The Uninteresting Thread

Malebolgia

Looks like the cricket's rained out. So I'm here.

It's sunny now, and they're playing. But in 10mins they're off for a tea break. After playing for about 20 minutes. Who are these pussies? Soccer players?

From the mouth of an Aussie........... :rofl2:

Yep. We actually play our sports here. I haven't heard of this girly concept of sipping tea instead of playing sport. Shouldn't they be more concerned about playing after the rain delays? I didn't see tea breaks in the NRL tonight and these dudes were getting smashed.

English cricket ettiquette mate,admired the world over....... :unsure:

The Aussies admired it soo much this afternoon, they forgot to turn up and play :bananamac:

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotty

• Geoff

• heaven&hell

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sunny now, and they're playing. But in 10mins they're off for a tea break. After playing for about 20 minutes. Who are these pussies? Soccer players?

Yep. We actually play our sports here. I haven't heard of this girly concept of sipping tea instead of playing sport. Shouldn't they be more concerned about playing after the rain delays? I didn't see tea breaks in the NRL tonight and these dudes were getting smashed.

The Aussies admired it soo much this afternoon, they forgot to turn up and play :bananamac:

That's for fuckin' sure :anon::lame::doh:<_<:gone:

That's for fuckin' sure :anon::lame::doh:<_<:gone:

:rofl2:

Are they tossing off at the start of each match? Is that how they decide who bats first? Man the Aussies suck.

Are they tossing off at the start of each match? Is that how they decide who bats first? Man the Aussies suck.

The most sense you have talked in months mate :D

The Aussies' position in this match appears to speak for itself. But do they toss a coin at the start of each match to decide who bats first?

The Aussies' position in this match appears to speak for itself. But do they toss a coin at the start of each match to decide who bats first?

:screwy:

I think they play rock-paper-scissors....

I think they play rock-paper-scissors....

:rofl2:

No! Ricky Ponting first tosses off his vice captain Michael Clark, and then heads out to flip a coin with the England captain to decide how proceedings will follow. Something of an Aussie ritual I hear. Sticky bicky anyone ;)

No! Ricky Ponting first tosses off his vice captain Michael Clark, and then heads out to flip a coin with the England captain to decide how proceedings will follow. Something of an Aussie ritual I hear. Sticky bicky anyone ;)

Part of me thinks they should have a communal toss for the first match, and then rather than toss off again before each match, they should swap roles. Eg, if Australia bat first in the fist test England should bat first in the 2nd and so on. To keep it "even". Only problem, I hear you say, being that it is a 5 match series. Well, now I'm getting zany, bu maybe do what I say for the first 4 matches and then toss off again for the 5th?

I thought the terminology was 'Whingeing Poms'? We may have to change that and rather quickly I think! :lol: