Petra   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Volz-fronted Petra and the Schlitt-fronted Petra might as well be different bands. As much as I enjoy Not of This World ("Grave Robber" is a classic), the heavier rock sound that emerged with Schlitt as the vocalist is far & away my preferred version of the band, with Beyond Belief being their greatest album.

• Like 1

I admit I'm not really a fan of the band and I had to consult my archives to see who sung on the albums I like best, which proved to be John Schlitt on 'Beyond Belief' and 'Wake Up Call.' 

Those two albums are more of a bore for me. I like This Means War & On Fire and Definitely Back to the Street best 

Edited by PetraGirl86

• 1 month later...

I think I tried them once and it wasn't for me. Not even sure which disc it was. Somebody was selling a christian cd collection and I bought almost all of them. Petra didn't make the cut. I did grab the first 3 Angelica, Shout, Bloodgood, Mass, Guardian, and Saint. Barren Cross too. 

What is their top disc to check out Petra girlie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Back To The Street!!!!! Then On Fire and This Means War are two of the next best, but it's a tie for which one is better :)

Okay cool. I'll check it out and report back to you.

• 2 months later...

Jon Schlitt is pretty much the man, even though I don't identify with his particular conservative brand of Christianity. Without exposure to his era of Petra as a kid, I probably would have never gotten into vocalists with similar ranges such as Lizzy Borden, Joey Tempest,  Midnight, Bruce Dickinson, Steve Perry, Klaus Meine, Claus Lessman, Bernhard Weiss, and others.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zsinj said:

Jon Schlitt is pretty much the man, even though I don't identify with his particular conservative brand of Christianity. Without exposure to his era of Petra as a kid, I probably would have never gotten into vocalists with similar ranges such as Lizzy Borden, Joey Tempest,  Midnight, Bruce Dickinson, Steve Perry, Klaus Meine, Claus Lessman, Bernhard Weiss, and others.

That's cool! For me they were just one of the Christian 80s rock bands I was getting into last spring and summer and they turned out to be my favorite : ) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jondavis said:

If I think Petra I think John Schlitt, other than seeing a few youtube videos I don't know much about Greg Volz.

I know much more John stuff than I do Greg, but I don't mind him either. John's just better