Dave Friday Band - Life Imitating Art

tts42572

Searched a bit and didn't see a thread on this album anywhere.  

Recently picked this album up and liking it.  It's one I never paid any attention to when it was released and haven't seen many reviews at all on it.  Basically melodic rock with a very Tesla-like vibe.  

Might be worth checking out for anybody that likes that sort of Tesla-ish, gritty, slightly bluesy melodic rock.

I'm surprised this doesn't have a thread already too.  Pretty good album.  You mentioned the Tesla vibe, and I can hear some of that.  I could be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that Dave Friday used to be in a Tesla cover band.

a couple of fillers but on the whole it's great. Made my top 25 in a very good year.

Love is Overrated was a top 10 ballad for me. 

Super nice and humble guy too :)

I did see this one on, I think it was Glen's list, and wondered what it was. I completely missed this one but I kind of like how it sounds. I'll check it out. 

On 1/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, kourosofsteel3 said:

This great cd-r effortlessly ended in my top 24 of the year!  And I say it  like I mean it!

LOL.  It does bother me a bit that this is basically a CDR that was produced very cheaply.  I even bought my copy directly from NEH records and it was using an AORheaven stock number, so I thought maybe it would be like all AOR heaven releases.  It's clearly not though.

It's still okay and there's some good songs here.  But it's clear the band basically did this CD as cheap as they could and just tried to get something out there.

Really like the album though and hopefully this gets them with a label like maybe AOR Heaven for a future release for some better packaging and such.

On 24/01/2018 at 1:00 PM, Geoff said:

I did see this one on, I think it was Glen's list, and wondered what it was. I completely missed this one but I kind of like how it sounds. I'll check it out. 

I think you'll dig about half of it.