Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The Martian - I was dreading watching it after reading what was said about it on here but i thought it was excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I never said it was bad, just did not get me concerned for his well being and from the director my expectations were higher. Good, safe fluffy feel good movie...

I usually enjoy Denzel Washington movies. Ive heard of or seen a lot of them. But I had never heard of this one and its not that old. (2014) Watched it last night and really liked it. Like "Man On Fire" and "The Book Of Eli" Washington plays a "kind of" good guy you dont mess with. :D Enjoyed it very much. And just read that they are making a sequel to it too. :tumbsup:

The-Equalizer-140903.jpg

"Black Roses" (1988)

Demons come to the tiny town of Mill Basin disguised as a hair metal band, and their devil music has unfortunate effects on the local teenage population. Anti-social behavior, murder and general hilarity ensues.

In the annals of Heavy Metal Horror flicks, this one makes "Trick or Treat" look like "Masterpiece Theater." The soundtrack to this cheap, poorly acted schlock is better than the movie.

• My Little Pony

The Martian - I was dreading watching it after reading what was said about it on here but i thought it was excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I never said it was bad, just did not get me concerned for his well being and from the director my expectations were higher. Good, safe fluffy feel good movie...

I never said it was bad, just did not satisfy my Sci-Fi needs.

• My Little Pony

I usually enjoy Denzel Washington movies. Ive heard of or seen a lot of them. But I had never heard of this one and its not that old. (2014) Watched it last night and really liked it. Like "Man On Fire" and "The Book Of Eli" Washington plays a "kind of" good guy you dont mess with. :D Enjoyed it very much. And just read that they are making a sequel to it too. :tumbsup:

The-Equalizer-140903.jpg

Yeah, this was kinda part three in the Denzel Punisher series. A sequel will be much welcomed.

"The Spy Who Loved Flowers" (1966)
220px-The_Spy_Who_Loved_Flowers.jpg
More derivative Euro-spy fun!

This sequel to "SuperSeven: Calling Cairo" brings back Roger Browne as crack M.I.6 agent James Bo --- errr, I mean "Martin Stevens" -- and sends him on a mission to assassinate three enemy spies in various locations across Europe. Along the way he encounters a ditzy female photographer who fills the damsel-in-distress/love interest role. I liked this better than the first "SuperSeven" film, though Agent "Stevens" still isn't worthy to carry 007's shoulder holster.

With my sons this afternoon:

"Goosebumps" (2015)

All the ghouls, monsters, and nasties from an author's scary stories come to life and cause havoc in a small town. This funny, kid friendly creature feature is based on R.L. Stine's long running series of pre-teen horror novels. Jack Black pulls double duty as the movie version of Stine, as well as the voice of the evil ventriloquist dummy "Slappy."

"The Last Seduction" (1994)

Noir-inspired drama/thriller about a tough-as-nails New York woman (Linda Fiorentino) who takes off with a suitcase full of her drug-dealing husband's cash. She then settles in a small town under an assumed name, where she begins an affair with a local yokel and manipulates him into finishing her dirty work for her.

Linda Fiorentino's excellent performance is the main reason to watch this movie - not only is she smokin' hot but you kinda end up rooting for her even though she's a totally cold-as-ice, amoral beeyotch.

With my sons this afternoon:

"Goosebumps" (2015)

All the ghouls, monsters, and nasties from an author's scary stories come to life and cause havoc in a small town. This funny, kid friendly creature feature is based on R.L. Stine's long running series of pre-teen horror novels. Jack Black pulls double duty as the movie version of Stine, as well as the voice of the evil ventriloquist dummy "Slappy."

We saw this one recently as well. Not bad. Still don't understand the appeal of Jack Black but the movie was entertaining and had a great score.

"The Babadook" (2014)

A still-grieving widow and her young son are victimized by an evil spirit that enters their home through a sinister children's book.
This unusual, arty Aussie psychological horror has a properly bleak, depressing mood and has some spooky bits but overall it didn't really "click" withme. I was expecting better/scarier from all the critical love and hype it received. I didn't really see what all the whoop-de-doo was about. (shrugs)

"The Babadook" (2014)

A still-grieving widow and her young son are victimized by an evil spirit that enters their home through a sinister children's book.

This unusual, arty Aussie psychological horror has a properly bleak, depressing mood and has some spooky bits but overall it didn't really "click" withme. I was expecting better/scarier from all the critical love and hype it received. I didn't really see what all the whoop-de-doo was about. (shrugs)

Agreed. I said similar when I finally saw it. Very disappointed.

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read as this one was a turd from the word go. I would rather have the pop up book used in the film.

It was OK, but my expectations may have been a wee bit too high due to all the raves I'd read/heard.

...and not for nothin', but was it just me, or was the kid in "Babadook" THE MOST ANNOYING MOVIE CHILD EVER? I swear, I was already hoping something horrrible would happen to him less than ten minutes in. Does that make me a bad person? (haha) :D

• My Little Pony

It was OK, but my expectations may have been a wee bit too high due to all the raves I'd read/heard.

...and not for nothin', but was it just me, or was the kid in "Babadook" THE MOST ANNOYING MOVIE CHILD EVER? I swear, I was already hoping something horrrible would happen to him less than ten minutes in. Does that make me a bad person? (haha) :D

I wasn't annoyed by him. Grew up without a father. Mum kinda despises him. Him acting out makes sense. Plus, he's the one being tormented by Babadook, initially.

I wasn't annoyed by him. Grew up without a father. Mum kinda despises him. Him acting out makes sense. Plus, he's the one being tormented by Babadook, initially.

Well yeah, I get that he was supposed to be annoying (what little kid isn't?) but I think my particular annoyance had more to do with the performance of the kid playing him... I didn't think he was a very good actor. Haha.

Annoying yes, one can hope he was only acting. :)

I am looking forward to your opinion on the also overhyped and equally disappointing "It Follows". Affectionately renamed by yours truly as "Shit Follows". And yes I ripped that from the Spinal Tap movie...

• My Little Pony

I am looking forward to your opinion on the also overhyped and equally disappointing "It Follows". Affectionately renamed by yours truly as "Shit Follows". And yes I ripped that from the Spinal Tap movie...

Whose? Keef's, or mine?

"Secret Agent Fireball" (1966, aka "The Spies Kill in Beirut")
220px-Secagfb.jpg

Another cheap n' cheesy, enjoyably silly James Bond knockoff from Italy, this one starring American actor Richard Harrison as Bob Fleming, aka "Agent X-117," who travels across Europe romancing hot Euro babes and tangling with Russian agents in search of a stolen microfilm. Nice work if you can get it.

Whose? Keef's, or mine?

All the above baby. :)

I've heard nothin' but bad things about "It Follows" so I'm not exactly in a hurry to check it out... haha.

Besides, right now I've got a YouTube playlist full of vintage Euro-spy, blaxploitation and grindhouse/exploitation goodies that's gonna take me a while to work my way thru. :D

I've heard nothin' but bad things about "It Follows" so I'm not exactly in a hurry to check it out... haha.

Besides, right now I've got a YouTube playlist full of vintage Euro-spy, blaxploitation and grindhouse/exploitation goodies that's gonna take me a while to work my way thru. :D

The movie is OK, nothing more tho. Check out Final Girls for that great 80s feel and style!

The movie is OK, nothing more tho. Check out Final Girls for that great 80s feel and style!
I saw Final Girls a month or two ago... It was fun, if a bit un-even.