Concert Experience - What are yours?

Aordave89

On 2/9/2021 at 9:56 PM, Jez said:

Worst concert - Poison, Hammersmith Odeon 1993, Motley Crue Hammersmith Odeon 1986 with Cheap Trick, who destroyed them. Crue were great next time I saw them though

Interesting regarding Poison, what made them so bad? 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, Aordave89 said:

Interesting regarding Poison, what made them so bad? 

Besides Kotzen on guitar, Everything. Good job old CC wasn't there,  otherwise it would have been even worse. ;) I was in London at the time and was given a mates ticket, as he couldn't go..otherwise I wouldn't have gone myself tbh

• Like 1

I enjoyed your list, Jez, but I'm intrigued now. I just noticed that Poison's VHS 'Seven Days Live,' which I more or less grew up on, appears to be the same concert you attended and hated so much. Is that right? I know I'm probably a biased Poison fan, but even from a neutral point of view I can't really see what they did wrong in that show? I obviously love it to bits, but like I say, just looking at it without bias I can't pick up anything outstandingly off with the whole thing. 

36 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I enjoyed your list, Jez, but I'm intrigued now. I just noticed that Poison's VHS 'Seven Days Live,' which I more or less grew up on, appears to be the same concert you attended and hated so much. Is that right? I know I'm probably a biased Poison fan, but even from a neutral point of view I can't really see what they did wrong in that show? I obviously love it to bits, but like I say, just looking at it without bias I can't pick up anything outstandingly off with the whole thing. 

I would have liked to have seen Poison back in the day. Never did get to see them - always liked The Flesh & Blood album 

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

I would have liked to have seen Poison back in the day. Never did get to see them - always liked The Flesh & Blood album 

Yep, I obviously would have loved to see them back in the day - whether they were amazing or not - just would have loved to see it. I always hoped, as so many of the "smaller" "big" US bands started to drop into Australia over the past few years, that I might get to see them even if far past their prime. Won't happen for sure now, though. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I must admit, that some of the 'Native Tongue' songs are more than bareable with Kotzen playing on that album. The rest of their stuff is just terribly weak in my book. I go to a gig for excitement, not to be bored witless, which unfortunately I was at this one. The bar and company was quite enjoyable though ;)

• Like 1

First concert - David Bowie - Reality tour 2002 London Wembley arena

Last concert - Skillet - London O2 Shepherds Bush empire - 2019

Best concert - Alice Cooper with support from the Darkness was great , Normandie at Dingwalls in camden was great too

Worst concert - Motley Crue farewell tour 2016 Wembley arena with Alice cooper supporting - Cooper was great but Vince Neil sounded terrible

Loudest - Skillet was pretty loud in a good way , Motley was just a loud mess 

Seen the most - Alice Cooper , Skillet , Deaf Havana , Asking Alexandria & Black veil brides are all tied or pretty close in terms of number of times I've seen them

Most surprising - The Darkness , not a huge fan of their music , like a handful of songs but that's pretty much it , they put on one hell of a show though

Next concert - Normandie in Camden again - originally supposed to have been this month but think it's been pushed back to October now

Wish I could have seen - Queen with Freddie Mercury , died before I was born sadly so never got the chance , Gotthard with Steve Lee , I only discovered Gotthard after his death unfortunately , I've seen them with Nic and it was a good show but wish I could have seen them with Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

Best concert - Alice Cooper with support from the Darkness was great , Normandie at Dingwalls in camden was great too

Worst concert - Motley Crue farewell tour 2016 Wembley arena with Alice cooper supporting - Cooper was great but Vince Neil sounded terrible

Seen the most - Alice Cooper , Skillet , Deaf Havana , Asking Alexandria & Black veil brides are all tied or pretty close in terms of number of times I've seen them

Most surprising - The Darkness , not a huge fan of their music , like a handful of songs but that's pretty much it , they put on one hell of a show though

Next concert - Normandie in Camden again - originally supposed to have been this month but think it's been pushed back to October now

Wish I could have seen - Queen with Freddie Mercury , died before I was born sadly so never got the chance , Gotthard with Steve Lee , I only discovered Gotthard after his death unfortunately , I've seen them with Nic and it was a good show but wish I could have seen them with Steve

Normandie are a great band - looking forward to their new one 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

yeah so am I mate !

The singles have all been pretty strong

Agree with you on that one mate. Hopefully catching them in Manchester, never seen them before so I’m looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

I actually saw Freddie in his last ever performance in 86. He was amazing even then. Would love to have seen the Bowl gig 82 or maybe some of their earlier indoor gigs. Amazing band 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Glen said:

I actually saw Freddie in his last ever performance in 86. He was amazing even then. Would love to have seen the Bowl gig 82 or maybe some of their earlier indoor gigs. Amazing band 

Really jealous of you on that one mate 

Yes incredible band and maintain that Freddie is the best frontman there has ever been 

• Like 1