New New Roses

CureTheSane

Love it when a band announces a new album and they don't ask you to wait 6 to 12 months for it's release.
Big expectations for this one, hope it doesn't let me down....

New Album "SWEET POISON" out on Oct. 21st!! 
Preorder here: 
https://lnk.to/TNR-SweetPoison
Coverartwork by Matthias Löwenstein/SeasonZero

298488374_628873071927297_367930398845169598_n.jpg.ff59a3760f708de514bb230d585ec439.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, slightly underwhelmed by this but not for anything wrong with it... probably me just hoping they'd elevate to a slightly higher level. But it's a solid album, full of what they do best. If you enjoy their brand of no frills hard rock, which at times reminds of earlier Gotthard, I am sure you will enjoy this. Solid album from a solid band... but not a ball slapper. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with Geoff about them going to a higher level this time,i'd have liked that...still nothing wrong with this because it is solid...just was waiting for that next step thing.

• 2 months later...

Had never paid any attention to this band in the past but gave this album a try after seeing it on some year end lists.  Actually, I think I remember hearing the song Down By The River on their last release and thinking it was decent but never really heard anything else by them.

Anyways, not too bad of an album.  They remind me a bit of Collateral.  The definitely have a little bit of southern country-rock flavor to them but they've got a good, catchy sound.

Think I'm going to spend some time listening to their back catalog as there's enough I'm digging on this release to check them out a bit more.

Edited by tts42572

3 hours ago, Kristian said:

The two releases (One More for the Road and Nothing but Wild) prior to this one, are far better albums imo, especially One More for the Road. Good band :-)

Agreed. 

13 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Had never paid any attention to this band in the past but gave this album a try after seeing it on some year end lists.  Actually, I think I remember hearing the song Down By The River on their last release and thinking it was decent but never really heard anything else by them.

Anyways, not too bad of an album.  They remind me a bit of Collateral.

At the same time though, it feels like it's missing something to really elevate it for me.  It's a nice listen but haven't really found myself wanting to go back to it after my first run through.  I'll probably give it another listen to see if it grows.

For me, the 3 songs shared above are probably the songs that stood out most to me on my first listen.

Up until now, the total songs I consider keepers of their first 4 albums were 7. 6, 9 and 10
And of this new one I have 8 so far, with 3 undecided.

That makes them probably one of my favorite bands

Sweet Poison is a great solid album.
Would rival for top spot foir the year, with kissin' Dynamite possibly pipping it.