ESPN people

hsf

Who annoys the F&%k out of you the most?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sitting here, just having finished watching Around the Horn. I can't say how much I despise Tony Reali. I'm ready to say "I hope he gets hit by the 'My 15 minutes are over' train." And then I start thinking........... how many people at ESPN really DO suck? It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than don't suck.

Some above may be more tolerable than others. Some might not suck at all, but I just needed someone to fill space (and to theoretically be fair because everyone has different tastes). Please feel free to pick from off the boards. I'm definitely not a poll nazi. (Especially since I may not even have set it up correctly!)

Don't want to spend too much time hating, but I really can't stand a lot of people on this channel (which isn't good considering I spend so much time on the networks when my television is on).

Interested to hear others' opinions. Thanks to those that share.

I went with Peter Gammons - that man knows so much about baseball.

I chose Michael Irvin for the former players

Was there two Michael Irvins up there?

OOPS! I KNEW I'd mess this poll up one way or another. I mean, uhhhhhhhh, I hate him so bad, I felt he needed 2 listings up there. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, that's the ticket! :anon:

(Best part? They EACH got a vote!)

I went with Peter Gammons - that man knows so much about baseball.

I chose Michael Irvin for the former players

Was there two Michael Irvins up there?

OOPS! I KNEW I'd mess this poll up one way or another. I mean, uhhhhhhhh, I hate him so bad, I felt he needed 2 listings up there. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, that's the ticket! :anon:

(Best part? They EACH got a vote!)

I guess his personality is so big he does deserve two listings. Or one listing for each time he's been arrested on drug charges. :P

Listened to part of Cold Pizza again this morning. I'm wondering if Skip Bayless should have gotten my vote.

Then again, for me, there are SOOOOOOOOOO many to hate. It's just that it's a different one all the time.

I went with Stephen A. Smith (I don't really care for that smug, never wrong attitude) with Bayliss second. For athletes I went with Michael Irvin with Michael Irvin a very close second. ;) I can see the dislike for Salisbury though. When he first started he was a run of the mill fact sheet but over the last couple of years I guess he has decided to turn it up a notch (or four).

I went with Stephen A. Smith (I don't really care for that smug, never wrong attitude) with Bayliss second. For athletes I went with Michael Irvin with Michael Irvin a very close second. ;) I can see the dislike for Salisbury though. When he first started he was a run of the mill fact sheet but over the last couple of years I guess he has decided to turn it up a notch (or four).

I agree with the reasoning on Smith. Bayliss is just an IDIOT, though!

Irvin (either or both!) is an idiot, but Sean Salisbury's "God complex" bothers me (probably why I picked him with Smith). That and he thinks he's SOOOOOOOO cool when he (in his mind anyway) puts down John Clayton. To borrow from Denny "who couldn't look good next to Hermey the elf?!" (You know, the elf from "Rudolph TRNR" who wants to be a dentist? Think about it, look at them, compare!)

Anyone watching the mock draft on ESPN right now?

Sean Salisbury is proving himself to be "King Penis" again. Regardless of whether he actually believed the draft to go this way or whether he's just agreeing with all the beat writers, he's being his normal assinine self.

Can you tell who I voted for (if you haven't already read the post where I said it)?

(PS - Why can't the regular draft's first round move at at least HALF this speed? It would STILL be quicker than it is right now!)

Oh, and my brother was ready to drive up from Texas and whoop my ass because I forgot to put Tim Kirkjian in the list of ESPN "personalities". (He definitely should have been in ahead of people like Steve Phillips and Jay Crawford.

Anyone watching the mock draft on ESPN right now?

Sean Salisbury is proving himself to be "King Penis" again. Regardless of whether he actually believed the draft to go this way or whether he's just agreeing with all the beat writers, he's being his normal assinine self.

Can you tell who I voted for (if you haven't already read the post where I said it)?

(PS - Why can't the regular draft's first round move at at least HALF this speed? It would STILL be quicker than it is right now!)

Oh, and my brother was ready to drive up from Texas and whoop my ass because I forgot to put Tim Kirkjian in the list of ESPN "personalities". (He definitely should have been in ahead of people like Steve Phillips and Jay Crawford.

I agree Tim knows his stuff. I agree with the draft being to slow. Do they really need 15 minutes to make their pick?

• 4 weeks later...

WOAH! Who's this little Alex Flanigan girl? First time I've seen her (how have I never seen her or forgotten that I did), but, she's a little cutie!

