Song of the Day

66 mustang

Straight Through The Heart - Dio

There`s Not Another You - Little River Band

Not Dead Yet - Styx

Testament - Souls of Black

(title track from imo the most underrated thrash album ever)

Sorry mate, don't agree with that one. The albums after "Practise What You Preach" were weak IMO, until "Low" got them right back on track. New album should be good, is going to be called "The Dark Roots of Earth" and is due in January I think...

Sorry mate, don't agree with that one. The albums after "Practise What You Preach" were weak IMO, until "Low" got them right back on track. New album should be good, is going to be called "The Dark Roots of Earth" and is due in January I think...

Agreed. But personally I would be happier with a new Dragonlord (Eric Peterson's black/thrash project) album.

Agreed. But personally I would be happier with a new Dragonlord (Eric Peterson's black/thrash project) album.

Yeah I kinda liked that one too. Sounds like Gene Hoglan is back on drums on this new one, along with the Lamb of God drummer. If it sounded like "Demonic" I'd be pretty happy - though I know that most wouldn't!

That seems to be in line with what the reviewers said at the time. Personally I think it is an incredible album. The title track and 'The Legacy' are among the band's best songs for me. 'Falling Fast', 'Face In The Sky' and 'Absence of Light' are also excellent.

I also liked 'Low', 'The Ritual' and 'The Gathering' too, although not quite as much as 'Souls of Black'. In fact, I think the only Testament album I don't like is 'The Formation of Damnation'.

Wheels Of Confusion - Black Sabbath :bowdown:

Megalomania - Black Sabbath :bowdown:

A National Acrobat - Black Sabbath :bowdown:

I also liked 'Low', 'The Ritual' and 'The Gathering' too, although not quite as much as 'Souls of Black'. In fact, I think the only Testament album I don't like is 'The Formation of Damnation'.

I thought "The Formation..." was a killer return. In fact I'd personally rate it higher than anything the so-called "big 4" have released in the last 10 years or so...

I thought "The Formation..." was a killer return. In fact I'd personally rate it higher than anything the so-called "big 4" have released in the last 10 years or so...

I liked about 2 songs, although I agree with your big 4 comparison. I'd say the Overkill album probably edged the Testament effort last year, but for me neither was a classic.