Cannonballz (Robbie LaBlanc) - 8Ballz2Many

Stefan

53745058_2053934374698304_32542649717809

From melodicrock.com:

CANNONBALLZ!

Who are CANNONBALZ? Check this lineup for some of the best musicians on the planet!

Vocals - Robbie LaBlanc (Fury, Blanc Faces, Find Me, Solo)

Guitars - Alan Friedman (The Accounting Crows, Sessions, Solo)

Bass - Doug Wimbish (Living Colour, Tackhead, Mick Jagger)

Keyboards - Vince DiCola (Transformers, Storming Heaven, Rocky IV, Staying Alive)

Drums & Percussion - Jonathan Mover (Marillion, The Tubes, GTR, Joe Satriani)

So what are this band of musicial icons doing together?

Only making one of the best AOR/rock/midwestern/pop records you’ll ever hear, that’s what!

There’s not one note out of place on this monster album - an eclectic mix of classic rock influences, with a level of musicianship completely off the scale.

MRR A&R Andrew McNeice: "I'm so proud and thrilled to have these guys and this amazing album on MRR. The crisp, sharp production allows all the many layers to breathe and showcase the extraordinary talents these guys have. This is one of the finest albums for musicianship that I have heard in years!"

After recording a few records with various well-known musicians, guitarist/songwriter Alan Friedman wanted to form a band with his favorite drummer, bassist, keyboardist and vocalist. His choices were easy, as he enlisted drummer Jonathan Mover (Aretha Franklin, Alice Cooper, Joe Satriani), bassist Doug Wimbish (Living Colour, Jeff Beck, TackHead), keyboardist Vince DiCola (film score composer of ‘Rocky IV’ & ‘The Transformers: The Movie’), and killer AOR vocalistRobbie LaBlanc (Find Me, Fury).

Together, they spent three days in L.A. studio “The Steakhouse” and wrote this entire record from scratch, including a complete rearrangement of the Beatles’ “Tomorrow Never Knows.” One of Jonathan’s many girlfriends (and there have been many) always called Alan “Kannenballs”because the name of Alan’s CPA firm is “Friedman, Kannenberg & Company.” And as they say, the rest is history.

MelodicRock Records is honoured to be in the presence of such company and proudly releases the album ‘8Ballz2Many’ worldwide officially May 10.

There is however, an exclusive offer available right now for direct pre-orders. A Limitd Edition (500 only) ‘8Ballz2many’ Special Edition offers the following:

Tracklisting:

01. Sari
02. Never Giving Up
03. When I Think Of You
04. Justin Thyme
05. Heart Without A Soul
06. Sammy On The Wall
07. I’ll Take The Pain
08. Lost In Time
09. URanus? MYanus!
10. Tomorrow Never Knows

13 hours ago, Tabe said:

Hmmm...anything with Robbie LeBlanc intrigues me but that first track was pretty "meh".

Yeah didn't really do much for me either.

• 2 weeks later...

Good band name.

• 2 weeks later...