Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

whiplash1972

I haven’t liked, well, much of anything since their debut, but this is at least decent compared to previous releases.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:02 PM, auslander said:

For posting this, I am predicting Whiplash will be tarred and feathered by this forum before sundown.

I see the lynching party is gathering outside, pitch forks in hand, calling for the head of the one that "gone dun a deal with the devil".

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2024 at 5:14 AM, tobi is an animal said:

vocals are Awful. 

lol. That's the only thing that's awful? You hate everything anyone ever posts in this site, but all you dislike about this is the vocals? What about the rest of it?

I hate the vocals too, but not sure they're standing head and shoulders above everything else that is horrendous about that song. ;)

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2024 at 8:01 AM, Geoff said:

lol. That's the only thing that's awful? You hate everything anyone ever posts in this site, but all you dislike about this is the vocals? What about the rest of it?

I hate the vocals too, but not sure they're standing head and shoulders above everything else that is horrendous about that song. ;)

the vocals were so bad I couldn't really focus on any other part of the song or listen it to long enough to see what it was all about.  Chris Cornell very good vocals, Kurt Cobain bad vocals, Eddie Vedder even worse vocals.  I've seen these three bands often get lumped together but they are nothing alike. 

this is how you fuckin' do it.

16 minutes ago, tobi is an animal said:

the vocals were so bad I couldn't really focus on any other part of the song or listen it to long enough to see what it was all about.  Chris Cornell very good vocals, Kurt Cobain bad vocals, Eddie Vedder even worse vocals.  I've seen these three bands often get lumped together but they are nothing alike. 

this is how you fuckin' do it.

Agree they are nothing alike. All are called "grunge" but all have different sounds and influences. Soundgarden have a classic metal influence (i.e. Sabbath) whereas Nirvana have a punk/hardcore and alt. rock influence (i.e. Melvins) and Pearl Jam has a classic hard rock influence (i.e. Guess Who). They just came out of the same area/scene and didn't dress glam so got lumped together.