Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbcp1U1Sbc

Strange alternate-reality/steampunk action adventure set in 1899, with some of the greatest characters of 19th century literature (Allan Quatermain, the Invisible Man, Captain Nemo, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, etc.) banding together to combat a supervillain who wants to start a World War.

This flick got hammered by critics and audiences when it was released a few years ago but I enjoyed it. Connery's great as Quatermain and the special effects were pretty cool (esp. the stuff involving the Invisible Man). The sets, costumes, etc. were also very well done. Plus, stuff blew up on a regular basis so I was never bored. :lol:

I've never read the graphic novel that it's based on but I've read that Alan Moore (who wrote it) had nothing to do (and wanted nothing to do) with this movie version. I guess that it's probably better that I never read the G.N., because then I would've been picking apart all the changes they made to the source material (and I understand that there were lots) the entire time.

Overall, I thought it was a decent popcorn flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbcp1U1Sbc

Strange alternate-reality/steampunk action adventure set in 1899, with some of the greatest characters of 19th century literature (Allan Quatermain, the Invisible Man, Captain Nemo, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, etc.) banding together to combat a supervillain who wants to start a World War.

This flick got hammered by critics and audiences when it was released a few years ago but I enjoyed it. Connery's great as Quatermain and the special effects were pretty cool (esp. the stuff involving the Invisible Man). The sets, costumes, etc. were also very well done. Plus, stuff blew up on a regular basis so I was never bored. :lol:

I've never read the graphic novel that it's based on but I understand that Alan Moore (who wrote it) had nothing to do (and wanted nothing to do) with this movie version. I guess that it's probably better that I never read the G.N., because then I would've been picking apart all the changes they made to the source material (and I understand that there were lots) the entire time.

Me & my son really like it, in fact I bought it on Blu ray

Monsters Inc

Classic and it sounded extra special now I`ve purchased a Home Cinema System :bananamac:

I've never read the graphic novel that it's based on but I understand that Alan Moore (who wrote it) had nothing to do (and wanted nothing to do) with this movie version. I guess that it's probably better that I never read the G.N., because then I would've been picking apart all the changes they made to the source material (and I understand that there were lots) the entire time.

Me & my son really like it, in fact I bought it on Blu ray

I like this one too. Really enjoyable gothic/adventure movie.

Legion

Did you like it? To tell the truth I couldn't even finish it, it was so bad imo. :hammer:

It had real good potential but fell short IMO.

Legion

Did you like it? To tell the truth I couldn't even finish it, it was so bad imo. :hammer:

It had real good potential but fell short IMO.

Didn't do much for me i'm afraid. Alomost no plot whatsoever

"Zardoz" (1974)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGVIdA3dx0

Bizarre '70s sci-fi fantasy that's kinda like a nonsensical, sh*thouse combo of "2001" and "Planet of the Apes" on a whoooole lotta LSD. Sean Connery (who spends most of the movie wearing what appears to be orange bikini panties and not much else) is an "Exterminator" who prowls the barren earth of 2293, killing off "Brutals" (i.e. other humans) on behalf of a big flying stone God head that calls itself "Zardoz." He's eventually captured and studied by a clan of "Immortals," i.e. other humans who believe themselves to be the superior race. Over time he teaches them to love, to not fear Death, and incites a revolt. Or something. Seriously, that's about all the description I can give cuz honestly this movie didn't make a lick of sense. It's just one long series of "What the f*ck" moments, brightened occasionally by shots of topless women.

In other words, this flick is the worst, most pretentious, artsy-fartsy, psuedo-intellectual sci-fi crap I've seen in ages, and that's saying a lot considering that I just sat through "Battlefield Earth" a couple of weeks ago.

Ignore, delete, destroy.

WHOA i can actually post in this thread as ive bought more dvds in the last wk then i have in my life...

Ive watched:

Crackerjack ~ Lite Aussie comedy for fans of The Castle

Men who stare at goats ~ still not sure what this is about

A film with me in it ~ A Dylan Moran movie. Very dark.... not funny funny, but "this is just odd" funny.

Toy Story

First time I`ve watched this all the way through, excellent, look forward to watching the next two. :tumbsup:

"Porky's II: The Next Day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23Z4ksRvo8

The Angel Beach High gang return to deal with a religious group who wants to shut down the school's "indecent" Shakespeare play. And oh yeah, the KKK drops by for a visit too. Hijinks ensue.

I like this one better than the original "Porky's." It never gets old :rofl: