Lipz - Changing The Melody

Stefan

From Lipz:

BIG NEWS!!
We are really proud to announce that we just signed a record deal with Frontiers Music srl
This is a really big step for us and we are so excited for our upcoming album release
Dates etc will be updated really soon!
Stay tuned!!

Edited by Stefan

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

image.png.d215a7b09e62f2018877cb2ce7cba69d.png

New song 'Bye Bye Beautiful' taken from the album 'Changing The Melody' out March 15th.

From Frontiers:

This exciting development comes as a result of the band's collaboration with Frontiers Records, a partnership that promises to redefine the landscape of glam rock.

The stage is set for LIPZ to captivate audiences worldwide with their unique blend of glam rock infused with a contemporary edge. "Changing The Melody" is poised to be a sonic journey that showcases the band's evolution and artistic growth. With the backing of Frontiers Records, LIPZ is geared up to unleash a wave of infectious melodies and spellbinding performances, setting a new benchmark in the glam rock genre.

The visionary Klintberg brothers, Alexander (vocals, guitar) and Koffe (drums), along with guitarist Conny Svärd, have steered the LIPZ saga into an exhilarating new chapter. Originating in 2011, the band's journey took a transformative turn when Alexander assumed the role of frontman, paving the way for their distinctive sound.

LIPZ's musical journey began with the release of their debut single, "Ghost Town," in September 2012, followed by the EP "Psycho" three years later. The quest for a stable bass player added a unique twist, leading to a three-year adventure to complete their debut album. Undeterred by challenges, Alexander took on bass duties, exemplifying the band's unwavering dedication to their craft.

In a ground-breaking move in 2023, LIPZ joined forces with the esteemed Frontiers Records, marking a pivotal moment in their musical odyssey. This collaboration aligns the band with a label renowned for nurturing exceptional talent in the rock and metal genres.

As the world eagerly anticipates the musical revelation that "Changing The Melody" promises to be, LIPZ stands ready to usher in a new era of glam rock on the global stage. Brace yourselves for the infectious energy and sonic brilliance that will undoubtedly define LIPZ as trailblazers in the realm of glam rock.

TRACKLIST

1. I’m Going Under
2. Changing The Melody
3. Bang Bang
4. Stop Talk About ...
5. Bye Bye Beautiful
6. I’m Alive
7. Freak
8. Secret Lover
9. I Would Die For You
10. Monsterz

LINEUP

Alex K Klintberg (Vocals, Guitar)
Koffe K Klintberg (Drums)
Conny Svärd (Guitar)
Chris Young (Bass)

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3

• Stefan changed the title to Lipz - Changing The Melody

I like most of what I heard from them but hard to get much info or consistency in the past and I guess I kinda lost interest.

Will give this one a go,my type of music.

Don't think I've ever heard of these guys as far as I can remember.

Song is okay but not really grabbing me all that much.  I think I'm a little iffy on the singer.

I'll probably give the next couple singles a listen to see if they stick a little more or not.

They look like the "KISS Avatars" :D

19 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Don't think I've ever heard of these guys as far as I can remember.

Song is okay but not really grabbing me all that much.  I think I'm a little iffy on the singer.

I'll probably give the next couple singles a listen to see if they stick a little more or not.

They haa a decent ballad a couple of years ago.

Home Sweet Home?

7 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

They haa a decent ballad a couple of years ago.

Home Sweet Home?

Only ballad by them I know is Everytime I close my eyes, which was during their early emo phase (the video is a difficult watch, but the song is great). They did do an acoustic version for the album though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sleep Reaction GIF by Joseph Royal

I don't dislike the album, but man, it is very safe. Nothing on here really stands out, bar maybe the title track. Nice hook, but overall they played it way too safe for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Album finally arrived. Played it once today and have to say it sounds good, but so far not a patch on the debut.

My biggest complaint though is it seemed overly short. A little over 35mins is incredibly short. Could have done with at least two more tracks.