What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Some AOR and some Veggie Deathcore this morning! :)

ROMEOS DAUGHTER - Rapture

CATTLE DECAPITATION - Monolith of Inhumanity

The Veer Union - 'Divide the blackened sky' ; really starting to get unsure about this one. The more I spin it the less it sticks. Just sounds like nu-metal to me and he and I are not friends. I will have to playback their debut and see where it went wrong this time 'round.

Yeah it's less catchy, but there were only a couple of outright commercial tracks on "Against the Grain" anyway. This one's heavier, but they're a tighter band and the songwriting is better on this one IMO. I really like it.

Ive not heard it, but I havent played the debut in like 3 years or something??? Remember it being solid, but as Tim says only a handful of commercial numbers, so it does wear thin after a while.

BBABH - 'Feel the power' ; still the best of 2012 so far, imo.I

Really. I haven't played that for a few weeks now, but seriously I can't remember one song off it, except maybe Deathwish??

What??

"Deathwish" isn't nearly the best song. "Shut Up and Rock," "Forever," "Holdin' Back For Nothin'," "Scream It Like You Mean It," and "Sleepless Nights" are fan-f*cking-tastic! Such a good album. Spin that shit again, and tell me it's completely forgettable.

I'm with Glen, didn't stick for me either. Some good tunes, especially the less cheesy stuff ("Forever" is just throwaway garbage IMO), but just not enough songs I can remember a chorus from. Have spun it 8-10 times probably. The ballad is awful beyond belief, truly a 1/10 song if ever I heard one. Overall I thought it was about a 6 or 7/10 at best. In fact their last album was better, there's nothing as catchy as "Show Me What You Got" on here...

For me 'Deathwish' is easily the best track on offer here - it is a killer opener with a great riff, catchy chorus and an amazing kick arse ending...as close to a 10/10 as the album gets, and only just falls short cos of a bit of silly growling.

As for the other tracks mentioned -

Shut Up & Rock - silly growling & I hate songs about 'rocking' so to me its pretty poor - you can file 'Rockin All Night' in the same pile too.

Forever - I do like this one - 3rd best track IMO

Holdin Back For Nothin - I like this tune too, but it is pretty forgettable to me - too much going on and a bit too frantic for my liking.

Scream Like You Mean It - I like this one too (4th best)..although not very memorable IMO..even after just listening to it I cant remember the hook (if there was one :whistle: )...also the solo is twiddly and annoying.

Sleepless Nights - pretty average tune really....really predictable chorus.

I tell you what else annoys me about this album, is that very few of the guitar solos seem to fit the songs?? Most seem like musical wank and how fast can I shred.......hey ho.

What surprises me is no-one mentions 'Skate Or Die' which is clearly the 2nd best track :tumbsup:

Overall I do like this album, but its nowhere near the best of 2012....

Crazy fools. ;)

I knew and know every single song inside out, and did after about the 2nd spin. I pretty much constantly have a song from this album in my head all day every day too.

Safetysuit - 'These times' ; probably still my 2nd fave of the year so far, probably in contest with Peepshow. Brilliant song-writing.

The Veer Union - 'Divide the blackened sky' ; really starting to get unsure about this one. The more I spin it the less it sticks. Just sounds like nu-metal to me and he and I are not friends. I will have to playback their debut and see where it went wrong this time 'round.

Yeah it's less catchy, but there were only a couple of outright commercial tracks on "Against the Grain" anyway. This one's heavier, but they're a tighter band and the songwriting is better on this one IMO. I really like it.

Ive not heard it, but I havent played the debut in like 3 years or something??? Remember it being solid, but as Tim says only a handful of commercial numbers, so it does wear thin after a while.

Really. I haven't played that for a few weeks now, but seriously I can't remember one song off it, except maybe Deathwish??

What??

