What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Funny Money ~ Stick It !

You guys are gonna love this one. You have ordered your copy.. haven't you? -_-

Kick The Kangaroo - 'Bits and Pieces' ; still spinning it. Has a few cool tunes after the first 3, but nothing like those ones.

Papa Roach ~ The Paramour Sessions......."Forever" :o omg......

Word sista!!! That song is stunning. Is this your first time hearing the CD? Have you got to 'What do you do' yet? They're recording the kind of ballads Bon Jovi would probably kill to write these days.

Papa Roach ~ The Paramour Sessions......."Forever" :o omg......

Word sista!!! That song is stunning. Is this your first time hearing the CD? Have you got to 'What do you do' yet? They're recording the kind of ballads Bon Jovi would probably kill to write these days.

No.....I've actually had it for a while now.... Listened to the first song back then, but guess I wasn't in the mood for it then.......imagine that.....lol. After seeing it mentioned in a few other threads, thought I'd give it another spin, and I'm soooooooooo glad I did. Awesome stuff!!!

Yes, I've heard "What Do You Do".....and it's great too. I really like "Reckless" too...

Yeah, those 3 and 'Roses on my grave' are my faves. I was the same too. I had the album for about 5 months before I finally listened to it. I think I saw Rick mention how good it was and thought I may as well finally give it a go. The rest is history.

All I hope is that the "Papa Roach Haters" here have actually listened to it before writing them off, because it's probably nothing like they expect.

I'm going to be spinning on the way home:

My Chemical Romance - 'Black Parade'

Okay guys, you really have me intrigued here. I've not heard the new Killswitch Engage disc, but I know in the past I couldn't handle the over-the-top screaming, even if I loved it musically. Have they toned down the screaming at all on the new disc? I know Jez, you mentioned the good vocals the other day. Does that mean there's more singing in place of screaming? I still remember seeing these guys live last year - f*cking kicked my ass- fan or not. Are they more comparable to Bullet for My Valentine this time round?

Anyway, I've been spinning:

Papa Roach - 'The paramour session' (again) ; without doubt the surprise of the year. 'Forever' and tracks 8-15 are just sensational. 'What do you do' is easily the anthem of the year, IMO.

Talisman - '7' ; pretty cool. Couple of cool tracks.

Kick the Kangaroo - 'Bits and peices' ; sort of like Nelson on heat in those first 3 stunning tracks. 'Last kiss' is mind-blowing. Shame about the rest of the album, though. :( Very sappy.

It was probably a different vocalist you heard on KILLSWITCH previously. This one is a lot 'cleaner' sounding & more melodic. Although he's still got that operatic element, & there is some screechy moments. I thought the last album was very disappointing, it was so repetitive. But this a true monster, huge riffs with killer guitar work & some great vocals. It's also very catchy. The title-track is almost black-metal it's so dark & heavy, but it's just such a consistent album throughout. Having never heard Bullet... I couldn't compare, but I'd recommend finding some soundbytes on this.... Awesome disc.

Now spinnin':-

DAUGHTRY - S/T

HAREM SCAREM - Human Nature (Jap)

Device - '22B3'

Hotel Hunger - 'This Is Where The Fun Starts'

Wild Blue - 'No More Jinx'

Monro - same

Zion :: s/t.Not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination,but it just seems to be another production-line A.O.R./m.h.r cd by Frontiers,the music being just like any other band on the labels rosta.However,there are some good songs on there,and Curci's vocals being a saving grace..

Later on, I shall be letting Cosmo loose on the inmates.. :P

Zion :: s/t.Not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination,but it just seems to be another production-line A.O.R./m.h.r cd by Frontiers,the music being just like any other band on the labels rosta.However,there are some good songs on there,and Curci's vocals being a saving grace..

Later on, I shall be letting Cosmo loose on the inmates.. :P

Just playing the ZION - S/T myself too, hours after it was posted through my letter-box. I totally agree with Wotty, great voice but is all just too formulaic to hold my interest. Will stick with it though....

Mydra - s/t 1988

Nothin' yet but I just did a trade with Lobo and his package arrived yesterday, so I have a whole mess o'new stuff to keep me occupied today... :)

Eddie Schwartz - No Refuge

Joanna Dean - Misbehavin'

Edward Reekers - Stages (ex-Kayak)

Final Frontier - Freelight

Kim Mitchell - Kimosabe

Grand Prix - Grand Prix

Ezra - Shapes

Praying Mantis - Time Tells No Lies

ZION - S/T

My 2nd spin & I'm not sure how many more there'll be. The worst production on a Frontiers release ever (& dont forget they've released stuff like VERTIGO 2, TOMMY FUNDERBURK, PERFECT WORLD, etc).

HAREM SCAREM - Human Nature (Jap)

Irritated to just receive my Jap copy but also find the European version is already in stores. The Jap bonus is an acoustic version of "Higher", & bloody great it is too.

I can't see many fans not lapping this up. Awesome.

Wednesday 13 - TRANSYLVANIA 90210 (just got this one via Lala.com)