Charlotte - Self Titled

lettard

Charlotte+-+Self-Titled+-+Front+Cover.jpg?format=1500w

Indianapolis, Indiana - Eonian Records is pleased to present the quintessential catalog of by Los Angeles rockers CHARLOTTE.

In 2010, Eonian Records released one of our most highly celebrated releases to this day. Fast forward twelve years and the band discovers the digital audio tapes for their entire collection, including a host of never-released studio sessions. The Eonian team did not even make it through the second song when we unanimously agreed we needed to do this again!

What separates this from ‘Medusa Groove’ you might ask? The band collectively picked 17 of their favorites (10 from their Eonian debut 'Medusa Groove' and 7 never released tracks), then turned the digital audio tapes over to Rob Calwell of Bombworks Sound for remastering. They sound as crisp and amazing as ever! Also, brand new stunning artwork including tons of never-before-seen photos, and liner notes written by Steven Reid, of Fireworks Magazine and Sea of Tranquility and lead vocalist, Eric Ganz. This is a must-have!

CHARLOTTE's story originally began in upstate New York in 1984. Some back-and-forth banter between the band regarding the so-called “sins of mankind” led to a conversation about legendary women who left their mark on history through less than reputable means which in turn led to a discussion about the legend of 'Charlotte the Harlot', the most beautiful of whores. Seeking symbolism, the band shortened the name to CHARLOTTE. Initially, CHARLOTTE's sound was heavily influenced by the likes of Judas Priest, Motley Crue, and Ratt.

Relocating to Los Angeles in the autumn of 1986, CHARLOTTE would go through a number of rhythm sections until the lineup of Eric Ganz (lead vocals), Nick DiBacco (guitars), Vinnie Cacciotti (guitars), ex-Masi member Chris Colovas (bass), and Eric D. Brewton (drums) was complete. It seems only fitting that a band named after a wicked woman played their first gig at a club called Jezebel’s in Orange County, California. Never really considered themselves a ‘hair’ or metal band but simply a rock band, their music transitioned to more varied influences from Deep Purple, Great White, Aerosmith, and Led Zeppelin.

CHARLOTTE quickly garnered barrels of buzz and rode the wave of their rapidly rising popularity, and although a deal never materialized, many industry giants such as Geffen, ATCO, Arista Records, Giant, and Mercury all showed great interest. Through it all, they were never content to follow the trend, always staying true to themselves and delivering vibrant, creative, unpredictable hard rock music. Despite the major buzz, selling out every venue they played, and magazines hailing CHARLOTTE as the next big thing, the big contract just didn't materialize.

But no matter what, just like the harlot after which they are named, CHARLOTTE’s legend and legacy continue to live on. Splitting up in 1996, CHARLOTTE would, after teaming up with Eonian Records, reconvene again and are going strong to this day.

Charlotte%2B-%2BBW300%2BCrop.jpg?format=1500w

CHARLOTTE ‘Self-Titled’ Tracklist:

1. Siren 2. Medusa Groove 3. Zoo Of Hearts 4. Little Devils 5. Woman Behind The Eyes 6. When I Need You 7. Got Love On The Line 8. Miss Necrophilia 9. She Get It Up 10. Changes 11. Roadhouse Of Love 12. Mistreated 13. Rock City USA 14. Tough Love 15. Vicious Nature 16. She’s On Fire 17. All Tied Up

• Like 2

Cool. I'll be curious to hear the "new" songs. 

Are we to understand they've been back together since 2010? As in 12 years? I wonder if there is any interest from band or label to release any new music? 

27 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Cool. I'll be curious to hear the "new" songs. 

Yeah...I count six (I could be wrong) that don't appear on Medusa Groove...don't know if i'd be up for shelling out for that tbh

• 1 month later...