Def Leppard exclusive at walmart

from melodicrock.com:

DEF LEPPARD EXCLUSIVE FOR WALMART SHOPPERS:

Def Leppard have signed a deal with US mass retailer Wal Mart to offer an exclusive EP release to accompany the Yeah! album. Both releases are due out May 23 and are sold separately. The Yeah! album remains comprised of the 14 tracks previously stated, but the exclusive EP - also titled Yeah! - features the following tracks:

1. American Girl 2. Backstage Interview #1 3. Search & Destroy 4. Backstage Interview #2 5. Space Oddity 6. Backstage Interview #3 7. Dear Friends 8. Heartbeat.

These extra tracks are the ones the band spoke of after the original set of 14 songs were revealed right here. The original recording artists are:

American Girl (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers), Heartbeat (Jobriath), So Dear Friends (Queen), Search & Destroy (Iggy & The Stooges), Space Oddity (David Bowie).

WebLink to the EP: www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4965390.

does anyone know if Walmart do international orders? whats the pricing like?

from melodicrock.com:

DEF LEPPARD EXCLUSIVE FOR WALMART SHOPPERS:

Def Leppard have signed a deal with US mass retailer Wal Mart to offer an exclusive EP release to accompany the Yeah! album. Both releases are due out May 23 and are sold separately. The Yeah! album remains comprised of the 14 tracks previously stated, but the exclusive EP - also titled Yeah! - features the following tracks:

1. American Girl 2. Backstage Interview #1 3. Search & Destroy 4. Backstage Interview #2 5. Space Oddity 6. Backstage Interview #3 7. Dear Friends 8. Heartbeat.

These extra tracks are the ones the band spoke of after the original set of 14 songs were revealed right here. The original recording artists are:

American Girl (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers), Heartbeat (Jobriath), So Dear Friends (Queen), Search & Destroy (Iggy & The Stooges), Space Oddity (David Bowie).

WebLink to the EP: www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4965390.

does anyone know if Walmart do international orders? whats the pricing like?

By posting this here, are you saying Walmart is a good or bad trader/seller? :butt:

what are your thoughts on it Dan?

It's not bad... nothing stellar, but for $5.88 it's hard to go wrong. The interview snippets are about as useless as tits on a bull. The song choices, well I can see why most of these were left off the main album, although Space Oddity is a longtime favorite. Not sure why it didn't make the main album.

The covers are executed faithfully, almost too faithfully... nothing that sets them apart from the originals.

It gets an ultimate shrug from me...

-Dan

Still the same, faithful is still better than "butchered" ;)

anyone??? :)

Anybody offer to help ya yet? If not i can pick it up for ya and sent it to ya, if the wal-mart here has it. As long as postage is;nt too high, any ideas on shipping charges from the us to austrailia?

I think I paid like 4 and change last time I shipped a package to Geoff. I shipped probably twice the weight too.

anyone??? :)

Anybody offer to help ya yet? If not i can pick it up for ya and sent it to ya, if the wal-mart here has it. As long as postage is;nt too high, any ideas on shipping charges from the us to austrailia?

I think I paid like 4 and change last time I shipped a package to Geoff. I shipped probably twice the weight too.

Yeah, I don't think when I shipped to Geoff that it was all that expensive either.

This is from Blabbermouth.net

DEF LEPPARD's all-covers album, "Yeah!", has entered the U.K. chart at No. 52 — the worst chart showing of the band's career, according to the data provided by Rockdetector.com. The following are the first-week U.K. chart positions for all DEF LEPPARD releases going back to 1980:

"Yeah!" (2006) - #52

"X" (2002) - #14

"Euphoria" (1999) - #11

"Slang" (1996) - #5

"Retroactive" (1993) - #6

"Adrenalize" (1992) - #1

"Hysteria" (1987) - #1

"Pyromania" (1983) - #18

"High n' Dry" (1981) - #26

"On Through The Night" (1980) - #15

"Yeah!" is said to be "a heartfelt and hard-rocking tribute" to DEF LEPPARD's musical heroes of the late '60s and '70s — THE KINKS, BADFINGER, T. REX, DAVID BOWIE, SWEET, ROXY MUSIC, MOTT THE HOOPLE, FREE, FACES, and THIN LIZZY.

DEF LEPPARD kick off a short European tour on June 3, after which they'll hook up with JOURNEY for a three-month-long North American tour that starts June 23 in Camden, New Jersey.

For a full DEF LEPPARD history and discography with chart positions, visit Rockdetector.com.