RockFavs YouTube channel. (Obscure 80's demos).

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Along the same lines as Captain Howdy's Heavy Metal 80's rarities thread, this is a great YouTube channel that I'm subscribed to.

It's all very obscure 80's demos covering all the genres we love.

I don't know where this guy gets it all. He posts quite regularly as well.

There's some very rare gems included in this playlist.

I'm sure there are many here who'll love exploring it.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTKjnZykLdjndwgVp-ebWBCytVkWthMcb&si=2FnOT1gWEA1fir_H

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Along the same lines as Captain Howdy's Heavy Metal 80's rarities thread, this is a great YouTube channel that I'm subscribed to.

It's all very obscure 80's demos covering all the genres we love.

I don't know where this guy gets it all. He posts quite regularly as well.

There's some very rare gems included in this playlist.

I'm sure there are many here who'll love exploring it.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTKjnZykLdjndwgVp-ebWBCytVkWthMcb&si=2FnOT1gWEA1fir_H

Great, watching

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

SWEET ROXX - Lyin' Eyes (1988).

One of the tracks just posted on this channel today.

Anyone ever heard of these guys?

A Killer example of the unsung talent that fell through the cracks back in the day. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 2

This one sounds pretty cool;

And I don't love this song, but good production and a good sound for this one. Would love to hear the rest of it;

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

This one sounds pretty cool;

And I don't love this song, but good production and a good sound for this one. Would love to hear the rest of it;

Platinum comes from New Jersey active from 1987 - 1990.

They release two CDs, which were re-mastered in 2020 on the Heaven and Hell Records label. Titles of the CDs are " Iceman" and "Vaintas".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Doggy said:

They release two CDs, which were re-mastered in 2020 on the Heaven and Hell Records label. Titles of the CDs are " Iceman" and "Vaintas".

Another one from "Platinum" amongst the tracks posted today. 

This really is a great channel. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Doggy said:

Not as much info about on 'Vanitas' as the 'Iceman' album. I notice Vic Lecar is one of the guitarists. Looks like he's done a few other things, but I remember the rather underwhelming Vic Lecar's Blue Moon project he did in the early 2000's. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've been following this channel since July (didn't even think to post it here).  They've got a ton of stuff that you can't find anywhere else, especially from Hollywood.  I highly recommend searching for bands on the channel, they just might have something.  Here are some of my favorite discoveries:

14 hours ago, Doggy said:

I can also recommend that Iceman album, haven't listened to Vanitas though

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow....just discovered this thread.   This is my Youtube channel and I currently have over 2100 videos posted of obscure bands and demos.   I first started posting about 7 years ago and the channel was private for a number of years and earlier this year, I decided to make it a public channel to share samples of some great bands that might have fell through the cracks or passed over the radar.   As many of you who know me are aware, I'm an old geezer (79) and have been collecting since I was 11 years old.   I sold tons of killer stuff (CDs and cassettes) on E Bay for quite a few years and now I'm just taking things a day at a time and enjoying listening to the great music in my collection.   To all who have been checking out the bands, thank you!   I hope what I post gives you a idea of the sound of many of these obscure bands.   I'll continue putting more up, I don't see an end any time soon...LOL!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

You've done a great job with the channel mate.

Who'd have thought that it was created by a member that I'm familiar with on the forum.

You've amassed quite a collection. 

Keep 'em comin'.

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony

Wow. Looks like a lot to get through, but I'll enjoy the ride. 

Thanks Del for putting in the effort, and thanks Dark for bringing it to our attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/15/2023 at 6:17 AM, Delbert said:

Wow....just discovered this thread.   This is my Youtube channel and I currently have over 2100 videos posted of obscure bands and demos.   I first started posting about 7 years ago and the channel was private for a number of years and earlier this year, I decided to make it a public channel to share samples of some great bands that might have fell through the cracks or passed over the radar.   As many of you who know me are aware, I'm an old geezer (79) and have been collecting since I was 11 years old.   I sold tons of killer stuff (CDs and cassettes) on E Bay for quite a few years and now I'm just taking things a day at a time and enjoying listening to the great music in my collection.   To all who have been checking out the bands, thank you!   I hope what I post gives you a idea of the sound of many of these obscure bands.   I'll continue putting more up, I don't see an end any time soon...LOL!!

OK Delbert, you're definitely the go to man for rare and obscure stuff.

The early 90's three track demo by "Zen Boy" is my Holy Grail.

I've added a link to a thread I created and there's some great info about it.

Of the three tracks, I've only found one on YouTube, the great "Nothin' From the Mojo", but fuck me!, going through your channel I found "What If I Told"!

I still haven't heard the third track "Gun" yet.

Any chance of posting it?

You are the man!!!

