Smoking Snakes - Danger Zone

Stefan

From Frontiers:

NEW SIGNING ALERT

Have you heard of the Gothenburg-based sleaze metal band Smoking Snakes? With influences from big arena rock bands of the 80s like W.A.S.P, RATT, Dokken, and Kiss! From catchy hooks to heavy riffs and powerful vocals, they’ve got a unique and powerful sound. If you’re into high-energy, hard-rocking music, you don’t want to miss out on this band!

Edited by Stefan

• 1 month later...

New video for 'Sole Survivors'.

From Frontiers:

Smoking Snakes, hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden, burst onto the scene in 2022 and quickly turned heads with their self-released debut – turning it up to 11 with their powerful old school rock blended with a modern edge. Drawing inspiration from artists such as WASP, RATT, DOKKEN and KISS, it wasn’t long before the band was snapped up by heavyweight Italian label FRONTIERS who are now proud to present the bands longplayer debut ‘Danger Zone’, set for release in 2024. 

The album was produced by Jakob Herrmann, who has worked with renowned acts such as Anthrax, In Flames, Machine Head, and cut his sleaze teeth with Hardcore Superstar, adds his signature touch to "Danger Zone.

Tracklist

1. Angels Calling
  2. Sole Survivors
  3. Run For Your Life
  4. Lady Luck
  5. Excited
  6. Restless & Wild
  7. Sorrow, Death and Pain
  8. There Is No Tomorrow
  9. Who am I
  10. We Are Alive
  11. Rocking To The Morning Light

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Smoking Snakes - Danger Zone
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a solid CD. Vocals aren't great... I think at times he's probably trying to put forth early WASP vibes? Backing vocals and the general vibe is cool. I guess it's one of those albums that does show a lot of potential, and I'd be looking forward to a more refined product next time around. But it's solid... 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:41 AM, Geoff said:

It's a solid CD. Vocals aren't great... I think at times he's probably trying to put forth early WASP vibes? Backing vocals and the general vibe is cool. I guess it's one of those albums that does show a lot of potential, and I'd be looking forward to a more refined product next time around. But it's solid... 

From the songs posted here I felt his vocals were a mix between Blackie and Kevin Dubrow, but nowhere near as good.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this album - not every song on it but there are some surprisingly catchy melodies all over. Personally I think the singer adds great energy to the mix. It reminds me of the earlier Bai Bang ("closer to you")

Was just googling Smoking Snakes and most of the links came up for the Sabaton song of the same name. So, given they are Swedish, I reckon they were named for this song. The song itself is about a Brazilian WWII force nicknamed "Smoking Snakes" who fought against the Nazis (it is Sabaton, remember). So, all in all, a pretty cool band name with some history behind it.

• 4 weeks later...