whiplash1972

Heavy Harmonies milestone - Disc number 19,000 added

Just wanted to take a moment to point out that over on the main site the 19,000th CD was added to the HH database last night.

It's been a little less than 10 months since we hit 18K, so that's a pretty good pace! 

I'd like to give a big shout out to regular submission contributors Stefan and CC, as well as a thank you to any and everyone who submits CDs to the database. It helps keep the site growing, current, informative, and definitely THE Number 1 Hard Rock and AOR Reference Site on the interwebs! :drink:

Soooo, who was 19K you ask? None other than Joe Lynn Turner and Sunstorm...

https://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=4051&CDName=The+Road+to+Hell&Letter=A

Very approrpiate considering JLT has been rocking for over 40 years! :banger: 

*Number 18,999 was the new TNT if anyone's interested... 😉

Again, thanks everyone! :drink:

Nice!  I would contribute, but I don't know how to upload the info and what not.  I suck!

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

The Rocker,  it's real simple:

https://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/submission87.cgi

Also, a big thank you to Mike for handling the thankless data entry work on the main site!

-Dan

Ok, thanks!

catching up with Jez ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Lyric video for the song "She Leads You On" from the upcoming album    
    • Slowly becoming one of my faves this year
    • That song was one of two that almost... almost got me. A nice chorus, but a song is more than a chorus.
    • Oh, and by the way, have you guys tuned into the shredding going on at the end of 'Fight for love?' Man that dude can play... 
    • The songs are always great - that won't be an issue with these guys. But it's amazing the influence a good production has on the songs, though. I was thinking today that for the hundreds of mundane releases you get per year - all well produced drivel - it's a bit of a crying shame when two of the premier acts "our genre" offers up submit albums with poor production jobs. And I speak of both Vega and White Widdow. Song-wise, easily two of the year's best albums. Production-wise, they would probably honestly, and sadly, be sitting in the bottom 5% of all 2018 releases, and that's a gigantic disappointment in my eyes.
    • Still I cannot understand  why you just don't let yerself  adore "Nothing To Die For" 
    • Yeah, I prefer rock covers of cool pop songs, to be honest. Hearing a song you always kind of liked done in a rock format is pretty awesome. It's a bit weird when the covers are already quality melodic rock songs.  Covering songs by the likes of Robin Beck, HOL, Hardline etc. does seem very futile, as you're never going to top those originals. Or Queensryche,  even if I'm not a mad fan. There are some odd choices for sure, but like I said, I still found enjoyment in bits of this.
    • Noted. I can honestly say - not kidding - that I would not be disappointed at all if they just re-recorded the debut with their current sound/production. I think it'd elevate a brilliant album to something completely sublime.  Amazing what a year can do to a band... 
    • My thoughts on this one are a bit jumbled. Do I like it? Hell no. Will I ever play it again? I said Hell No! Without any second guessing that first spin was the last time I will ever hear this, end of story.  But is it actually a dreadful album? I'd feel a bit harsh saying that. It's not really like anything I know, and in that regard I think it's pretty ballsy on his behalf. At this point in his career, the absolutely singular, only fans this dude has is the people who dug those first two HEAT albums. No one else knows who he is. So with this album he has undoubtedly disappointed every single fan of those HEAT albums that exists, but it's kind of ballsy. I assume this is something he's passionate about and I hope it attracts him some new fans.  For me, and probably every other fan of those first two HEAT albums, it's where we part ways and just acknowledge we're on different paths, but I'm not going to begrudge the dude for doing what he is passionate about. I'm really disappointed and sad that this isn't a killer melodic rock/AOR album, but I genuinely wish him the best with this thing. He's given us two killer albums, which is more than 95% of artists in "our genre," so may he prosper.  On the album, it's a weird ol' thing. Not really sure where he is going with it, but good luck to him. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.