Shiraz Lane announce new single & album

Captain Howdy

NEW SINGLE, ALBUM RELEASE DATE, FINNISH SHOWS:
We proudly announce our highly anticipated 3rd full length album will be released on August 12th, 2022.
To celebrate the start of a new cycle, we give you the next single "Scream", which will be available on all relevant platforms on March 11th.
"Scream" is a dark leap into the realm of mysteries hidden in the psychological depths of unconscious thoughts. It portrays the immense power of the mind and how it may overwhelm and turn against you if not nurtured. Despite the oppressive atmosphere it sends a message of hope and determination. Which leads to our determination to finally bring our live experience back on stage! We have included the following dates and locations on our tour list and we truly hope to see everyone of you elevating these evenings into something magical with us!
Back to Life Tour 2022:
19.08. - FI - Helsinki, TAVASTIA-klubi
20.08. - FI - Seinäjoki, Rytmikorjaamo
26.08. - FI - Turku, Utopia Turku
27.08. - FI - Lahti, Möysän Musaklubi - Mössö
03.09. - FI - Tampere, Olympia-kortteli
17.09. - FI - Kouvola, Pato Klubi
23.09. - FI - Joensuu, Ravintola Kerubi
30.09. - FI - Kuopio, sawohouse_underground
01.10. - FI - Kajaani, Kulma - House Of Rock And Food
Opening acts and special guests will be announced later.
Between the Finnish tour dates, Shiraz Lane will be doing two shows in Europe; Indoor Festival on September 2nd and Glam Slam Festival on September 10th. And as announced earlier, Shiraz Lane will also be guest-starring CRASHDÏET on an extensive European tour starting in May.
European Tour with Crashdïet:
04.05. - SE - Stockholm, Debaser Strand
06.05. - NO - Oslo, John Dee
08.05. - DK - Copenhagen, Pumpehuset
09.05. - SE - Gothenburg, Pustervik
12.05. - BE - Bilzen, South of Heaven
13.05. - BE - Roeselare, De Verlichte Geest
14.05. - NL - Rotterdam, Baroeg
15.05. - NL - Breda, Bel Air
17.05. - UK - Leeds, Key Club
19.05. - UK - Wolverhampton, Robin 2
20.05. - UK - Machynlleth, Lion
21.05. - UK - Call of the Wild Festival, Lincoln
22.05. - UK - Edinburgh, Bannermans
25.05. - ES - Madrid, Story Live
26.05. - ES - Barcelona, Bóveda
28.05. - BE - Wildfest, Geraardsbergen, JC De Spiraal
30.05. - DE - Münich, Backstage
31.05. - DE - Cologne, Helios
02.06. - DE - Hamburg, Bahnhof Pauli
03.06. - DE - Berlin, Badehaus
04.06. - DE - Lichtenfels, Paunchy Cats
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Nice!

• 1 month later...

There was a 2nd one? I've only heard that 5 song EP they did a few years back...

10 hours ago, T-BONE said:

There was a 2nd one? I've only heard that 5 song EP they did a few years back...

There were several early EPs (three I think) which I believe may have been self released, and then two albums released by Frontiers, For crying out loud (2016) and Carnival days (2018) then another self released/indy release EP called Vibration I (2020)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shiraz Lane to release new album ‘Forgotten Shades of Life’ on August 12th

Finnish rockers Shiraz Lane consisting of lead vocalist Hannes Kett, lead guitarist Jani Laine, rhythm guitarist Miki Kalske, bassist Joel Alex and drummer Ana Willman will be releasing their third full-length studio album Forgotten Shades of Life on August 12, 2022. 

The new album can be pre-ordered via Backstage Rockshop‘s website.

Shiraz-Lane-album-cover-e1657644840332.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Heard this and have to say this is probably my most disappointing album of the year.

Granted, I was jacked up for this one and had high expectations.  I loved Carnival Days, loved their Vibration EP and dug the singles they had come out with (Broken into Pieces, Fake Perfection, Scream and Disconnect from the Matrix).  

It almost pains me to say that this album though is just doing very little for me.  First of all, Broken into Pieces and Fake Perfection weren't even included on the album and I feel like that was a mistake.  Scream and Matrix are on it and those 2 are probably my top 2 songs on it.

As for the rest, not much overly grabbed me on my first listen.  There are a couple tunes that sound okay and might grow on me some but I found myself mostly just scratching my head and skipping through tunes.

Overall just not finding it nearly as catchy as most of their recent stuff.

I'll give it a couple more tries to see if it's maybe a grower but initial impression isn't great.

I had this preordered...but according to Amazon its out not until 21st Oct :blink:...I know that wrong...its out tomorrow....hopefully it ticks my boxes after reading what tt42572 wrote.

Edited by lettard

2 hours ago, lettard said:

I had this preordered...but according to Amazon its out not until 21st Oct :blink:...I know that wrong...its out tomorrow....hopefully it ticks my boxes after reading what tt42572 wrote.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me with it.

Seriously one of the most disappointing albums for me that I can remember.  These guys had been on such a roll and an upward trajectory for me.  This has sent them crashing back down.  The songs just feel like they're all over the place.

I had read somewhere that one reason they left Frontiers was because they wanted more creative control.  If this is what that looks like, it was a big mistake IMO.