Defcon - Silver Press

Mullethead

Anyone know why this is taking so long. I have e-mailed Sam twice and both replies were "in two weeks". Problem is that the first e-mail was sent almost two months ago. Just curious...I really want this cd!

Also, what is the updated list of silver press RR releases & what is coming soon?

Thanks!

JL

Seriously , it will be ready soon.

[edited to remove unprovoked bash of a competitior -Dan]

Thanks for the response. Can you answer the other questions also please?

Thanks for your time!

JL

Are you asking what is coming soon in general or just silver discs?

Any info you want to give out, but especially silver.

Thanks Again

JL

Well , here's a general release schedule (silver discs haven't been decided yet)

Defcon WILL be silver

Tainted Angel (will most likely be silver)

Herman Ze German and Friends WILL be silver

Mariah '3' WILL be silver

Weapons (2 different titles include bonus dvd's)

Oney (unreleased 2nd album)

Alleyrat

4 more Herazz albums (1985 + 1989 + 1997 + 1999)

Saylor

The Purple Gang

AZ.U.R.

Sharx

Pecora

Axtion (live album with possible dvd)

Lazzeri (2 solo albums from Axtion guitarist)

Dalmon

Intrinsic

Jester (Canadian band - follow-up to self-titled already on Retrospect)

Nasty Black

Slam Savvy

Wild August (2 albums)

Tyger Tyger (features members of Roxx Gang and Intice - plus 3 solo albums from the lead singer)

Intice (unreleased album)

STIT

Savage Innocence

Valentino

RPM (2 cd set s/t + Phonogenic - digitally remastered from original tapes)

That's all for right now but there are dozens more contracts pending....

200 releases by the end of the year. Amazing.

Well , here's a general release schedule (silver discs haven't been decided yet)

Defcon WILL be silver

Tainted Angel (will most likely be silver)

Herman Ze German and Friends WILL be silver

Mariah '3' WILL be silver

Weapons (2 different titles include bonus dvd's)

Oney (unreleased 2nd album)

Alleyrat

2 more Herazz albums (1985 + 1989)

Saylor

The Purple Gang

AZ.U.R.

Sharx

Pecora

Axtion (live album with possible dvd)

Lazzeri (2 solo albums from Axtion guitarist)

Dalmon

Intrinsic

Jester (Canadian band - follow-up to self-titled already on Retrospect)

Nasty Black

Slam Savvy

Wild August (2 albums)

Tyger Tyger (features members of Roxx Gang and Intice - plus 3 solo albums from the lead singer)

Intice (unreleased album)

STIT

Savage Innocence

Valentino

RPM (2 cd set s/t + Phonogenic - digitally remastered from original tapes)

That's all for right now but there are dozens more contracts pending....

200 releases by the end of the year. Amazing.

Wow, wild august is awesome! I hope those are silver...

JL

Sullivan Bigg was in Wild August. That particular song is not getting a release so it's probably not the same band.

I guess your right. The band I have is from New York. Thanks for the info.

One more question for you. Who's the singer on the Strikeforce cd?

Sullivan Bigg was in Wild August. That particular song is not getting a release so it's probably not the same band.

Well , Wild August is definitely from NY

The singer on Strikeforce is Travis Wyant

Well , Wild August is definitely from NY

The singer on Strikeforce is Travis Wyant

I was hoping that was Travis. I saw them open for Dokken in 98' when they had Reb Beech. Strikeforce were really good. I have the single for Into the Sun/Borrowed Time that was produced by Ken Hensley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really do apologize for the wait on the Defcon release. It's a long story why it took so long (mostly due to my Graphic Design artist who sometimes can't get his shit together) but I guarantee you this will be worth the wait. I am uploading the art files right now to the production factory and this title will be available within 10-14 days.

I am just as anxious to get this puppy out as you are to hear it. I already have 450 pre-orders so the first 1,000 will go fast.

Thanks guys , after you get the disc I hope it will make your TOP 5 re-issue list of 2006!!!