4cb4.jpg

WOAH! Who's this little Alex Flanigan girl? First time I've seen her (how have I never seen her or forgotten that I did), but, she's a little cutie!

4cb4.jpg

I just saw her for the first time (this evening actually) and thought whoa! She is a cutie that's for sure. Only thing was she blinked about 3700 times while doing her report. :blink:

• 3 months later...

Watching Cold Pizza right now. Woody is pretty lame, especially in attempts to vociferously make a point, but I really can't stand Skip Bayless. If I had a ton of money, I would buy ESPN just so I could fire his stupid ass. That's how much I don't like him. Sadly, there's not much better on, so I'm still watching, but, whether I pass by or am stuck watching him, his voice and his stupid points just grate on my nerves SO bad.

I'd really like to see him get a permanant (or at least extended to the point that ESPN let him go) hoarse throat.

• 3 months later...

I always watch Sunday NFL Countdown every Sunday monring, particularly necessary with 3 fantasy teams (all in the playoffs, although admittedly, only 2 are cared about).

Anyway, I was wondering; are there any maladies I could wish upon Michael Irving that would totally not affect any other aspect of his life (so I wouldn't have someone say "How could you wish that upon another human being?"), but that would necessitate him not being on television anymore? I can't stand that guy. His loud, boisterous personality turned me off to him on the field (even before any of the drug charges). (Then again, he is a product of the U, so, he's been bred to be an asshole.)

He's certainly let his personality take over on the set as well. I hate Chris Berman. He might be the flagship character of ESPN, but he needs an "I'm a douchebag" flag planted in his ass. I'm not a big fan of Jackson. He can be good, but he's always got someone there to get him off-track and be a penile implant. Jaws used to be OK, but, he's trying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard to "fit in" to the ESPN culture ("scream and be an idiot"). And Ditka, he kinda doesn't fit in, which is cool. It's a little too fast-paced for him. Which is cool. But, Irvin definitely takes over and dominates the annoying airways like nobody's business. If I didn't need updates for any last minute lineup changes, I wouldn't watch. (I don't know how good the network coverages are either because I rarely give them a chance. Maybe I need to.... ASAP!)

I always watch Sunday NFL Countdown every Sunday monring, particularly necessary with 3 fantasy teams (all in the playoffs, although admittedly, only 2 are cared about).

Anyway, I was wondering; are there any maladies I could wish upon Michael Irving that would totally not affect any other aspect of his life (so I wouldn't have someone say "How could you wish that upon another human being?"), but that would necessitate him not being on television anymore? I can't stand that guy. His loud, boisterous personality turned me off to him on the field (even before any of the drug charges). (Then again, he is a product of the U, so, he's been bred to be an asshole.)

He's certainly let his personality take over on the set as well. I hate Chris Berman. He might be the flagship character of ESPN, but he needs an "I'm a douchebag" flag planted in his ass. I'm not a big fan of Jackson. He can be good, but he's always got someone there to get him off-track and be a penile implant. Jaws used to be OK, but, he's trying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard to "fit in" to the ESPN culture ("scream and be an idiot"). And Ditka, he kinda doesn't fit in, which is cool. It's a little too fast-paced for him. Which is cool. But, Irvin definitely takes over and dominates the annoying airways like nobody's business. If I didn't need updates for any last minute lineup changes, I wouldn't watch. (I don't know how good the network coverages are either because I rarely give them a chance. Maybe I need to.... ASAP!)

I agree......hate the guy with a passion..and I try REAL hard not to watch that show....

I agree......hate the guy with a passion..and I try REAL hard not to watch that show....

Sounds like something I should do or would do, if I was smart. (Then again, no one ever accused.............. )

It's probably just because you're better at fantasy football than I.

• 1 year later...

We've been talking a lot about announcers lately, so I thought I'd bring this back up.

(That and I felt the need to say a big :2up: to ESPN for getting Keyshawn Johnson now that Michael Irvin is gone. On NFL Gameday, he had to be sure to throw in a comment about the OSU/USC game. Regardless of the fact that I hate listening to him, I never had a thing against him until now. Thankfully, he showed how big a 'tard he is when he tried to read the teleprompter and couldn't say New Orleans to save his life. I smiled.

And I can't remember who else messed up and I wanted to talk about. But, I'm already to rant again against ESPN and their stupid personalities.

