They're BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!

heavyharmonies

thats sweet, hilarious, come on Dan how you find this?

2 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Dan is one of the Eskimo's...

Oh sweet, thats the kind of extra spot id like to get in a music vid, or even a staring role in a music vid, this is great

2 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Oh sweet, thats the kind of extra spot id like to get in a music vid, or even a staring role in a music vid, this is great

I was being smart pal, but anything is possible and who doesn't like poking a bear or Dan for that matter.

1 minute ago, martinsane said:

I was being smart pal, but anything is possible and who doesn't like poking a bear or Dan for that matter.

OH I know, so was I, but it was fun to stoke the big guy up and see who else would play along

Haha. That video gave me both laughter, and an erection. 

Anyway, looks like my hopes that these guys would start to feature more clean vocals are being dashed, lol. It's a cool tune - awesome novelty factor, but sadly it wouldn't make it on a keepers playlist for the year of release. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Haha. That video gave me both laughter, and an erection. 

Anyway, looks like my hopes that these guys would start to feature more clean vocals are being dashed, lol. It's a cool tune - awesome novelty factor, but sadly it wouldn't make it on a keepers playlist for the year of release. 

Normally I'm not a fan of harsh vocals, but EC blends the different styles so seamlessly and the production/mix is sooo on point. I can listen to their stuff all day long. The harsh vocals in this case don't put me off one bit. I think that part of it is that there's enough melodic stuff underpinning the harsh vocals and they don't stick with it for too long before switching back to the clean vocals, that it just works. The contrasts actually make both aspects better IMO.

20 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Normally I'm not a fan of harsh vocals, but EC blends the different styles so seamlessly and the production/mix is sooo on point. I can listen to their stuff all day long. The harsh vocals in this case don't put me off one bit. I think that part of it is that there's enough melodic stuff underpinning the harsh vocals and they don't stick with it for too long before switching back to the clean vocals, that it just works. The contrasts actually make both aspects better IMO.

Yeah, I must confess I have a lot of harsh vocals in my playlists. Namely the Secrets album from a few years back, which is one of my favourite albums in recent years. Even the last To The Rats & Wolves album, where this dude came from. I am actually a genuine fan of the post-hardcore genre, which features plenty of harsh vocals.

But yeah, even for me, in this case, it's a bit too dominated by the harsh vocals, and the clean vocal pay-off - which like I said, is very cool, is not quite cool enough... for me. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'm not into harsh vocals at all, but you're right, they contrast between harsh and clean very well.

OK G-Off you need to go on FB, and start hammering the Issues page, they have been asking fans for almost a year, who should sing on their next CD, they are frustrated to the point that they are just thinking of having various singers, do you know why? who do you think the fans are flooding the page with??? So he had sex with a girl he groomed, that absolutely effects me in no way, and he's way to good of a singer to replace, give me TC or just put issues to bed

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep. On a (somewhat) related note, has anyone else watched any of the music video reactions from "Tank the Tech"? Former roadie that does music video reactions, analyzing the musical equipment, recording quality, production, pyro, etc. A really cool perspective. He's primarily a metalhead, so most of the artists he does reactions for are heavy metal, but his series of Eskimo Callboy reactions, including the interview he did with the band are a great watch.

In chronological order, this first one is a bit "primitive" compared to the others as he was just getting started doing reactions in 2020:

Really starts to take off with this one...

Some of his other recent reactions: