Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Cellular"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6V96fY9fqw

Far-fetched but fun action flick where an L.A. slacker dude's cell phone intercepts a random phone call from a kidnapped woman. Chases, crashes and general mayhem ensue as he tries to keep her on the line long enough to figure out how to rescue her. Decent cast including Jason Statham (as the bad guy), William H. Macy (slumming it as a cop on the verge of retirement) and Kim Basinger (as the kidnapped MILF).

"Harry Brown"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSfHFNlcI

Cool, slow burning revenge drama starring the great Michael Caine. He's an elderly former Royal Marine who sets out for revenge against a gang of heroin addicts/gang bangers who killed his friend and are terrorizing his neighborhood. Think "Death Wish" with a British accent.

"Bloody Birthday" (1980)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCZRblvmy8

Three seemingly angelic looking kids, all of whom were born on the same day during an eclipse, suddenly turn into remorseless killers around their 10th birthday and start picking off the neighbors. Sorta like "The Omen" times three, with a hint of "Halloween."

Enjoyable trashy nonsense with plenty of violence and a heaping helping of T&A.

Watch for '80s comedienne/singer Julie Brown ("Earth Girls are Easy," "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun") in an early role as the bimbo older sister of one of the evil kids.

"Bloody Birthday" (1980)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCZRblvmy8

Three seemingly angelic looking kids, all of whom were born on the same day during an eclipse, suddenly turn into remorseless killers around their 10th birthday and start picking off the neighbors. Sorta like "The Omen" times three, with a hint of "Halloween."

Enjoyable trashy nonsense with plenty of violence and a heaping helping of T&A.

Watch for '80s comedienne/singer Julie Brown ("Earth Girls are Easy," "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun") in an early role as the bimbo older sister of one of the evil kids.

Best thing about this was the video cover featuring the cake with fingers as candles. :beerbang:

It's my wife's turn to pick a movie tonight so in a few minutes I'll be watching...

TWILIGHT! :yikes:

I hope I am still in possession of my heterosexuality when it's over.

It's my wife's turn to pick a movie tonight so in a few minutes I'll be watching...

I watched that one when it first came out on DVD but never saw the others.

While watching that one I argued with "a vampire can't do that" about every other scene. I mean first you can't walk around in daylight and second you have to be invited in. Whomever wrote this shit should of at least watched Buff and Angel first.

Kung Fu Kid (on DVD)

Seriously unrealistic, but my kids enjoyed it .....

So? :popcorn:

Still straight. :lol:

As for the movie .... ehhhh....this was the beginning of a worldwide phenomenon? I don't get it. "Twilight" was like an "ABC Afterschool Special" version of the Buffy/Angel romance from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" without the slaying, and with a whole lot more angst/self loathing. As H&H said, they played waaaaaaaaayyyy too fast and loose with traditional vampire lore, and some scenes (vampires playing baseball??) were just too damned silly.

My wife LOVED it though... must be a chick thing. Gimme "Buffy" or "Angel" or hell, just about anything else with Vamps in it over this movie. I told my wife if she wants to watch the sequels, to leave me out of it.

So? :popcorn:

Still straight. :lol:

As for the movie .... ehhhh....this was the beginning of a worldwide phenomenon? I don't get it. "Twilight" was like an "ABC Afterschool Special" version of the Buffy/Angel romance from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" without the slaying, and with a whole lot more angst/self loathing. As H&H said, they played waaaaaaaaayyyy too fast and loose with traditional vampire lore, and some scenes (vampires playing baseball??) were just too damned silly.

My wife LOVED it though... must be a chick thing. Gimme "Buffy" or "Angel" or hell, just about anything else with Vamps in it over this movie. I told my wife if she wants to watch the sequels, to leave me out of it.

Ahhh,, And here is where I got lucky.. My wife does NOT Like pansy ass vampires that sparkle!! Gimme REAL Vampires damnit!! I admit I tried.. I did TRY to watch Twilight, but I just couldn't get into it, so now I avoid it like the plague.... Hell gimme 30 Days of Night, or Interview with a Vampire or any of the Blade movies..... Or the Lost Boysd, or Fright Night, oer ANY Movie with REAL Vampires!!!

Um yea I kinda can't STAND Twilight.... :whistle:

The Transporter

Fairly enjoyable action film, good action scenes, but some of the fights are ridiculous. Fun to watch, but very, very silly.

The Transporter

Fairly enjoyable action film, good action scenes, but some of the fights are ridiculous. Fun to watch, but very, very silly.

Agreed it`s enjoyable, the fight scenes get even sillier in the sequels :hammer:

Caught a few tonight:

Chain Letter fairly good budgeted slasher, with some brutal kills, about a dude that kills if you don't forward the "chain letter"...

Machette Just plain excellent and that would still be the case even without the naked LL and JA...

GAMERA VS MONSTER X and MONSTER FROM A PREHISTORIC PLANET

wonderful stinkers :)