Guild Of Ages - Rise

Stefan

10639550_593602537411775_777228927702038

Press release from Escape Music:

Guild of Ages roots extend all the way back to 1989. The band was named Caught in the Act and they played every battle of the bands, benefit show or backyard party they could. The band quickly rose among the ranks of the most popular bands on the Denver rock scene. After winning a number of Battle of the Bands competitions, Caught in the Act started gaining attention from agents, management companies and A&R. The early 1990's brought about a significant change in the music scene away from Hard Rock, Metal and Melodic Rock. Bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam became popular. Caught in the Act seemed to press on, despite the unpopularity of their music and it paid off. The band was noticed by former Axe / Blackfoot vocalist and guitarist Bobby Barth. Barth lived in Los Angeles and brought the band out for a recording session in the summer of 1992. The trip changed the landscape for the band significantly.

After a drummer replacement, Caught in the Act sent a number of demo recordings to various record labels in Europe, Japan and the US. The melodic rock scene was still very much alive in Europe and Japan. The Scandinavian record label Empire Records offered the band a recording and distribution deal in 1993 and Caught in the Act began recording ‘Act 1:Relapse of Reason’. Relapse of Reason was well received in both Europe and Japan. The boys began recording their follow up almost immediately after the release of their first effort, despite turmoil. Two member changes happened after the release of Relapse of Reason, but core members Antz Trujillo (guitar) and Danny Martinez (vocals) remained. Bassist Jim Lostetter and drummer Steve Stuntz joined in 1994, The band recorded and released Heat of Emotion and was subsequently signed to MTM Music in Europe and Toshiba EMI in Japan. The Heat of Emotion Cd received critical acclaim and served as a fantastic follow-up to their first release. The band was in demand and secured their first European tour as an opening act on the Pink Cream 69 - 1997 summer tour.

Caught in the Act was sued shortly thereafter by a Scandinavian "Boy Band" with the same name. Despite using the acronym CITA, the band was issued a cease and desist order and forced to change the name after nearly a decade. Guild of Ages was reborn in 1998, toured Europe that year with Axe, released 3 more studio CD's (One, Vox Dominatas, Citadel) and 1 Live CD (Live Over Germany). The band parted ways in 2002... In August of 2014, GOA was asked to reunite and play a festival show in Nottingham, England. Firefest: The Final Fling! The band agreed to play the show. The band had a number of ‘warm up’ shows lined up to help get back into the groove known as Guild of Ages. It was evident that the band still had chemistry and sounded as if they had never split. During these warm up gigs, they decided to reunite Guild of Ages not only for Firefest, but for years to come.

The band travelled to England knowing that they planned on putting the band back together, but they had no idea the fan base was so strong. Even after all those years. The band finished recording 12 new tracks in December 2017. A chance inquiry from Khalil Turk of Escape Music Ltd, happened in early January 2018. Escape Music was very interested to secured a deal to release the long-awaited new Guild of Ages album RISE …. now is coming on the 29th June 2018

All previous catalogue from CITA and Guild of Ages will be re-mastered and repackaged and will be available on Escape Music in the near future!!!

Band is:
Anthony 'Antz' Trujillo
Guitars, keyboards, vocals 
Danny Martinez Jr
Lead Vocals, guitars
James Lostetter
Bass
Steve Stuntz
Drums, vocals
Additional Piano: JC Cernan on "All Fall Down"

facebook

31543740_10204729965724906_4180986951387

Release date: 29th June 2018
Catalogue Number: ESM321

Track list:
1. Intro 2:27 
2. Deep In Heaven 7:13
3. Around The Sun 4:30
4. Addicted 3:55
5. Every Road Leads Me Home 5:06
6. All Fall Down 4:47
7. Awaken 4:08
8. Love Rules All 4:13
9. I’ll Keep Burnin’ 4:10
10. Rise Another Day 3:37
11. Hearts Collide 4:46
12. Outro 0:54

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else got this in their top 5 list of 2018? Top 5 most disappointing albums, that is. :(

I put it on the stereo and all I was saying to myself was "please let the production be great" because I had every faith in them that the songs would be great, regardless. Well, the album starts and the production is top notch. Opening riff is killer; musicianship tight as a sweet vagina and it all sounds great. First chorus comes and goes and I'm all like 'Has it happened yet? Was there a chorus? Yep, it's happened and it's gone. Bit weak, but I'm sure the rest of the album will be great.' 

Well, it wasn't. Never once did the song writing improve at all. Not really sure where their heads were at for this one, but the song writing is weak and there is just no chorus or hook to speak of at all. Which is really weird for these guys, as it's never been an issue in the past. But quite frankly, the album is a well produced, well played... dud. :(

I genuinely wish they'd just re-recorded the Relapsed album with this level of production and musicianship. 

Yeah disappointed is one word that I can choose for this release...there are many many others...but disappointed will do for now :(

Edited by lettard