Poleys stuff has been hit or miss, so I am hoping that teamed with D2 again, they can reignite the fire under him!

If the new Jaded Heart CD is like Sinister mind, only better, then I am all for it, as Sinister mind was a great album!

From Melodicrock.com

"Stan Bush has started the writing and pre-production sessions of his new album together with his partner in crime Holger Fath. “I want to make sure the songs are great, so that we have an amazing album. In This Life was a wonderful album, and it will be very hard to beat. But Holger and I are ready to make the best Stan Bush album ever and what we have so far sounds really promising”, said Stan. Release is pencilled for the second half of 2009.

I am looking forward to this. In This Life was a great effort.

Alex