"Deathwish" isn't nearly the best song. "Shut Up and Rock," "Forever," "Holdin' Back For Nothin'," "Scream It Like You Mean It," and "Sleepless Nights" are fan-f*cking-tastic! Such a good album. Spin that shit again, and tell me it's completely forgettable.

I'm with Glen, didn't stick for me either. Some good tunes, especially the less cheesy stuff ("Forever" is just throwaway garbage IMO), but just not enough songs I can remember a chorus from. Have spun it 8-10 times probably. The ballad is awful beyond belief, truly a 1/10 song if ever I heard one. Overall I thought it was about a 6 or 7/10 at best. In fact their last album was better, there's nothing as catchy as "Show Me What You Got" on here...

For me 'Deathwish' is easily the best track on offer here - it is a killer opener with a great riff, catchy chorus and an amazing kick arse ending...as close to a 10/10 as the album gets, and only just falls short cos of a bit of silly growling.

Shut Up & Rock - silly growling & I hate songs about 'rocking' so to me its pretty poor - you can file 'Rockin All Night' in the same pile too.

Holdin Back For Nothin - I like this tune too, but it is pretty forgettable to me - too much going on and a bit too frantic for my liking.

Scream Like You Mean It - I like this one too (4th best)..although not very memorable IMO..even after just listening to it I cant remember the hook (if there was one :whistle: )...also the solo is twiddly and annoying.

I tell you what else annoys me about this album, is that very few of the guitar solos seem to fit the songs?? Most seem like musical wank and how fast can I shred.......hey ho.

What surprises me is no-one mentions 'Skate Or Die' which is clearly the 2nd best track :tumbsup:

Crazy fools. ;)

I knew and know every single song inside out, and did after about the 2nd spin. I pretty much constantly have a song from this album in my head all day every day too.

Safetysuit - 'These times' ; probably still my 2nd fave of the year so far, probably in contest with Peepshow. Brilliant song-writing.

well, i lstened to it again the other day....and guess what??! Still cant remember a bloody thing about it. Sorry but these songs are not memorable. Compare this to the clean easy (and excellent) hooks of Crazy Lixx and they are a world apart.

What??

Crazy fools. ;)

well, i lstened to it again the other day....and guess what??! Still cant remember a bloody thing about it. Sorry but these songs are not memorable. Compare this to the clean easy (and excellent) hooks of Crazy Lixx and they are a world apart.

Yeah, to each their own, but the BBABH is about the catchiest and most instantly memorable disc that I've personally heard in an age. Not to say it's the best, but it's stupidly catchy to these ears. Crazy Lixx - I like the CD plenty, but after 3 spins I could only drone on again about how good 'Only the dead' is and that's about it. I know the first few songs are great (not that I can picture them right now) and it's a great disc, but it'll need more spins to stick than BBABH for me.

BOULEVARD - Into the Street

STYX - Edge of the Century

GUIFFRIA - Silk & Steel

Sunstorm - 'Emotional fire'

Yep I dug that one out again. Nice.

Np: ROXUS - Nightstreet

HALESTORM - The Strange Case Of...

ROMEOS DAUGHTER - Rapture

SURRENDER - Better Later Than Never

Fireflight - 'Now' ; nice disc

Scream Out Loud - 'Live it up' ; so glad this came out this year and it is so impressive and is a perfect substitute for what Silverstein should have recorded in 2012

Shinedown - 'Amaralysis' ; it's not dreadful, but dreadfully over-rated. Solid, but that's about it.

Dear Superstar - 'Damned Religion' ; a few fillers, but about 5-6 really excellent songs.

Aldo Nova - S/T

Aldo Nova - Subject: Aldo Nova

Wireless - Positively Human, Relatively Sane

Wireless - No Static

Halestorm - 'Strange case of...' ; a real shame it takes a bundle of ballads for this to "kick in"... :(

Halestorm - 'Strange case of...' ; a real shame it takes a bundle of ballads for this to "kick in"... :(

You do come out with some strange comments sometimes