Sam

• Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake project (deluxe in book pack with comic)
    • They always have at least a handfull of good songs on each album, I'm not overwhelmed by those first two singles though. Jesper Binzer's (vocalist) solo record "Dying is Easy" from 2017, is better than every D-A-D realease post "Everything Glows" imo.
    • From Escape Music: Escape Music has the pleasure to announce the re-release of much-loved vocalist Bob Catley (Magnum/Avantasia) the“ The Tower “album on Vinyl and CD with new artwork by Rodney Matthews The Vinyl will be double Vinyl limited edition of 500 copies only, “Camouflage Green” and “Green Transparent” colour, all will be numbered 1-500, 180g Audiophile Vinyl, and 1000 CDs only all will be numbered 001 to 1000 Bob Catley – The Tower Release Date: 20th September 2024 CD Catalogue No: ESM390 CD Bar Code: 5031281003904 Vinyl catalogue No: ESMV1021 Vinyl Barcode: 5031281010216 Musicians are: Bob Catley: Lead vocals and Backing Vocals Gary Hughes: Keyboards,Bass Guitar andBacking Vocals (ten/solo) Vinny Burns: Guitars (Dare/ten/Ultravox) Greg Morgan: Drums (ten) Recorded at Startrack Studios,Manchester. Additional Engineering by Neil Amison at Startrack and Tim at Gracieland. Mixed and engineered by Ray Brophy. at Gracieland, Rochdale. Mastered by John Blamire at The Digital Audio Company. Vinyl: Side A 01. Dreams 6:46 02. Scream 7:35 03. Far Away 6:03 Side B 01. Deep Winter 5:27 02. Fire And Ice 5:36 03. Madrigal 6:45 Side C 01. Steel 4:59 02. The Tower 6:33 03. Fear of the Dark 6:31 04. Epilogue (instrumental) 1:54 Side D 01. Just Like an Arrow (live) 3:53 02. Lonely Night (live) 3:59 03. On a Storyteller’s Night (live) 4:48 CD: 01. Dreams 6:46 02. Scream 7:35 03. Far Away 6:03 05. Deep Winter 5:27 06. Fire And Ice 5:36 07. Madrigal 6:45 08. Steel 4:59 09. The Tower 6:33 10. Fear of the Dark 6:31 11. Epilogue (instrumental) 1:54 Bonus: 01. Just Like an Arrow (live) 3:53 02. Lonely Night (live) 3:59 03. On a Storyteller’s Night (live) 4:48
    • Legendary - pedestrian modern country song which Jon is unable to elevate due to vocal limitations. A weak song made even worse by the inclusion of unnecessary/annoying whoa's.   We Made It Look Easy - another modern country song, I don't mind this one, it's pleasant enough but the song never really elevates   Living Proof - a rare up tempo song, this one has a good chorus probably the best chorus from Jon in almost 20 years, the weak vocals prevent it from being an anthem, and I don't like the talkbox on the song, I know Jon has become allergic to guitars but he shouldn't have buried the riff with the talkbox.   Waves - I don't mind it, another pleasant country song but jon does sound awful on the bridge. Seeds - bores me to tears Kiss the Bride - poor Stephanie. The People's House - does nothing for me Walls of Jericho - harmless and catchy, I don't mind it. I Wrote You a Song - decent melody, I don't mind it. Living in Paradise - milquetoast My First Guitar - Jon is in love with his first guitar, but as mentioned before Jon has become allergic to guitars so this song is kind of ironic. Another song I find a chore to get through. Interesting he should mention Kiss as their song Forever is much better than anything on this album.   Hollow Man - can't stand this singer/songwriter crap jon does, a hard pass. That Was Then, This Is Now - another boring modern country song, with vocals flatter than a pancake.                                                
    • Album out August 23rd. From Frontiers: During Jon Anderson’s 39-year Rock and Roll Hall of Fame career as the lead vocalist of YES, he was seen as one of the leading proponents of the Progressive Rock movement. During his tenure with YES, he recorded 19 studio albums and multiple live albums, many of which have been certified gold and platinum. Albums such as The “YES” album, “Fragile”, “Close to the Edge”, “Tales of Topographic Oceans”, and “90125” remain classic albums to this day. Songs such as “Roundabout”, “Yours is No Disgrace”, “And You and I”, “Going for the One”, “Awaken”, and “Owner of a Lonely Heart” were staples on Active Rock radio throughout the 70’s and 80’s. While still a member of YES, Jon released multiple solo records and collaborations, the most noteworthy being his 4 albums with Greek composer Vangelis Upon leaving YES in 2008, Jon continued releasing multiple solo records and collaborations. In 2023, after connecting with a group of New York musicians called The Band Geeks, Jon embarked on a summer of 2023 tour performing 2 hours of YES epics and classics. With The Band Geeks, Jon found a group of musicians that he felt could collaborate with him to create a body of work that rivaled the classic YES sound of the 70’s and 80’s. The result of this collaboration is “True”, Jon’s debut album for Frontiers Records. The 9-song album harkens back to the sound of classic YES and features compositions of all lengths with the centerpiece being the 16 minute song “Once Upon a Dream”. Jon and The Band Geeks will be supporting the new album with extensive touring TRACKLIST: 1. True Messenger 2. Shine On 3. Counties And Countries 4. Build Me An Ocean 5. Still A Friend 6. Make It Right 7. Realization Part Two 8. Once Upon A Dream 9. Thank God      
    • I used to listen to their '89 and '91 albums a lot but every try to get used to their newer outputs didn't work. Now I took some time again to listen to their last few albums and somehow I started loving them. Not every song but 70-80% on each album, which is quite a lot. I'm very excited for "Speed of Darkness". The first two songs are good (not as good as my favourites on the last albums, though but a good start). In "The ghost" I sometimes feel like the voice is a bit late here and there, which is something that I notice pretty often recently. Don't know why that happens (e.g. the new Kissin Dynamite songs, Autumn's child the last two albums, Lordi sometimes on the last album). I hope it's only in that song.
    • Holy shit. Get with the fuckin' times!            I also wanna know.
    • Ya I bought the cassettes of them when they came out & I still have them but I played the first one so much the tape got funny ...lol. The CD's sound good.
    • Not bad,I will say its created an earworm in me ,but they have a few songs like this now ,some tts42572 pointed out and not long ago we got Kick which had similar leanings,I get it thats what they grew up on etc and I suppose they can always just do what they like,I'd personally prefer they did new stuff in the vein of All Time High/Gimme A Kiss but they are in their 60's now so I'm just glad they're still around,have been my favourite band since I was about 7 or 8.
    • Not the rocking 80's Def Leppard but I still like that tune.  Very much in the style of their more "glam" songs and sounds like a mixture of C'Mon C'Mon and Back In Your Face. From a recent interview I saw with Rick Savage, sounds like an album is in the works and he said they're aiming to have it out in 2025.  Not sure if this song will be on it or not.  Hopefully it does as the OCD in me likes having songs find proper places on albums and not just floating around on their own as singles   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.