Looking for info on "Zen Boy" https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/34715-looking-for-info-on-zen-boy/

9 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Nitrous Roxx - Take Your Place.

A recently posted killer track from the demo released late 80's / early 90's.

This one's a monster.

Cheers Del. 

Riffage. I enjoyed that. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/14/2023 at 3:17 PM, Delbert said:

Hey Delbert, I discovered your channel around mid-July of this year and at the time I had so many questions; who is RockFavs, how did someone post seemingly hundreds of videos in two or three days, where have all these high quality demos come from, etc.  I'm glad you came around to answer some of my questions!  One more though, some of the songs have what look to be custom CD artwork and I was wondering if you put in the time to make them yourself.

In any case, I can't thank you enough for sharing your collection.  I've been collecting a lot of old Hollywood newspapers like Rock City News for archival purposes because they cover a time that isn't incredibly well documented.  To be able to read about an unknown band or see their ads and then turn around and find one of their songs on your YouTube channel and put a sound to the name has been absolutely amazing.  I also greatly appreciate you including pictures with the track lists in your videos, knowing that all of those songs could potentially be out there and digitized is an excellent feeling from a preservation perspective.  I hate to get all corny over this but it really means a lot.  Thanks a lot Del, and keep on rockin'!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunsetHoliday said:

Hey Delbert, I discovered your channel around mid-July of this year and at the time I had so many questions; who is RockFavs, how did someone post seemingly hundreds of videos in two or three days, where have all these high quality demos come from, etc.  I'm glad you came around to answer some of my questions!  One more though, some of the songs have what look to be custom CD artwork and I was wondering if you put in the time to make them yourself.

In any case, I can't thank you enough for sharing your collection.  I've been collecting a lot of old Hollywood newspapers like Rock City News for archival purposes because they cover a time that isn't incredibly well documented.  To be able to read about an unknown band or see their ads and then turn around and find one of their songs on your YouTube channel and put a sound to the name has been absolutely amazing.  I also greatly appreciate you including pictures with the track lists in your videos, knowing that all of those songs could potentially be out there and digitized is an excellent feeling from a preservation perspective.  I hate to get all corny over this but it really means a lot.  Thanks a lot Del, and keep on rockin'!

I’m truly humbled by all the kind words of both you and all the other members of the forum. As I said previously, many of those on the forum have known me for many years going back to my days of selling CDs & cassettes on EBay.  I’ve collected for close to 70 years now and have been transferring cassettes & vinyl to CD-R for close to 25 years.  Yes, much of the artwork you see on the YouTube videos are my custom artwork for my collection. I appreciate the fact that so many enthusiasts are enjoying hearing so many of the great bands that were active in that classic time of the late 80’s and early 90’s.  So many bands had a terrific sound that should have cornered a label contract, but we all know there were more bands than contracts!!!!   Hopefully, if the good lord let’s me stick around awhile, I’ll get another 1000 bands posted!!!!😎👍🏼

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, Delbert said:

Wow....just discovered this thread.   This is my Youtube channel and I currently have over 2100 videos posted of obscure bands and demos. 

Great Job! Keep me posted on any great obscure ballads you run across and i'll add them to thepowerballadz.com

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

FOXY FOXY - Never Be Found.

From a 1990 demo tape just posted by Delbert.

The potential for these guys was off the charts!

Imagine this with better production. 

I'd love to hear more.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

Since you mentioned the possibility of hearing these guys with a better production, FOXY FOXY have tracks posted on ITUNES of their new material and also some re-recorded tracks.  They also have some tracks available for download on other digital media platforms such as Spotify.   The band was still active as of 2020 although I haven't heard of anything lately.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

WREK 'N' BALL - A Girl Like You.

One just posted by the great man Delbert. 

One of the best you've posted mate.

From a 1992 demo.

It's a great track and shout out to the producer.  The production's superb.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

WREK 'N' BALL - A Girl Like You.

One just posted by the great man Delbert. 

One of the best you've posted mate.

From a 1992 demo.

It's a great track and shout out to the producer.  The production's superb.

Can't recall where I picked this one up, but I do remember searching the internet for information about them.   Couldn't find anything online, so it has to be something that is very obscure.   I agree Dustin, it has a fantastic production and love the vocals on this one.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Del's been busy, posting several today.

Here's a couple of great ones that fall into the "I want to hear more" category.

Your collection never ceases to amaze me Delbert.

• Like 1

I remember many years ago when a friend of mine in Rhode Island sent me a box of CDs he picked up on a CD hunting trip to Boston.   We traded quite often and when I opened that box I discovered the Whiskey Gypsy CD, Surrender (the Jamaica, NY band) and Electrichka CD all in that box.   Several years ago, going through of box of demo tapes I had, I discovered the Whiskey Gypsy demo tape which I never knew existed.  

• Like 1