**Oh wait! I remembered! It was Emmitt Smith! There was a feature segment on the Pats w/o Brady. And he started talking and repeatedly for a couple minutes, while he was the one breaking down film/the situation, he kept referring to him as "Matt Hassel". The nice thing would be to believe it was a joke, like "Matt Hassle" or something, but I think it pretty much was not knowing/caring about this 2nd tier guy and getting confused with Cassel and Hasslebeck. As SOON as someone got to get in a word edgewise, something was said about the new quarterback "Matt Cassel".

*** Keyshawn said something again about USC beating OSU as they went off the air and the rest of the crew was like "Give it up already.". I can't wait until they lose to someone even LESS suspected than OSU would've been if they had won. I wonder what he'll say at that point. Jagoff!

We've been talking a lot about announcers lately, so I thought I'd bring this back up.

(That and I felt the need to say a big :2up: to ESPN for getting Keyshawn Johnson now that Michael Irvin is gone. On NFL Gameday, he had to be sure to throw in a comment about the OSU/USC game. Regardless of the fact that I hate listening to him, I never had a thing against him until now. Thankfully, he showed how big a 'tard he is when he tried to read the teleprompter and couldn't say New Orleans to save his life. I smiled.

And I can't remember who else messed up and I wanted to talk about. But, I'm already to rant again against ESPN and their stupid personalities.)

I just saw that New Orleans thing, that was funny.

They all seem to think he's an idiot for thinking Cassel will do what Brady has done.

I'm always trashing ESPN people, so I thought I'd throw out a good word for a few of them too.

Got lucky and the elements somehow canceled school today, so I was off and watching Mike and Mike today. Cris Carter called in and there was some playful banter between Golic and Carter about their colleges and losing. Good-natured and fun to watch. (Maybe I've just come to terms with how bad OSU is, but it certainly didn't bother me the way others (Mark May/Keyshawn) bothered me.)

Also, Golic and Greenburg had some good exchanges with off-topic stuff. As much as Greeny seems like a monotone robot all too often, I can safely say, although it's not been many times, I've never been too fed up with that show, particularly in comparison with other ESPN fare.

Mike & Mike is good, although the Geek vs. Jock bit gets a little long in the tooth from time to time.

Colin Cowherd is interesting, but he's very preachy. The "Rush Limbaugh" of ESPN Radio.

A couple of guys that I'm becoming a fan of:

1. Andy Gresh. Very sarcastic sense of humor, which always works for me.

2. Scott Van Pelt. Glad to see him getting more air time. The man is laugh out loud funny. Self-deprecating and doesn't take himself seriously. Very enjoyable, both on radio and on Sports Center.

-Dan

When it comes down to it ESPN radio just does not stand up to Fox Sports Radio for me personally. I cannot stand Mike & Mike with their constant p.c. "I don't wanna offend anybody...but" banter. The First Team with Steve Czaban is so damn funny because they don't give a shit who they offend...as long as you can get past their Washington Redskins hard-on. Next up I would have to go with Colin Cowherd on ESPN over Out Of Bounds on Fox with Craig "C-Note" Shemon and James Washington. J-Wub sucks ass ass ass. I cannot stand that show just because of that loudmouth. Then it's Tirico & Van Pelt while Fox either replays The First Team or carries Jim Rome, and honestly Tirico puts me to sleep. I miss Dan Patrick. What a great afternoon show that was. Then it's The Drive with "The Hair" Chris Meyers on Fox or Scott Van Pelt followed by Sports Nation on ESPN. I do like Van Pelt on his own but Chris Meyers blows his ass out of the water IMO. After that I'm not really listening to sports radio but I have caught Andrew Siciliano and Krystal Fernandez a few times and they always have me laughing out loud about something. Plus Krystal id F*ing Hott!

fernandez.jpg

I have also caught Doug Gottlieb on ESPN radio and he is very good as well, so I'd call that a tossup.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got College Gameday on in the background as I'm setting my lineups for today.

Could Lee Corso be any more senile, ridiculous, and annoying?

(Yes. I know that, sadly, the answer is a resounding "YES!".)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch NFL Gamegay (or whatever the Sunday morning show is called)?

See that "debate"? WTF? I know they fancy themselves as personalities and stuff now, but seriously? That was a bigger joke than the Ohio State/Wisconsin game last night.

(You know I must be a glutton for punishment because, as much as I complain about the show, I watch every Sunday for last minute lineup changes and stuff.)